What is your ultimate Hair length Goal????????

What is your ultimate hair goal length????????

• SL

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • BSL

Votes: 60 25.0%
  • MBL

Votes: 86 35.8%
  • WL

Votes: 71 29.6%
  • TBL

Votes: 13 5.4%
  • CL

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • FL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lilamae

I will be waistlength by Dec 2009.:yep:

-Hair regimen:
Relax with Mizani Butter Blend every 8-12 weeks
Co-wash 2-3 times per week
Deep condition weekly
Moisturize daily
MN & coconut oil on scalp every other day

-Vitimans:
Ultra hair Nourish

-Protective styles:
Bunning sometimes

-Products:
Chi Silk Infusion
Joyce Williams Hair Food
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
Redken All Soft Butter Treat Conditioner
Pantene Detangling Mist
Pantene Moisturizing Conditioner
CON green label shampoo
Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor:lick:

SmartyPants

I said waist length. But, I really just want to prove that I can grow it that long. I doubt seriously I would keep it that long. After a couple of months, I'll probably cut it to MBL or BSL.

MizAvalon

My ultimate goal is as long as it will get. :yep:

When I see people like Flowerhair with their long, luscious locks I know that I want to be in that club.

leleepop

My ulimate goal is healthy,relaxed or texlaxed,thick hair. I want to be able to wear my hair curly but still long. I love Candyc,Sylver 2 ,and Sweet Cashewed length!

naturalmanenyc

I want to be full BSL after a roller set so I guess that means MBL.

I wash at least once a week and use no direct heat. I bought a FHI Platform SE but only used it once in early December when I took out my weave.

I take flintstones chewable vitamins daily and I typically pin my hair up with a clip after it's rollerset. I have tried braidouts as well and pin them up too. I do have it down now but that is because my rollerset came out really cute last night and I'm in the office. If I was working from home, my hair would be up.

I finally have staple products:

CON shampoo (diluted with water)
ORS Replenishing conditioner (always with heat 15 - 30 minutes)
Shea Moisture shea butter leave-in
coconut oil

I have tried a few other products in the last few weeks (Suave Humectant, gro-aut oils & gro-aut shampoos) but to date the items above work best for my hair. I have a huge 32 oz bottle of Suave Humectant so I will be adding some castor oil to it instead of tossing it out.

I am also strecthing the time between relaxers applications (texlaxing). The last stretch was 18 weeks, prior to that 14 weeks. I plan to go at least 12 weeks this time (at 7 weeks now).

Hey Ladies I dont know if this has already been posted b4, But I just want to know what is your Hair goal length and what are you doing to achieve it and through the process what things have you kept the same or what things have you change. List the following:

-Hair regimen:
-vitimans:
-protective styles:
-products:

My intention behind this poll is to hopefully get info and tips on haircare that can help myself as well as others :yep::yep:.

Last edited:

Aggie

You know, I used to think my ultimate hair length was BSL, but now that I am APL, I realize that I really want to be at MBL. This is now my new ultimate hair length goal.

Zawaj

Hey Ladies I dont know if this has already been posted b4, But I just want to know what is your Hair goal length and what are you doing to achieve it and through the process what things have you kept the same or what things have you change. List the following:

-Hair regimen:
-vitimans:
-protective styles:
-products:

My intention behind this poll is to hopefully get info and tips on haircare that can help myself as well as others :yep::yep:.

I was actually coming through to say Asalaamu Alaikum ukhtee!

I think my goal is BSL as a natural. I'm taking prenatals now because I'm pregnant. I co-wash daily. That's about it for now.

drasgrl

-Hair regimen:
See http://members.fotki.com/dreamy1/about/

-vitamins:
Biotin
Multivitamin
Liquid Vitamins

-protective styles:
Bun
updo
flexi rod set

-products:
Ayurveda products
Herbal Essence LTR conditioner and leave in
Aloe Vera gel
MTG
Mega-Tek
henna
Motions CPR
Aphogee
Nexxus
Various other shampoos and conditioners I'm trying to use up before buying anything new

Last edited:

21Trixie

I chose Bra Strap Length. I may let it grow as long as MidBack Length. Then maybe I'll think about getting layers. I love a layered cut.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I voted for WL. This is my choice because I want to know that I can achieve it more than anything. Who knows, I may get to WL and decide it's not for me. I may end up cutting it to MBL or BSL (much easier to maintain). Then again, I may love that WL hair and keep it. Either way, it's just an effort to see if I can achieve the goal. With all the naysayers around me, it kinda makes me think that it can't be done, so I'm on a mission to see if I can prove them wrong.

amwcah

I voted WL. My hair has never been longer than BSL.

