The person with the longest hair in my family is _______________ length.

The person with the longest hair in my family is ___________ length.

• Ear

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Neck

Votes: 10 1.1%
  • Chin

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Shoulder

Votes: 127 14.0%
  • Armpit

Votes: 166 18.3%
  • Bra Strap

Votes: 192 21.2%
  • Mid Back

Votes: 156 17.2%
  • Waist

Votes: 148 16.4%
  • Tail Bone

Votes: 72 8.0%
  • Beyond Tail Bone

Votes: 31 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IAOJ

The longest hair in my family is knee length. My dad has had dreads all my life and has to cut them to keep them from going to the floor.

aprilsgem

my cousin who is about 6'4 keeps her hair cut to about BSL but when she was in school had pigtails so long that she would sit on them...

Trace

My mom hair is between bra strap and mid back length. I come in at a close second at BSL when pressed/flat ironed. My hair was long as a little girl, but I remember cutting all my hair off during the jerry curl era. Y'all remember that? :spinning:

Trace

Wow, I don't know how I forgot about my great grand mother, who I was told, could sit on her hair. Long hair runs on my mother's side of the family.

facets

MBL on my mom's side and Tailbone on father's side. There's a scissor-happy tendency on mom's side as well, so I don't know what would be if left to grow.

I have quite a few cousins with WL hair (4 that I can think of off the top of my head). My grandmother and her sister had MBL. And my great grandmother of both sides had WL hair. They used to roll it in buns on each side of their heads. I never really thougth about this before now! And when I was a child, I had WL hair - my mom used to press my hair.

carib_n_curly

RIGHT NOW I HAVE THE LONGEST HAIR IN MY FAMIL ALP. in the past my mum had BSL hair along with me and my sister has WL hair but all of our hair broke off.i'm getting close to BSL though and my sister that just BC should be APL in a few months and i'm trying to get my mums hair that also BC back to APL.

to think eveyone in my family that had more than BSl hair are mainly SL or APL but it was from too much heat and relaxer abuse and alot of them BCed to this tim next next my family should have some MBL and BSLers

ParvaniVida

My brother has the longest hair in the family! He's had dreads for about 5 years and they are probably down to his midback. It's not fair...he got dimples and fast growing hair!!!

That's all right though...I'm learning how to care for my hair and I'll have midback length one day...maybe a year (or two) from now!

Anew

Right now me, and I'm not talking past 2nd cousins. The women in my family just choose really short cuts.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
At one point my mom and all of my aunts have had long hair. Their hair was so long my grandma refused to do it herself. She sent them to the hairdresser. My mom's hair was midback at its longest. Right now my niece, 8 years old, is brastrap length.

Forever in Bloom

My big sister :grin: She has always had long hair. When I took this picture, she was bra strap length, she's now mbl. I think she prefers bsl because she can't stand it getting too long and will chop chop chop. Meanwhile, I'm crawling across the floor like a scavenger looking for scraps :lachen:

ETA: She's natural by the way (3b) and flat irons her hair every 2 weeks :yep: Never had a problem with her hair texture changing.

Attachments

• angiespic.jpg
    angiespic.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 36

Filmatic

Now me(close to BSL), was my mother. She's had WL twice in her life but for some reason she likes it short. So does the rest of my family, my cousins, sister and me have all had BSL hair before the weave epidemic.

mrs.shakira

That would be my sister, her hair has always been long. In a ponytail it almost touches her butt. No matter how many times she cuts it; it grows longer. This is her regime. She uses lady velvet perms. Never used hair dye or gel. She uses cheap products and gets random trims. Sulfur 8 and pink oil is all I see her use. Oh, and she rarely washes her hair.

gabulldawg

i don't think i ever posted in this thread. If you are talking about immediate family, I have the longest hair out of my family (Currently APL). Extended family is a whole 'nother story! :lol: I have a few aunts with BSL hair and a couple of cousin with BSL hair. I guess long hair runs in my family with proper hair care.

mariofmagdal

I have a cousin with tailbone length. Her mom has it too, however, she keeps hers bunned. This would be my moms sis and her daughter.

Jaxhair

In my immediate family right now, I'd say me and it's only 4-5 inches, sigh. My siblings all cut their hair short for a new start yet no one is as obsessed with hair as I am at the moment. We have very coarse brittle kinky hair and I've just started understanding that we actually can grow healthy, long hair if we give it appropriate care. Extended familywise, I'd say my aunts and cousins (MBL). They could do better but then again ignorance intervenes and without care the hair looks thin and fly away and breaks then is cut short for a new start - vivious cycle!! I hope I can lead by example and they'll all join me in healthy haircare soon - trying to encourage my sisters but they are too busy doing other things, lol! Geting my 4bz hair looking lush will be gospel that our hair type can be grown long, strong and healthy in it's natural kinky state so I cannot fail, lol!

I'll vote NL.....

trj1922

It is hard to tell because she is always bunned, but my grandmother was probably about mid-back before my uncle gave her a trim that she still hasn't forgiven him for. LOL She's probably the longest right now.

I don't see a lot of my family members on a regular basis but if they grow it out, many do seem to get hair somewhere between BSL and WL. Some of my g-ma's sisters who are now dead had tons of hair.

LovingLengths

My step sister has the longest hair in my family and she is only 15... She has never had a relaxer and is almost midback length....