Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2009 pt.2

La Colocha

hey guys......i've found you lol

ok who is Lita?

i would not get bkt because of all the flat rioning and the fumes scare me. im not even a fan of straight hair anymore although i know pretty when i see it and fabs hair was very beautiful.

hmmmmm what have i learned?
my hair is addicted to anything with shea butter and coconut oil
my hair DOES like olive oil(it used to make my hair hard)
i love making and mixing butters and deep conditioners
and it seems my hair grows about an inch per month(this makes me happy lol)

She is the queen of ets:giggle:y. She has tried a many of vendor on etsy, she always finds the best stuff.

La Colocha

I got my afroveda today, yay *clicks heels*. The packaging is different, i love the flip tops. Im going to use some shea amala butter cream today.

Um why didn't anyone tell me the shea amla doesn't smell the same. Where is the frankensence and myrrh.

Last edited:

chebaby

La, what does your shea amla smell like? my shea amla sample smells like franke whatever lol.

so does this lita have a youtube page or where does she do her reviews.

La Colocha

La, what does your shea amla smell like? my shea amla sample smells like franke whatever lol.

so does this lita have a youtube page or where does she do her reviews.

Girl it smells like nothing:ohwell:. When i tried it before it smelled so good. Im disapointed. You know how you have your mouth set on a certain food and it tastes nasty. Im looking at the jar like:perplexed. Oh well. I guess ill use it.

And no she does not have a youtube but she needs one.:yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
What are yall ladies thoughts about BKT :look:

This is Me Rolling My Eyes At this Post:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I read this "Non Sense" while I was at work and Couldn't WAIT to Get Home to Answer this.:huh:

So, Here is my Answer to YOU, Specifically For YOU::swearing:

You are always so mindful of the products not having "cones" parabens, SLS, Petroleum etc...going green and eating healthy and all that "other stuff you do":rolleyes::look: Wheat Grass on a Tofu Cracker.:lachen:

And then you turn around and Talk About Coating Your Hair with: FORMALDEHYDE!:blush:

And Wearing a Mask to Apply! PUHLEEZE

Girl, If You Don't Hursh Up and Go Somewhere and Sit Down!:bricks:

Don't make me have to Drive to MD and Beat You Down to the Ground.:bat:

panamoni

What have I learned about my hair???
I'm still learning, but:
- My hair likes JBCO
- Products that my new growth may like and my relaxed hair may like could be different
- My hair likes Joico
- Mineral oil has a noticible effect on my hair, and it's something I need to observe closely from now on (in the future, this may change to my hair doesn't like a lot of MO...we'll see)
- Life's not over if I wear a bun. It can actually be nice and classy to wear a bun and I don't have to wear my hair down everyday.
...more to come in the future.

Charz

Sinister Minister

I read this "Non Sense" while I was at work and Couldn't WAIT to Get Home to Answer this.:huh:

You are always so mindful of the products not having "cones" parabens, SLS, Petroleum etc...going green and eating healthy and all that "other stuff you do":rolleyes::look: Wheat Grass on a Tofu Cracker.:lachen:

And then you turn around and Talk About Coating Your Hair with: FORMALDEHYDE!:blush:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
I know....her hair looked too good tho!

La Colocha

Ohh my gawwd *dead*:lachen:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I agree!

*Luckily I already bought my FHI Runway and Sedu 4000i, Pibbs 514 and Steamer and many of the products I already wanted. I'm gonna look real good this round about not spending money, real good*

:sekret:PUSHA! Don't be coming up in here trying to White Out Your Stuff. I bolded it and read every word.

SO BUSTED!:nono:

While Lurking at work, I said: SHEEESH!

It's not even on Page 2 and Da' PUSHA:sekret: is Already talking about Feeding Her Addiction.

