October 2007 Hits & Misses

HoneyDew

Yall know how we do!!! :grin::grin:

Energee

Love your siggy picture. I finally caught one of these threads before there were a billion responses....lol. I always seem to catch them when the month is nearly over.

Anyway--I absolutely love two Dominican products that I have recently started using:
Alter Ego Coconut Mask
and Capilo Sole and Cinnamon Conditioner

I never would have believed these products worked as well as people stated they did. Since they were so cheap (I'm used to buying Aveda so anything cheaper is always good especially if it works well) I said--what they heck and tried them. They are my regular DC's now...They are two of the best I've ever tried. I love my Terax Crema and will always use it but I will keep these in rotation as well.

HoneyDew

Love your siggy picture. I finally caught one of these threads before there were a billion responses....lol. I always seem to catch them when the month is nearly over.

Anyway--I absolutely love two Dominican products that I have recently started using:
Alter Ego Coconut Mask
and Capilo Sole and Cinnamon Conditioner

I never would have believed these products worked as well as people stated they did. Since they were so cheap (I'm used to buying Aveda so anything cheaper is always good especially if it works well) I said--what they heck and tried them. They are my regular DC's now...They are two of the best I've ever tried. I love my Terax Crema and will always use it but I will keep these in rotation as well.

Sometimes the cheap stuff is what it's at! My hair has been doing so well since I start exclusively using Lutrasilk Shea Butter and Olive Oil Cholesterol Conditioners for moisture. $3 a tub is the most expensive I've seen them.

I have a tube of Terax Crema in the PJ Closet. I might have to go ahead and try it one day.

schipperchow1

I've been mia...& these should have gone under Sept but I will list them here....

Hits: La Bella Lots of Curls Extra Hold Styling Gel was a huge hit & will probably become a staple. I bought LA Looks curl Gel to try this month to see if there is any comparison & to see which works best!!

Aussie conditioners...Moist, Wave, & 3 minute miracle smooth

co washes

Windsy

My very first Hits & Misses post. Usually by the time I see these, they are too many pages to read.

Hit: JBCO mixed with Rosemary Oil.

HoneyDew

It's not even October yet.

Girl, you know we start it early! This one is actually late. October 1 is Monday and we normally would have had 5 pages on this thread by now. Everybody is busy now that school started, I guess.

Namilani

I was gonna post in September, but with those trillions of pages... Maybe we should start doing weekly hits and misses as opposed to the entire month? Anyway... I have a few since I've been slack posting:

HITS!
Baba de Caracol Rinse and Conditioner. I've never stretched beyond 8 weeks in my life (I'm now at 11 or so), and the fact that I could comb through my hair and experience very little hair loss means a lot! And $7.50 for a 16oz isn't bad! This was also my first time using a rinse. It made deep conditioning and shower combing easier. My hair was well-conditioned, soft, and pretty good-looking after my rollerset. Too bad I have to pay shipping, so I may not repurchase. It's comparable to Motions Moistureplus, IMO. Maybe a little better...

Lacio Lacio. So light, makes my hair sleek, and moisturizes! Too bad I'm almost 1/2 through it and I've only used it for two weeks. Not sure if I'll settle with it as my holy grail, but that does not take away from the results. If I could get a 32oz bottle I may be sold...

NEUTRAL!
Silicon Mix. Um... Not worth the raves, but not a miss like I initially thought. Once I blow-dried and flat-ironed (I know, two sins I commit sporadically :ohwell:), my 3-month post hair (brown roots and all) was shiny and pretty silky. If it doesn't sell on the Exchange Forum within the next few days, I'll keep it for emergencies.

Dudley's Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. Blah. That's the best way for me to describe this over-priced stuff. As stated before, if no one buys mine on the Exchange Forum, I will keep it while I'm on my own "Use It Up Challenge". But $15 for 8oz of conditioner and $12 for poo when I could've ordered something Dominican or got some Motions... Yeah, I'm not too pleased. It was still decent, though. Just bitter over the price.

Misses!
Miss Keys 10 en 1. Is this souped up cholesterol??!! UGH! It didn't even work as a pre-poo! Um, I can use a TRILLION other conditioners $5 or less if I want something that can't even work well as a pre-poo! Dry, tangle-city!!

