Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2009 pt.2

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Che--ITA with everyone else. I say do a braidout.

Okay my stuff is here from Lotioncrafters. I will try not to be too lazy and actually mix up some stuff.

chebaby

thanx ladies. braid out it is. La, i did just 7 big cornrows going start back. im probably going to pick out the roots so it can be as big as i can get it.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Oh yeah I finished one of my Step 1 jars of Methi Sativa. I opened it up and I was looking around like "OMG something stanks". Forgetting that mess stinks :giggle:!

Brownie518

Oh yeah I finished one of my Step 1 jars of Methi Sativa. I opened it up and I was looking around like "OMG something stanks". Forgetting that mess stinks :giggle:!

I see you said 'one of my Step 1 jars.' So, I take it you like it? I haven't read a review on this yet.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I see you said 'one of my Step 1 jars.' So, I take it you like it? I haven't read a review on this yet.

I never buy one of anything from Hairveda :lachen:. I do like it. I alternate it with Komaza's Protein Strengthener. Step 1 stanks, is sloppy, is messy, and I hate the consistency. Step 2 smells :lick:. My hair feels soft, strong, and for some reason thiiiiiiiiick after this treatment. I experience HIH syndrome every time I use it. It's just what I needed last night bc I was really hating my hair yesterday.

Brownie518

I never buy one of anything from Hairveda :lachen:. I do like it. I alternate it with Komaza's Protein Strengthener. Step 1 stanks, is sloppy, is messy, and I hate the consistency. Step 2 smells :lick:. My hair feels soft, strong, and for some reason thiiiiiiiiick after this treatment. I experience HIH syndrome every time I use it. It's just what I needed last night bc I was really hating my hair yesterday.

:lachen:I kinda suspected the bolded!! :look:
I have the Komaza Protein Strengthener, too, which I really like. Maybe I'll have to try the Methi out, too. Thanks, Shay.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Still have my eye on which products (if any) are closer to using up this week.

As I am mapping out my Friday wash week.:yep:

I think I will either Co-Wash: with Millcreek Keratin, Jason Biotin or SE Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner. (as 3 of those are almost gone). I will try to use 1 of these per week until they are gone.

Reconstructors: I have Millennia Mud, Giovanni Nutra-Fix almost gone. I have a Bain 'de Terre Reconstructor that was delivered "damaged" and I didn't send it back (I actually didn't notice it). So, I will use these 3 Weekly until they were gone.

Deep Conditioners: I have AE Garlic, Keratase Oleo Relax, L'anza, AO Stuff, HSP, Butter Treat & All Soft all open, I will rotate these until gone. Then I will start on SheScentIt (since La reminded me of Shelf-Life) and finally open my Sitrinillah and begin to use that up.

Leave-In: I have several currently opened. Not as "pressed" to use these up immediately.

Same with the Butters, Greases and Daily Moisturizers as these will be used Daily for "Maintenance":yep:

Oils: You All know I've been determined to get on these.

But all the things I've named, I've decided I am going to put them on Strict Rotation and get them ALL outta the way.

I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Many Other Wonderful Products in Stashville I want to try. So, I am going on Use Up Mode Weekly.:look:

Ladies....I am So Ready to use up these items.

What do you have that you are in the process of getting rid of (by using up)

Last edited:

Brownie518

I'm almost finished with my Njoi Creations Herbal Hairdress. I got the sample size and I will definitely be getting the 8oz this time! That will last a while. Last week, I finished a bottle of Shescentit Jojoba hair serum but I have one more of those. I'll get more when she has a sale.
I have an unopened bottle of HSH Soy TriWheat leave in that I need to open and use, unless anyone wants it.

chebaby

im meeting up with a member this weekend and i am giving her DB coils jelly and shes giving me wheat germ oil.
i heard wheat germ oil is the bomb dot com and i cant wait to add it into my conditioners.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
i heard wheat germ oil is the bomb dot com and i cant wait to add it into my conditioners.

That's What I did My First HOT with. It was Nice. I think this week, I will use the Organic Soy.:yep: I have got to remember. I think once I do it again, it will be a no-brainer part of my Winter Reggie.

Ya'll Please remind me Thursday:blush:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Last week, I finished a bottle of Shescentit Jojoba hair serum but I have one more of those. I'll get more when she has a sale.

WOW! Brownie! I didn't Know SSI had a Serum?:perplexed I may have to try it out. I only look at her Conditioners.