-Hair regimen:
Texlax every 4-6 months
Wash and deep condition every 3 days

-vitimans:
Biotin
Flaxseed Oil
Horsetail
Multivitamin

-protective styles:
2007 Wigs, Buns, Braids
2008 Braids
2009 Buns? If I have enough thickness to wear my own hair.

-products:
ORS No Lye Relaxer
ORS Replenishing Conditioner
UBH Line
Pantene R&N Breakage Defense Line
ApHogee Line
CON Line of Shampoo/Conditioner
Motions Line of Shampoo/Conditioner
JBCO
and a closet full of products I need to use:nono:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I want Tail bone length because of shinkage and such and i just want to do buns,braids and twists with out using fake hair.

-Hair regimen: Still working on it but right now co wash every 3-4 days and restyle. moisturize every other day.
-vitimans: horsetail,flaxseed,GNC HSN,msm(i need to buy more of the second 2)
-protective styles: braids,twists,pigtail puffs,cornrows
-products: im rotating beween my favorite conditioners tresemme antibreakage, aussie moist, HE hello hydration, EQP mango butter, castor oil, kids organis detangler, hawaiian silky 14 in one, lustrasilk cholesterol, ors mayo, NTM DC mask(maybe the leave in too) infusium 23.

I need to cut some things out

remnant

-Hair regimen: DC once a week, moisturise/seal hair when needed, reconstructor every other week, aphogee every two to three months, poo once every two to 5 weeks, no poo every week!

-vitimans: multivitamins, iron (anemia)

-protective styles: braids with extensions, twists without extensions, sew in weave

-products: le Kair cholesterol, natural oils, essentials oils, affirm 5n1, hard Aphogee, ORS replenishing pak, french cheapies conditionners, shea butter, glycerin, aloe vera juice/gel, homemade candy c avocado treatment, amla, coconut milk, neem!

HTH:grin:

Edited: ooh i forgot toanswer, my ultimate goal is between Mid back and waistlenght : bottom of/ lower midback:yep:

Last edited:

bLackButtaFly

My ultimate goal is MBL stretched, and maybe bsl unstretched. I think any longer would be abit overwhelming for me
-Hair regimen: Right now I'm keeping it super simple. My hair going to be spending alot more time in twist extensions, and I'm not letting it out until the winter ends.
Monthly protein treatments, and twice weekly deep conditioning
Less product and more growth management
-vitimans: Women's daily vitamin, nothing special. I might start biotin, but I don't want to risk my clear skin
-protective styles: Twist extensions, and buns. I do the twists myself which saves me money
-products: Devacurl no poo, and conditioner, miss keys 10 en 1 deep conditioner, silicon mix. aphogee light protein treatment

shelly25

My goal is BSL. I'm at SL now, and my hair has never been longer than that. I would be happy with nice healthy APL hair though.
-Hair regimen: don't think I have one. Just cowash a few x's a week. Shampoo and deep condition once a week. moisturize my hair every morning, and my hair is usually in a ponytail (not the fake ones) or it's out.
-vitimans:
none
-protective styles:
none really
-products:
the only products I'm using right now is Tresemme 2 in 1 (shampoo and conditioner), VO5 moisture milks conditioner, Pantene R & N DC mask, ORS Jojoba Oil (using this to moisturize my hair. It feels like grease though and I hate it. gonna get something new this weekend), and ORS Elastic-i-Tea herbal leave in conditioner (i'm not a huge fan of this either and probably won't get it again.)

silverlotus

My ultimate goal is full WSL. Anything after that is a bonus. :yep:

-Hair regimen: Wash & d/c 1x/week, moisturize daily, emergencee every 6 weeks, clarify & mild protein treatment as needed, relax every 12-13 weeks.

-vitamins: none

-protective styles: buns all the way

-products: ORS Replenishing Pak, Praital Silk Worm condish, Lafier Honey & Almond Rinse, Sunsilk Hydra TLC Creme, Nexxus Emergencee, Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor. I'm still looking for my staple relaxer & shampoo.

miss Congeniality

I voted MBL, this is with hair stretched. I am hoping that will mean that my hair is SL unstretched.

-Hair regimen:
Pretty much stick to all of my challenges. Wear mainly protective styles. Detangle, shampoo, deep condition weekly. Do protein treatments once a month. Dust ends.
-vitimans:
Honestly, I can't do vitamins. I hate taking pills.
-protective styles:
Twists and when it is long enough buns.
-products:
Vatika, henna, HE Totally Twisted, shea butter, alma oil, and giovanni direct leave-in. Aubrey's GPB.

prospurr4

I voted TBL, but I think I'll stop at hipbone length.