Can We All Just Stick on the Topic Of this Challenge for Part 2 This Time ! PLEASE????:rolleyes:

Now What Are Ya'll Using Up?:look:

La Colocha

Ladies , im done with buying products for the year. Im waiting on one more package but im not going to order from shescentit. Im done. starting today:look:. I have enough things, my winter stash is completed *sighs*.

iNicola

Hmmm...I wonder what was going through your mind when I told you that I might BKT to stretch my relaxers sometime in the future?:rolleyes::grin:

I've learned that:

there is still alot to learn about my hair, LOL
wet bunning is not for me.
my hair seems softer when I blow dry on cool (alternate with warm)
my hair also doesn't mind cones
my hair likes cowashing
my hair loves steam DC

La Colocha

:sekret:PUSHA! Don't be coming up in here trying to White Out Your Stuff. I bolded it and read every word.

SO BUSTED!:nono:

While Lurking at work, I said: SHEEESH!

It's not even on Page 2 and Da' PUSHA:sekret: is Already talking about Feeding Her Addiction.

Can We All Just Stick on the Topic Of this Challenge for Part 2 This Time ! PLEASE????:rolleyes:

Now What Are Ya'll Using Up?:look:

Your killing me ova here:lachen::lachen:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
All I really know at this point is that I am avoiding air-drying like the black plague.

Okay: So.....WHY The Plague Gotta Be BLACK:rolleyes::blush::lachen:

Anyway......................:look:

My Hair Thrives On:

Co-Washing
Weekly Reconstructors
Weekly DC'ing Treatments with Heat
And A Good Leave-In Treatment

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hmmm...I wonder what was going through your mind when I told you that I might BKT to stretch my relaxers sometime in the future?:rolleyes::grin:

I've learned that:

there is still alot to learn about my hair, LOL
wet bunning is not for me.
my hair seems softer when I blow dry on cool (alternate with warm)
my hair also doesn't mind cones
my hair likes cowashing
my hair loves steam DC

Not That!:look: Trust Me.:yep:

She is the one that can't use anything on her Hair unless it is 100% Natural etc.....and everything is caricogenic (sp) I know I tore that word up. (Didn't want to take the time to look it up)

Anyway, I've never heard you say that. And I've never Specifically Heard you Say: You had an Aversion to Using Certain Products.:look:

And I don't condemn anyone who would want to try it. Provided your hair is in tip top shape and you don't abuse it. There are Horror Stories out there too you know.:sad:

That was Just My Answer to Little Ms. "Go Green."

I Love Her tho'.:giggle:

iNicola

Not That!:look: Trust Me.:yep:

She is the one that can't use anything on her Hair unless it is 100% Natural etc.....and everything is caricogenic (sp) I know I tore that word up. (Didn't want to take the time to look it up)

Anyway, I've never heard you say that. And I've never Specifically Heard you Say: You had an Aversion to Using Certain Products.:look:

And I don't condemn anyone who would want to try it. Provided your hair is in tip top shape and you don't abuse it. There are Horror Stories out there too you know.:sad:

That was Just My Answer to Little Ms. "Go Green."

I Love Her tho'.:giggle:
Ahhh ok, I got you.

Do know that I was only messing with you though. :giggle:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
What I've learned:
My hair loves conditioner (dc's & cowashing)
My hair loves steam
My hair loves protein
My hair loves grease
My hair will tell me when it does not like something with a quickness :nono:
My hair bounces back quick
My hair does better with less manipulation
I need to detangle thoroughly at least 2x/wk
My edges need to be handled very very carefully
Although I'm at the beginning of my transition I need to treat my hair as if it is natural

Charz

Sinister Minister
I could never BKT, my mother will kill me!
But yah, its against everything I stand for.

*hang heads in shame*

LOL!!!

chebaby

ok ladies im planning on going to an event on friday but i have these cornrows in my hair. should i just keep the cornrows in and wear this cute dress i have that has a hood on it? or should i wear a braid out on friday and saturday and then on sunday do my hair over?