Now after trying my Dudley's Hair Mud Mask Treatment, I'm through DEFINITELY through the rest of 2007!

gimbap

Misses!
Miss Keys 10 en 1. Is this souped up cholesterol??!! UGH! It didn't even work as a pre-poo! Um, I can use a TRILLION other conditioners $5 or less if I want something that can't even work well as a pre-poo! Dry, tangle-city!!

UGH! I hated this stuff too!! :mad: :mob:

Namilani

UGH! I hated this stuff too!! :mad: :mob:

I was getting ready to say: "Oooh! I'm glad!" I'm really not, cuz God only knows what the crap did to your hair, too! But I am glad I'm not alone. I should've known when I looked at the texture before using it! And what the heck are the 10 things in that 1 crappy conditioner?!

Bint Yusef

Yes Miss Key is more like Mr Key because it wasnt what I expected and it doesnt work well.

I have not tried any new products

Glitter

Hits:

1. Sunsilk anti-frizz (the green one) leave in. Very nice for wash and go styles.
2. Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
3. Aubrewy Organics GPB - very nice light protein.

Neutral:
Silicon Mix - I actually liked Miss Key 10 en 1 better!! Silicon Mix does an okay job but it sorta has a waxy feeling to it. I would buy it again if I can't find anything else.

HoneyDew

I have heard from others that Miss Key does not work well on it's own. Some have gotten better results after mixing it with something like Silicon Mix and/or Emergencia.

yourleoqueen

Hits:
Aphogee ProVitamin Leave-In Con:love:
Castor Oil (don't remember if I listed this last month)
Suave Professionals Humectant Con
Tresemme 2 in 1 Poo
Tresemme Remoisturize Con

Revisited Hit:
Africa's Best Organics Leave-in Liquid Hair Mayo

clever

hits:
sunsilk anti-esponja leave in
aveda anti-humidity
ors mayo
infusium 3 minute treatment

misses:none:lick:

ItsyBitsy

HIT:
NTM Silk Touch Leave-In on dry hair for daily moisture
Fermodyl 619

Miss: Giovanni 50:50 balanced shampoo :nono:

Last edited:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Hit: Pantene Hydrating Curls Conditioner--the detangling and slip are great!!

I had that product in my hand today when I went to Giant. I put it back because I need to use up what I already have. :look:

Trying to keep the PJ under control. :ohwell:

nisha2004

Hit: La Bomba Shampoo, Miss Key's 10 en 1 everything (poo, dc, rinse), Cinnamon oil

Misses: none as of yet.

20perlz

I'm probably the last person to try this... :rolleyes:

Hit: Lacio Lacio! :yep:

I thought I was :drunk:

Hits: Lacio Lacio, Pantene Moisture Mask, Silk Amino, ORS Mayo (again), Aubrey Organics-Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner

Neutrals: Silicon Mix

Misses: No TOTAL misses yet

LABETT

HITS
Seven Wonder Miracle Oil-great as a pre-poo and sealing ends,lots of moisture

Vo5 Spa-Water Lily & Sea Botanicals-smells like a garden great slip

Coconut Oil

Continued Hit Frederic Fekkai Apple Cider Clearing Rinse

MISSES
None

Last edited:

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Hit: Vatika Frosting from Hairveda

Revisited hit: ORS Rep. Packs, I hate the smell but my hair loves this as a pre-poo dc

No misses

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
This is my first hit or miss reply :woot: Like a few other ladies, by the time I see them, they already have 2000 pages :lol:

Hits: CON (green) shampoo, Sunsilk Hydra TLC leave in cream and V05 Moisture Milks conditioner :love3: all three of these are now staples in my regimen :love:

Misses: Herbal Essense Replinshing Conditioner with Jojoba and Rose Hips. No slip, a little moisture, did nothing for me :down:

Brownie518

:grin: I know that in the coming month, these will be my continued hits:

ORS Replenishing (bottle)
ORS Hair Mayo
Castor Oil
Sweet Almond Butter
Aveda Brilliant conditioner
Aveda Damage Control
Redken Deep Fuel
Fermodyl 619 dumped into a spray bottle
:infatuated: I love them all!! They have really helped me over a dry hump!!! And I mean that literally.