No Buy Challenge feb09-mar09

suburbanbushbabe

I'm so suggestible, I bought one conditioner. That is it, no more. I'm ignoring all sales going on. Instead I used a gift card and got an MP3 player so I could listen to audiobooks.

LaReyna756

I already failed the challenge.:sad:

Saw a Family Size bottle of Suave 'Citrus Smoothie' Conditioner on clearance for 50 cents.

Just couldn't pass up that co-washing experience...:look:

I mean..IT WAS 50 CENTS!! I put the bottle in my hand, then thought about all the other conditioners i have YET to use up then put the bottle back down..

Went down an aisle, came back and started sniffing the bottle like a crackhead...put the bottle in my cart and said fcuk it.

IT WAS 50 CENTS!!:ohwell::look:

You didn't fail. This can't count. It was 50 cents! And the family size too...

LaReyna756

I had not been shopping for hair products since the end of October. I was trying to go as long as possible. This week, I bought some discontinued items at Kroger, breaking a 3 month stretch.

I don't think I will be able to join you ladies on this challenge, but good luck to you all. You can do it!

ShaniKeys

It's getting a bit tough with the 'Hated it? Dump your products on me' thread, but I'm hanging in there;) 5 days clean:)

La Colocha

It's getting a bit tough with the 'Hated it? Dump your products on me' thread, but I'm hanging in there;) 5 days clean:)

I love that thread i got rid of some products there. That was a very good idea. There are some tempting things in there. Im going to get you shani, i saw you post about the new komaza line. I went to their site and thank god they did not have samples. I would have been a goner:lachen:.

La Colocha

I'm so suggestible, I bought one conditioner. That is it, no more. I'm ignoring all sales going on. Instead I used a gift card and got an MP3 player so I could listen to audiobooks.

I love audio books. They are so much more exciting than reading a book. You can actually hear and imagine whats going on.

La Colocha

I am fienin so strong right now. I should not want to be buying hair products at 4 in the morning. I have a sickness:wallbash:. I don't need anything. I just want something. This is so hard but it has to be done. Im going through withdrawl. I have 24 hour walgreens a block away from me. I see the lights out of my window. Its beconing me, the lights are so pretty:lachen:. Must stay away from the window.

ShaniKeys

I love that thread i got rid of some products there. That was a very good idea. There are some tempting things in there. Im going to get you shani, i saw you post about the new komaza line. I went to their site and thank god they did not have samples. I would have been a goner:lachen:.

I got rid of some products too:yep: But indeed, very tempting. Someone is offering a product from the Organix line, but I managed to stay away. I'm sorry about the Komaza line, although I'm not going to buy anything till august I'm trying to stay informed on all these products cause as soon as my challenge is over...:auto::auto::auto:

I am fienin so strong right now. I should not want to be buying hair products at 4 in the morning. I have a sickness:wallbash:. I don't need anything. I just want something. This is so hard but it has to be done. Im going through withdrawl. I have 24 hour walgreens a block away from me. I see the lights out of my window. Its beconing me, the lights are so pretty:lachen:. Must stay away from the window.

Breathe in and out. Breathe in and out. Go take another look at all the products you already have, you do not need to buy a new one before you've used up the others. Letting the price stay on it also makes you believe that you just bought it:look: Be Colocha, YES WE CAN:grin:

Nya33

Ok I should really do an inventory on stuff i use regularly!

I'm about to do a deep condition and i have just about run out of my ORS replenishing bottle! :wallbash:

I have other deep conditoners that i HAVE to use but its killing me.

Is it me or do the days seem to be really long especially since i have to wait until March to buy my products! :lachen:

La Colocha

I got rid of some products too:yep: But indeed, very tempting. Someone is offering a product from the Organix line, but I managed to stay away. I'm sorry about the Komaza line, although I'm not going to buy anything till august I'm trying to stay informed on all these products cause as soon as my challenge is over...:auto::auto::auto:

Breathe in and out. Breathe in and out. Go take another look at all the products you already have, you do not need to buy a new one before you've used up the others. Letting the price stay on it also makes you believe that you just bought it:look: Be Colocha, YES WE CAN:grin:

That's ok im glad that i saw it. I never knew that they had a new line. I had tried some of their other stuff before and i didn't like it. If afroveda doesn't work out i will try that AFTER the challange. I am looking for a staple line. I think the fienin started when my mom called me earlier, she wanted to know if i knew anything about carols daughter. Her friend gave her the sample of the loc butter and she loves it. She has locs. I thought i would be safe because im not interested in carols daughter. So i went online to see how much a gift pack would be for her and thats when it hit me. I saw the healthy hair butter and my mouth started watering, then i started thinking of other products. I can do this yes i can:look:. You gave me a good idea im going to go through my products again to see what i can get rid of. Thanks shani for the support. You stay strong too. I commend you for going until august it takes great strength and determination.

La Colocha

Ok I should really do an inventory on stuff i use regularly!

I'm about to do a deep condition and i have just about run out of my ORS replenishing bottle! :wallbash:

I have other deep conditoners that i HAVE to use but its killing me.