Thanks for the Tip.:yep:

La Colocha

Still have my eye on which products (if any) are closer to using up this week.

As I am mapping out my Friday wash week.:yep:

I think I will either Co-Wash: with Millcreek Keratin, Jason Biotin or SE Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner. (as 3 of those are almost gone). I will try to use 1 of these per week until they are gone.

Reconstructors: I have Millennia Mud, Giovanni Nutra-Fix almost gone. I have a Bain 'de Terre Reconstructor that was delivered "damaged" and I didn't send it back (I actually didn't notice it). So, I will use these 3 Weekly until they were gone.

Deep Conditioners: I have AE Garlic, Keratase Oleo Relax, L'anza, AO Stuff, HSP, Butter Treat & All Soft all open, I will rotate these until gone. Then I will start on SheScentIt (since La reminded me of Shelf-Life) and finally open my Sitrinillah and begin to use that up.

Leave-In: I have several currently opened. Not as "pressed" to use these up immediately.

Same with the Butters, Greases and Daily Moisturizers as these will be used Daily for "Maintenance":yep:

Oils: You All know I've been determined to get on these.

But all the things I've named, I've decided I am going to put them on Strict Rotation and get them ALL outta the way.

I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Many Other Wonderful Products in Stashville I want to try. So, I am going on Use Up Mode Weekly.:look:

Ladies....I am So Ready to use up these items.

What do you have that you are in the process of getting rid of (by using up)

Good morning ladies, i have a sample of califa leave in that i did not use last night, that is almost gone, i will use that tonight. A sample of califa cream that is at the bottom so im going to try and finish that this week. I have the komaza olive dc sample that is about half gone, i will use some of that tonight mixed with avocado butter for a dc. Every thing else i have open is about 75% full or full to the top. But these 3 samples im going to try to use up by friday.:yep:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Well I am hoping to use up one of these HE Hydralicious this week. I'm thinking the Afroveda Neem 3+ will be used up this week also. HE is not a repurchase. Neem 3+ will be a repurchase. At this rate the Hairveda WBC will last probably at least another month. That's one of those that even though I apply it in sections it still lasts forever. There's still stuff I need to try so I'm not necessarily focused on using up but making decisions for my restocking. I still need to try Giovanni Nutrafix, Alba Leave In, Komaza's Shea Butter Lotion, and Darcy's Transitioning Creme. I still have CD's Hair Milk but since I decided I am not going to purchase her line anymore it is on the "use up" instead of "try" list. Oh yeah I used my mowrah butter sample. The consistency was like a thin, liquidy pudding. It was kind of greasy to me so I won't purchase a larger size of this.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
It Looks Like we are All Still Doing a Great Job identifying what we will or will not be re-purchasing.

This where actually using stuff up comes into play.:look:

As long as you still have it sitting: There is always a chance, because you are like: hmmm????

Not Sure if I really like You or Not?:dizzy:

So, there could always be a "possible" chance of re-purchasing because it is just sitting.

But once it's gone or near gone, you are able to make a Valid, Informed, Product Driven decision.:brainy:

Good Job Ladies!:thumbsup:

panamoni

Hi Ladies, I almost decided to hide my new purchases from you guys when there was nothing to replace it with, but then I remembered who I was dealing with...no offense ladies.

Yesterday, I bought two samples of the Qhemet moisturizers (olive and the one under that). What I may do is give away something or try to sell something. I see none of you are intersted in the Almond Glaze...what about NTM Silk Touch leave-in? I don't like that either. I guess I'll go to the exchange forum. I may give my mom the rest of the ORS olive oil cream. I'll try to reduce as I expand somehow, but I'm not very motivated about trying to sell. I'll let you know how it goes. I know I'm going to go on a DC buying spree sometime soon.

Charz

Sinister Minister
I flat ironed the back of my head with my FHI Runway on 325 degrees. It got super straight in one pass!!!

Much more straight in way less passes and less heat then with using my Sedu with my relaxed hair.

But my ends are horrible, they felt like velcro! I would comb them out and a second later they were stuck back together! :(

I have not done a dusting/trim in the back, so its been almost a year before they have gotten cut. Do you think its because I need a trim, or something else?

chebaby

hey ladies, just wanted to bumb my fave thread.

i received a box from T today and now i cant wait to wash day. she sent me some abba, alba, macadamia butter and jojoba butter. im excited because the macadamia and jojoba butter have completely different textures than the other butters i have tried.

i also got an email saying my afrodetangler will ship tomorrow by usps so i hope i get it saturday. yaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!! im so happy.

