Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2009 pt.2

I think i put too much avocado butter in my dc mix, I will see when i rinse it out. I don't want my hair looking like greasy chittlins,:lachen:(t). I feel kind of alone not buying nothing for the rest of the year. I hope i can do it.:look: Hair products are my addiction. I might move on to books now, knowledge is power right?:ohwell:

Thanks for yalls help!
Its hard to really say charz, do you go to a salon for a trim or do you do your own? And was your ends stuck together like wrapped around each other?

I haven't done a trim in the back ever! So that would be Nov 2008 when I got my big cut! I trimmed some of my front though, because it felt kinda bad even while wet.

They kept on kinking up and wrapping together like velcro!

Charz, have you used any porosity control lately?

Another thing, are you using anything with glycerine in it? If so, what is the humidity like where you are?

If the humidity in your area is below 65% and you are using glycerine or other humectant like honeyquat, this could possibly be the issue as well.

I am just trying to figure out what could possibly be causing the "velcro" effect on your hair.

I have never used porosity control.......I just bought some Hairveda ACV Rinse, won't that be like the same then? Not sure...

I don't use glycerine because my hair hates it. I am not even sure what honeyquat is, I don't use honey either.

ok i think im going to take these braids out and wear a braid out tonorrow. i just need to see and feel my hair. i know i shouldnt because i need to get used to my hair being in braids and things but i just cant do it.

ok i think im going to take these braids out and wear a braid out tonorrow. i just need to see and feel my hair. i know i shouldnt because i need to get used to my hair being in braids and things but i just cant do it.

You miss your hair being out huh? My mom is trying to get me to get locs and im like no ma'am my colochas need to be free.:grin: My sis in law grew hip length locs in 6 years, its tempting but i like playing in my hair too much.

Thanks for yalls help!

I haven't done a trim in the back ever! So that would be Nov 2008 when I got my big cut! I trimmed some of my front though, because it felt kinda bad even while wet.

They kept on kinking up and wrapping together like velcro!

I have never used porosity control.......I just bought some Hairveda ACV Rinse, won't that be like the same then? Not sure...

I don't use glycerine because my hair hates it. I am not even sure what honeyquat is, I don't use honey either.

Yes, the ACV rinse works for porosity control.

(t). I feel kind of alone not buying nothing for the rest of the year. I hope i can do it.:look: Hair products are my addiction.

Girl....You Can So Do It! In Fact, We ALL Need to be doing it with you!:grin: If you make it through the first couple weeks, you will be good.

I Need to Follow Suit as well.:look:

I finished Afroveda's Neem 3+ tonight. I normally only try a product out 1-2 times but with my track record with her condishes I wanted to be sure. So I waited until I used the entire 8 oz bottle. This is definitely a keeper. I'm on the fence with her detangler. I will use it again on Friday and may make the final decision then.

I finally used my mixer for the first time tonight. I emptied Love, Peace, and Sunshine's Coconut Confidence & her Unrefined Shea Butter into a bowl and mixed it with Hairveda's Vatika Frosting :lick:. I will be trying this on Friday or Saturday. I can't wait.

Well.....tomorrow is October 1st and I really "Hate" to use the "S" :superman:Word...up in this Thread.....

but I wonder if SheScentIt will have an Anniversary Sale?:lovedrool:

Charz....:poke:what's the Scoop?

Well.....tomorrow is October 1st and I really "Hate" to use the "S" :superman:Word...up in this Thread.....

I personally think she is working on her bath and body works products that she plans on rolling out in October. She's kinda been slower at shipping so either she is working on new products, or stockpiling products for her sale.

I finally used my mixer for the first time tonight. I emptied Love, Peace, and Sunshine's Coconut Confidence & her Unrefined Shea Butter into a bowl and mixed it with Hairveda's Vatika Frosting :lick:. I will be trying this on Friday or Saturday. I can't wait.

Ooo Shay...That Sounds really good. Let me know how that works Friday & Saturday.:grin:

Vatika Frosting mixed with anything is probably wonderful.:lick:

And Good Job using up that 8 oz bottle and determining whether or not you liked it. That's Great.:up:

:look: Mala's (afroveda) New conditioner is coming out tommorrow. While we are on the subject:look:.

I'm getting excited about Doing My Hair this Weekend, although I'm using the corners, cracks and crevices of bottles and jars. And I found about 1 application of CD Khoret Amen Conditioner.:wallbash:

(I was looking for an empty jar and pulled it out and it still had product in it):rolleyes:

So.......I will Steam with that Friday night mixed with something else that is also almost gone.:rolleyes:

I feel like Mix 'N Match. But I gotta see this through and rid myself of a lot of bottles that are either half or almost empty. This will be my mission.

I got to be "successful" at something Ya'll.:look:

I am Determined to at least do this halfway right.

