MBL 2013 Challenge!

TeeBee

NaturalfienD said:
Your hair is super cute, what makes you want to remove them? Aside from being nosy, I ask cuz I'm debating between mini braids and mini twists for my next style. Any info you have to share about your experience with mini twists would be appreciated. TIA …

Thanks! My scalp is itchy and it's driving me nuts. And the more I scratch, the more raggedy my twists begin to look...
This is my second time doing mini twists. They're an awesome way to give your hair a break, but you're still able to style em..so far all I've done are buns. And I'm able to see my length without having to flat iron. I just moisturize my ends every other day with my hair milk and voila!

caliscurls

Checking In! I made it to BSL :spinning: Let's just say it's a shock because I've been trying to develop a new routine and had major shedding issues in June and July. Tea rinses with garlic and onion have helped tremendously. With my next touch-up I'm going back to old faithful - Linange Shea Butter, I'm convinced the ORS jacked me up :wallbash: (my hair is not as combat proof as I thought).

Check-In Dates
March 31, 2012 - mostly APL, scratching BSL
August 15, 2012 - around BSL
December 31, 2012 - BSL that doesnt make me swing my head back to pull it down to reach
April 30, 2013 - scratching MBL
August 15, 2013 - around MBL
December 31, 2013 - MBL

Last edited:

caliscurls

SmilingElephant said:
Congrats!!! We're BSL together!

Sent from my N860 using LHCF

Thanks and Congrats to you too!! I'm still in disbelief, you should have seen how many pictures I took just to make sure!

SmilingElephant

caliscurls said:
Thanks and Congrats to you too!! I'm still in disbelief, you should have seen how many pictures I took just to make sure!

Lol!!! You betta WERK!

Im not takin pics like crazy until i am able to flat iron!

I can't believe i got back here that fast!!!:lol:

:dance7: <---BSL party

Sent from my N860 using LHCF

vmerie

Undercover superhero
Yeah check-in day! Saving a spot. Will length check and post pic later.

Current Length: BSL
Current State of Hair: Natural 4A, Fine
Regimen: Curly Girl Method, Minimalist
Goals for each check-in date:
August 15, 2012 - Almost Past BSL
December 31, 2012 - Heading toward MBL
April 30, 2013 - Still Heading toward MBL
August 15, 2013 - Not quite there yet
December 31, 2013 - Grazing MBL

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

irisak

Here's my length check photo. As a reference point the top of the number 2 is apl on me. Im not sure what length to claim at this point. Oh and this is my hair stretched not straightened. I have some job interviews coming and want to save the heat for them.

ForumRunner_20120815_144341.jpg

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

irisak

Oh and here's one more where I really got my sister to stretch it. The one above can just be used so the reference points on my body can be seen lol.

ForumRunner_20120815_144712.jpg

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. *sigh* auto correct

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120815_144643.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120815_144643.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 37

jprayze

Checking in and adding my goals for each date

Check-In Dates/Goals
March 31, 2012 - closing in on APL
August 15, 2012 - APL
December 31, 2012 - BSL
August 15, 2013 - BSB
December 31, 2013 - MBL!

View attachment 143663

This pic was taken on March 28th. Right now, I'm really working on establishing a regimen that works for me and I'm feeling positive!

Oops I didn't know it was check-in day!!! I won't be able to check in today because I'm currently wearing mini braids. I anticipated being APL by 8/15 and it seems like my braids are almost there. I have to wait until I straighten to know for sure. I don't plan to straighten until sometime in September. Before then, I will update with a pull test. I'm still trying for BSL by December 31st even though I doubt that will happen.

newbeginnings2010

I just got an alert on my calendar that said MBL checkin day! I will be going home and taking down my bun to check my length. With all the setbacks, I probably haven't gotten very far. :ohwell:

ms.tatiana

I'm getting my hair pressed on Thursday night to go out Friday I will check in then.

I need to get back to my hair vitamins & stop stressing I don't think I have any growth right now.

growinginstyle

Checking in! I just washed and conditioned my hair. I'm doing a pull test because I'm not straightening my hair until mid-October.

I thought I was APL but now I'm not so sure. I'm really close though. I've been using a MN mix every day for 3 weeks now and I take hairfinity vitamins daily. I hope to be close to BSL by my birthday (December 23rd.) I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's progress :yep:.

caliscurls

justjai said:
Checking in! I just washed and conditioned my hair. I'm doing a pull test because I'm not straightening my hair until mid-October.

I thought I was APL but now I'm not so sure. I'm really close though. I've been using a MN mix every day for 3 weeks now and I take hairfinity vitamins daily. I hope to be close to BSL by my birthday (December 23rd.) I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's progress :yep:.

Taking in consideration the angle to pull forward and the fact it's a pull test instead of straightened, it sure looks APL to me

jprayze

TeeBee said:
I installed mini twists a week ago..ready for them to be oooouuut, lol!
My scalp said NO.

Giving em one more week. My wedding anniversary is approaching, and I want to do something special. Ehh, so I guess it'll be a brief protective/low mani style.

I just got mini braids last wk and I'm only keeping mine in another wk too so I'm with u on the brief PS...

ScorpioLove

The pic in my siggy is where I'm at right now. I should be on track for full BSL by the next check in (Dec 2012). For now I'm claiming BSB

I took these on the 12th. I would love a BSL length pony one day

Attachments

• IMG_20120812_084843.jpg
    IMG_20120812_084843.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20120812_085234.jpg
    IMG_20120812_085234.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 81

vmerie

Undercover superhero
Happy to report I grew close to an inch? I started last month.

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

ms.tatiana

I have Mayo & egg in my hair right now. After this I will shampoo & condition, put my hair in 6 braids over night. Then get it pressed and curled tomorrow.

ShantiNamaste

Will do a proper check-in tomorrow.

I just got back from vacation and am currently deep conditioning the life back into my hair. Chlorine and Salt-Water made my hair super dry. I put a protein pack in and my hair ate it up like it was candy. My hair dried so quickly I had to add more.

I haven't decided whether I will straighten or pull test tomorrow for length.

We shall see.

BEAUTYU2U

Checking in - Finally admitted to myself that I'm not comitted enough to keep up a MN routine. I did not make APL as predicted, my new goal is December. Still washing, moisturizing, and sealing about every 3-4 days. Thinking about using less manipulation and more DCs in the future.

Last edited:

jprayze

Checking in - Finally admitted to myself that I'm not comitted enough to keep up a MN routine. I did not make APL as predicted, my new goal is December. Still washing, moisturizing, and sealing about every 3-4 days. Thinking about using less manipulation and more DCs in the future.

I just posted a new MN Challenge starting Sept. 1 if you are interested. Can you incorporate the MN into a hair care step that you normally do anyway?

BEAUTYU2U

I appreciate it but no thanks. I already tossed the mixture. I rarely oil my scalp and that probably would of been the best step to incorporate the MN.

nlamr2013

Sorry its such a horrible picture. I'll try to find a better one later today. this was about a month and a half ago almost two months but I'll use this photo as the official length of 8/15 since I'm getting a trim before my protective style.
My growth is average however I do want to start taking msm, doing research now, and for the next 12 months I will be doing non stop protective styling. First two months its kinky twists I'll try to post a picture of that.

IMAG2447-1-1.jpg

jprayze

BEAUTYU2U said:
I appreciate it but no thanks. I already tossed the mixture. I rarely oil my scalp and that probably would of been the best step to incorporate the MN.

That's true. Well maybe you will find another growth aid that works better for you.

Evolving78

checking in. washing my hair again tomorrow. i am experiencing some shedding. i think it is from my last relaxer. i dont know what the stylist used.