ETA: i found a great way to keep my cornrows moisturized and refreshed. i rubbed some vatika frosting in my hands and smooth it on my hair and then hop in the shower and let the steam help the oil penetrate.

Aggie

Thank you for starting a new thread LC. I am also a part of this cahllenge as well so count me in.

In fact, I used up a sulfur 8 grease in my MN mix yesterday, and an Organics Olive Oil Shine hair Polish.

I just bought 2 - 33oz bottles of Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioners with a 20% off coupon code :yay: on www.naturallycurly.com. The coupon code is "SHOP" and it expires today ladies. So if you want anything from NC.com, go order it now before the code expires:yep:.

La Colocha

I flat ironed the back of my head with my FHI Runway on 325 degrees. It got super straight in one pass!!!

Much more straight in way less passes and less heat then with using my Sedu with my relaxed hair.

But my ends are horrible, they felt like velcro! I would comb them out and a second later they were stuck back together! :(

I have not done a dusting/trim in the back, so its been almost a year before they have gotten cut. Do you think its because I need a trim, or something else?

Its hard to really say charz, do you go to a salon for a trim or do you do your own? And was your ends stuck together like wrapped around each other?

Aggie

Charz, have you used any porosity control lately?

Another thing, are you using anything with glycerine in it? If so, what is the humidity like where you are?

If the humidity in your area is below 65% and you are using glycerine or other humectant like honeyquat, this could possibly be the issue as well.

I am just trying to figure out what could possibly be causing the "velcro" effect on your hair.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Well I've changed my mind about Nunulove Handmades. I really like the JuJu Mist after all. It smells like a good smelling tea and I realized it goes on easy and is not sticky. The poo did clean my hair so I will purchase both again. Also although I do like the Olive Butter from Crown Essentials I don't want to buy one product from someone. I will use it up and not repurchase.

Another thing I learned about my hair--it loves to be wet or at least damp.

chebaby

ITA with Shay, my hair loves to be wet too. im missing my puff like crazy. i never was a cornrow, braid, twists kind of girl. i like them on other naturals and i think its the best thing for me to do for the winter but i never did like them on me, even when i had long relaxed hair.
i should give my self a co wash and puff pass before it gets too cold. but then again at night here it is freezing, at least to me it is. i miss using my kbb hair cream. i cant use it as a moisturizer anymore because if the high glycerine amount in it. unless i use it as a leave in under a heavy butter or something. i really love that kbb cream. i was looking at my jar last night like "i really want to spread you on my hair man". i hope its still good by the time it gets warm again.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Oh yeah I need ya'll to help me decide what to reward myself with. I can either buy a prettywrap or two or a traincase for makeup which I will use to store my hair accessories. This is a reward for sticking with my healthy lifestyle challenge. I will weigh in tomorrow for the end of Session #1 but I've lost 6 lbs so far. I would have lost more if I actually exercised :look: but I will incorporate exercise this session. So which one should I get???? Whatever I don't get this time I will get next time.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Oh yeah I need ya'll to help me decide what to reward myself with. I can either buy a prettywrap or two or a traincase for makeup which I will use to store my hair accessories. This is a reward for sticking with my healthy lifestyle challenge. I will weigh in tomorrow for the end of Session #1 but I've lost 6 lbs so far. I would have lost more if I actually exercised :look: but I will incorporate exercise this session. So which one should I get???? Whatever I don't get this time I will get next time.

6lbs GOOD For You Shay!

That's Great and Far better than "Gaining 6":look:

I say: Get the Pretty Wraps. And when you wear them, think of me still waking up 4 or 5 times a night re-tying my scarf!:rolleyes:

Then next time the Train Cases.:grin:

Brownie518

:grin: Good for you, Shay!!!

La Colocha

Good job shay, and i would say the pretty wraps, and like t said a traincase the next time.

chebaby

@Shay, get the pretty wrap. i love mine, its worth it. and it comes pretty fast. i dont have to re-tie mine during the night and my hair stays moisturized.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Random Thoughts: I have stepped up on Applying my MT specifically concentrating on the Crown Area.

I will try to apply a small amount nightly to scalp only on a regular basis.:yep:

I will also try to make this a part of my fall/winter Reggie.:yep:

I will definitely Up my MT usage this Fall/Winter.