*slowly walks outta thread singing: we fall down but we get up, we fall down but we get up*

damn it T, you got me wanting to use that abba conditioner you sent me. man i cant wait to take these braids out. part of me want to leave them in but the other part is like LET THEM GO GIRL. man i dont know what to do. imma be mad if i go home tonight and take them out and have a nice *** braid out and then cant get second day hair. maaaaannnnnnnn i would be so angry lol.

oh and La, i put a bunch of avocado oil in a conditioner about a year ago and my hair was so greasy at first(not really greasy but heavy) but after a few days my hair satyed shiny and soft.

Good morning ladies, i used up my califa care leave in last night, I got 3 down, even though they are samples im using them up. I should recieve my shescentit samples today. Even if i like them i won't be ordering large sizes. I am determined to stay the road and reach my goals. I have a small amount of komaza olive dc left. I will use the rest of that up friday for a prepoo. Everyone keep up the good work.:yep:

LC--You're doing a great job with your blog. I like it a lot. You've got them scents down.

I airdried in 4 plaits last night. I will continue to do this because I bun every single day and I want to give my edges a break. Further into the transition I will do twist outs and finally use those caruso's and flexirods to do some rollersetting. I figure since I "wet" bun everyday I can put on a scarf for about 10-15 minutes in the morning before I head out. But then I'm starting to think do I really care about laying my edges down? Not really. Just like I really don't care about having straight hair anymore. I bought this $175 flat iron and haven't even used it yet. Well I might do a length check at the end of my challenges but maybe not. We'll see.

Man I had my cart all ready and I realized that I am going to wait till black Friday.

I love how her new conditioner doesn't have aloe vera juice in the first 15 ingredients.

I will be getting 4 jars of Ashlii Amala, 32 ounces of Prana and 32 ounces of Pur whipped Jelly during her Black Friday Sale.

I am proud of myself!

Char--You're messing up the plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nono:. You're supposed to try out the new conditioner so I know if I want to buy it on Black Friday or not. Well I guess I will see what my other fave youtube lady says. She will definitely be getting it.

Man I had my cart all ready and I realized that I am going to wait till black Friday.

I love how her new conditioner doesn't have aloe vera juice in the first 15 ingredients.

I will be getting 4 jars of Ashlii Amala, 32 ounces of Prana and 32 ounces of Pur whipped Jelly during her Black Friday Sale.

I am proud of myself!

I'm proud of you too :look:.

*Emailing BJ to cancel Hairveda Order*

*whistling while putting Prana Conditioner back in cart*

Hey Ms. Terri the FHI Runway is sold out on Folica! And that promo code is expired now~

Good thing we got ours first before I spread the good word! They must love me over there!

Last edited:
hi ladies
today was a bad day. im sooooo not in a good mood. i have been sick for the past two days because my lady friend came and then i did not get my check. this is the second time in a row that my check came late so it took everything in me not to show up to work late. because im usually that kind of gal lol. so i did a little shopping, not much. i just got the jane carter twist and lock, giovanni nutra fix(im almost out of the one T gave me and i love this stuff) and i also got some alba botanica capuacu deep moisturizing conditioner. this stuff only has a shelf life of six months so im thinking its probably worth the $10.

feel better!

I got my tracking number for my hairveda order last night. I cant wait to try the vatika frosting and cocasta oil. I hope I like it! I had a bad dream that vatika oil wasnt made for african american hair and I kept waking up during the middle of the night to make sure my hair was still on my head!

Ive been using amla oil and I LOVE it. it makes my hair feels soft and it smells nice!

hi ladies
today was a bad day. im sooooo not in a good mood. i have been sick for the past two days because my lady friend came and then i did not get my check. this is the second time in a row that my check came late so it took everything in me not to show up to work late. because im usually that kind of gal lol. so i did a little shopping, not much. i just got the jane carter twist and lock, giovanni nutra fix(im almost out of the one T gave me and i love this stuff) and i also got some alba botanica capuacu deep moisturizing conditioner. this stuff only has a shelf life of six months so im thinking its probably worth the $10.

Hey Ms. Terri the FHI Runway is sold out on Folica! And that promo code is expired now~

Good thing we got ours first before I spread the good word! They must love me over there!

Thanks Girl! You are Da' Bomb!:sekret:

(but honestly, you have to quit buying so much stuff, for real tho':blush:)

Mine was delivered today along with Che's Fabulous Trade!:grin:

WOW! I love product trading with her.:love2:

I think I'm addicted.:look:

*goes to stash city to see what else i can 'bribe' che with*

I'm doing my hair tonight (instead of Friday) so, I am sitting under My heat cap in Organic Soy Oil for an hour. Then I will Co-Wash with Jason Biotin. I will then Henna/Indigo. I think I am going to mix them together this time and Sit with it for a Couple of Hours. I will use more Indigo than Henna because I want it 'dark' and not 'red':sad:

Afterwards, I will DC with the rest of that CD's and something else that's almost empty. Hopefully, I will use up some stuff tonight.:grin:

My FHI Came! I may wait until tomorrow to "practice" with it.

Back