Is it me or do the days seem to be really long especially since i have to wait until March to buy my products! :lachen:

Hi nya you are an early riser also. I know its rough i saw a thread about ors and alot of ladies like it. The days do seem long but this month is a few days short. feb 28 at midnight will be march first. Hold on we are going to make it. What other deep conditioners do you have? Do you use them often? Pick one out of your stash you may like it better.

Nya33

Hi nya you are an early riser also. I know its rough i saw a thread about ors and alot of ladies like it. The days do seem long but this month is a few days short. feb 28 at midnight will be march first. Hold on we are going to make it. What other deep conditioners do you have? Do you use them often? Pick one out of your stash you may like it better.

Early bird, thats me but tomorrow i am sleeping in!

Gosh i just had a look , i have Pantene r&n mask, UBH deep conditioner, Olive oil steaming deep condition treatment, Inecto Coconut oil hair treatment mask, Osmo Essence Deep moisturising conditioning (1 litre!) and not really a deep conditioner Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor. I alternate, with the UBH but i suppose i should use the rest as my hair didn't seem to mind.

So i know i have plenty but i really want my ORS, lol.

If i can do this then i can work on my toiletries as i have too many there!

Thanks for the support and roll on 28th Feb!

ShaniKeys

Thanks shani for the support. You stay strong too. I commend you for going until august it takes great strength and determination.

Thanks Colocha. I really hope I'll be able to hold on till august, being a pj and all:look: but I bought so many products that I need to use, I don't even think I'll use them all up by august.

La Colocha

I found an Ulta coupon that expires tomorrow. Me want to go!!! :wallbash:

Shan you have to be strong. Alta has sales and coupons all the time just hold on, we are in this together trust me i had a moment this morning and it passed. This too shall pass.

La Colocha

Last night i had a dream of jamaican black castor oil. Never used it not interested in it. Why did i wake up looking for a jar that is not here. I am sick:perplexed.

naturalness

So far I am doing good. I am just using the products that I already own. It is hard not buying anything, but I am proud of myself because a couple months ago I would not last not even a couple of days on this challenge.

La Colocha

So far I am doing good. I am just using the products that I already own. It is hard not buying anything, but I am proud of myself because a couple months ago I would not last not even a couple of days on this challenge.

Im proud of you too natural. Its hard but we are going to save money, and hopefully find some staples. Good luck and stay strong.

LivingDol1

*sigh*

i'm out. i broke the rules. i just went bat crazy today and walked into a rickys. i walked out with a boar bristle brush for smoothing my wrap sets, NTM daily deep conditioner, and a more powerful and updated but much needed bonnet dryer. ionic. 800 watts as opposed to my sad old 350W gold n hot, which will hopefully cut down on my drying time. i really really needed it.... i swear.

yep. i have no will power. i just explode.

good luck to the rest of you ladies though!!!

La Colocha

*sigh*

i'm out. i broke the rules. i just went bat crazy today and walked into a rickys. i walked out with a boar bristle brush for smoothing my wrap sets, NTM daily deep conditioner, and a more powerful and updated but much needed bonnet dryer. ionic. 800 watts as opposed to my sad old 350W gold n hot, which will hopefully cut down on my drying time. i really really needed it.... i swear.

yep. i have no will power. i just explode.

good luck to the rest of you ladies though!!!

Aww girl im sorry, thank you for joining maybe next time huh. Come back to cheer us on. We need all the help we can get.

Junebug D

I'm out. :look: I went into ULTA for the first time ever "just to browse"... and I couldn't resist buying something. :wallbash: Good luck to everyone else though! :spinning: Have more control than I do! :grin:

supermodelsonya

Well I'm buying Megatek...ONLY because I am fresh out. I placed the order a few days ago and am waiting.

But so far, so good! I hope you will continue this challenge for next month. Sign me up!

natstar

So.. I just found out the I can get jesicurl weekly deep conditioner gallon for 30% off. I def. can't pass this up so I will have to bow out of this challenge.

La Colocha

Well I'm buying Megatek...ONLY because I am fresh out. I placed the order a few days ago and am waiting.

But so far, so good! I hope you will continue this challenge for next month. Sign me up!

I just might keep going but im thinking of doing a weekly challenge sort of like a budgeting challenge for haircare products and supplies. Im really thinking about it. I sure will let you know if i start this. This cold turkey month is just gonna make me want to buy alot of stuff at the end of this challenge. I think maybe a weekly budget challenge is the way to go.

MizzBrown

Failed again..:perplexed:

Went to an out of town Walmart and gasped when i found the Eden Body Works line.:blush:

Only a couple bottles left. I snatched up some Peppermint Conditioner and was pissed they didnt have the hair milks left.

Kay.Dee

Failed again..:perplexed:

Went to an out of town Walmart and gasped when i found the Eden Body Works line.:blush:

Only a couple bottles left. I snatched up some Peppermint Conditioner and was pissed they didnt have the hair milks left.
I've been looking for this and can't find it!

But I failed too
I went to walgreens and peeked in the hair isle. The had a 16oz bottle of Carefree Curl on clearance for $1 and some change. I go through curl activator like no one's business so I bought it even though I haven't finished my bottle of s curl yet.

But I love the avocado and babassu butters I finally got last week. I'd ordered in the middle of Jan and finally got them. It helped keep me away from other purchases until I saw the Carefree Curl.

But I'd still like to be in the challenge

Last edited: