New *2009* Transitioners Support Thread!

pmichael52172

For those who are going through the transition by STRAIGHTENING...I'm gonna assume you guys don't sweat in your head?

I straighten only the natural part with a hot comb only every two weeks. I do sweat which is why I use some anti humectant before blow drying. Aveda works for me right now. I've also done sabino moisture block. Sweating or some reversion is unpreventable especially in this heat & rain so I do spiral curls all over (with the iron). They last me 14 days and the looser they get the cuter it looks. They also hide my puffy roots.

blksndrlla

ok...so, I have heard it since I started researching my hair...try Co-washing.

Ladies, if you are having breakage or moisture issues....PLEASE don't be like me...try co-washing multiple times a week. I have been doing it for like 2 weeks now and I am in love. I bought 8 things of VO5 for less than $5. So, I am set for a while. I just co-wash, finger detangle, av gel, moisturizer and oils. Then I put on to head bands, grab the loose hair in the back and throw it in a bun. It has been working real well for me. Especially since I work out everyday.

Melissa-jane

ok...so, I have heard it since I started researching my hair...try Co-washing.

Ladies, if you are having breakage or moisture issues....PLEASE don't be like me...try co-washing multiple times a week. I have been doing it for like 2 weeks now and I am in love. I bought 8 things of VO5 for less than $5. So, I am set for a while. I just co-wash, finger detangle, av gel, moisturizer and oils. Then I put on to head bands, grab the loose hair in the back and throw it in a bun. It has been working real well for me. Especially since I work out everyday.

works for me too:grin:

AnotherLevel

I BC'd!!!!!!!!

Hello ladies,

Just came to tell you all that I AM NO LONGER TRANSITIONING!! (Still excited, you'll have to excuse me, lol). I decided to BC yesterday after 6.5 months of transitioning because my relaxed ends were a stringy mess. I feel so good!! If you are getting the itch to BC, I say go for it!!

See pics in my fotki if interested.

Thank you so much for the support. I will continue to subscribe to this thread to offer anything I can. God bless!!

FindingMe

I'm getting the urge to B/C again too... :help:

ETA: Ok, I just DIED inside because I just saw that I missed Whimsy's B/C!!! Good lord, your have some GORGEOUS hair chica!!! Ok, so that's either more inspiration for me to keep on trucking, or to snip :spinning:

Don't even try it....:rolleyes: Just think about how long and thick and lovely and flowing your hair will be when we fully transition on out:yep::lachen:

diva24

Posting to check my siggy. I think I am 9 months post?

ETA: Yep I am 9 months post. This is easy. The hard part for me is cutting off my hair :-(

trey21

I BC'd!!!!!!!!

Hello ladies,

Just came to tell you all that I AM NO LONGER TRANSITIONING!! (Still excited, you'll have to excuse me, lol). I decided to BC yesterday after 6.5 months of transitioning because my relaxed ends were a stringy mess. I feel so good!! If you are getting the itch to BC, I say go for it!!

See pics in my fotki if interested.

Thank you so much for the support. I will continue to subscribe to this thread to offer anything I can. God bless!!

Your hair looks amazing! You are wearing it very well girl.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
I got kinky twist today. A friend of mine did them. Next time I may attempt to do them myself. I wanted to wait for until September but sometimes you have to just listen to your hair and do what it says and my hair was saying leave me alone. I don't want to act right. So I will be in braids for who knows how long.

MummysGirl

Just came in to say - YAYYY!!! I am 6 months post :) I feel I can go for an additional 6 months (minimum) or more :)

Congrats to recent BC'ers and HHG ladies :)

jaded_faerie

Nooo, don't do it! You've come such a long way. What's your goal? Let's see if we can't help you get there.

I want to transition for 2 years or until all my ends break off. You're right, this is the longest I've gone. It was just a fleeting thought!

Don't do it!!! I've read your posts before, and you sound sooooo much like me in your hair journey. We would both be butt length naturals if we just make up our minds and stick with the program!

My textlaxed end are breaking off too..around the same time post.

Hahaha. So true! How long have you been transitioning?

claudia05

Officially one year post today! :woot:
Even though I only have 4 inches of newgrowth, it's 1 more than expected. I'll bc sometime this year but will be in twist or braids till next fall...

Ltown

Greyland
I'm 9 months post still hanging in there. I tried cornrows for 2 weeks wrap my hair everyday but it was frizzy as usual. I don't understand it I just can't keep them from frizzy with braids. I think most 3 type hair frizzy anyway. I can't rock the braidout/twistout so I guess I'll just to stick with the buns.

countrychickd

I'm 27 weeks post relaxer, and I'm really happy about my transition so far. I'm in kinky twists right now to help with this whole process, but all is well so far.

vivEz daNs lamouR

Well I'm no longer transitioning because I BC'd this morning! I was just getting too tired of trying to blend the textures, and with the heat, I didn't want to straighten for it curl up again.

If anyone needs help though, I'm still here to help!

countrychickd

Well I'm no longer transitioning because I BC'd this morning! I was just getting too tired of trying to blend the textures, and with the heat, I didn't want to straighten for it curl up again.

If anyone needs help though, I'm still here to help!

Girl, where are the pics? I would love to see your BC. I'm off to look. Congrats on BCing!