-Hair regimen: I wash weekly, DC every 2 weeks, airdry in rollersets or twistouts, no direct heat, daily moisturizing

-vitimans: I exercise, eat wisely and take vitamins for a healthy body, which produces healthy hair.

-protective styles: I like to wear buns and other updos for style as well as the health of my hair

-products: Motions line, Giovanni Direct Leave-in, VO5 Conditioner, Proclaim serum, castor, coconut and olive oil

ETA: My regimen has been basically the same throughout my hair journey. I like to keep it nice and simple.:yep:

Last edited:

Shalilac

My goal is mbl. However, because my hair is ubber thick, I think I'd pull my hair out with that length natural. So I'd have to say that I'd be relaxed to some degree to get to that length.

-Hair regimen: KISS, poo once a wk, deep cond w/every poo, air dry only, moisturize as needed, trim every 6 mths.
-vitimans: I suck at keeping with them except when I'm pregnant so it's pretty much outta the question LOL
-protective styles: twists, braids, buns, phony ponies, & wigs
-products: CDHHB (or shea butter), cheap poo, cheap cond, INF 23 leave-in, cholesterol for deep cond or aphogee.

Coolata

I am new to the forum and learn so much from everyone. I am still trying to see what is best for me. My hair is short..nape of neck/ to the ear on sides/ bang to eyebrow. My goal is SL by 12/08....ultimate goal MBL!! With the love and support from this forum I believe I can do it.

-Hair regimen: wash and dc once a week. co-wash 1x week.NO direct heat/No curling irons/No flat irons... airdry or wrap/rollerset under hood drier.
-vitimans: vitamin D, calcium, biotin, multi, iron, omega-3, protein shakes
-protective styles: phony pony, barrettes to comb hair of neckline.
-products: Spain hair products, rosemary/lavender oil, medication from physician (psoriasis), Dr. Miracles temple/nap, ORS pak, Jane Carter nourish and shine, lacio lacio leave in, Aphogee foam for wrap.

Thus far my hair is a LOT healthier and I am sure the growth will begin.

Last edited:

~~HoneyComb~~

I voted for MBL but if I get to WL I won't be mad.

I don't take vitamins, I need to start.

Protective styles: Natural flat-twists outs, natural buns, undos all styles with minimal manipulation.

Hair products: Long aid curl activator gel (for moisturizing the curls), Fantasia IC gel (laying down the edges), Biotera leave-in conditioner (for taming the frizzes. Tresemme anti breakage conditioner.

AsTheCurlzTurns

Well for me, my ultimate hair goal would have to be BSL stretched. Longest I've ever been as a relaxed head was APL, so I know I can do that, so going to try to go another step further. Hopefully I can make that in about 3 years.
-Hair regimen: (Currently doing, but subject to change at any time)
Co-wash almost daily now
Clarify when needed
DC at least 2-3 times a week
Apply growth aids almost daily
Moisturize and seal
Baggy every 2 days
-vitimans:
Hair, skin and nails vitamin, One-A-Day vitamins
-protective styles:
None yet, since I'm currently sporting a shorter TWA since I done chopped again.
-products:
Still, looking for more staple products, but so far, I use: Suave conditioners-clarifying, VO5 conditioners, ORS Replenishing Conditioner, ORS Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion, Fantasia IC Gel, FOTE/glycerin/water mix, Kids Organics Shea Butter Moisturizing Detangling Lotion, Elasta QP Mango Butter, S-Curl No Drip
-testing:
Tresemme products
ORS Twist & Loc gel

zzirvingj

I voted WL! :drunk: I want full WL before 2009...

Hair regimen: Wash 1-2 x's weekly; DC & detangle once a week. Buns 90% of the time...pressed the rest.

-vitimans: None currently...but I do take liquid Omega 3,6,9 on occasion...hoping to replenish that soon.

-protective styles: Buns, buns....and did I say more buns? :grin:

-products: Burt's Bee's Avocado Pre-poo treatment, Aveda Detoxifier, Aveda Brilliant, LeKair Cholesterol, Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Avocado Butter (I need a new deep conditioner....anyone got a recommendation..??) :drunk:

JustKiya

I voted WL! :drunk: I want full WL before 2009...

Hair regimen: Wash 1-2 x's weekly; DC & detangle once a week. Buns 90% of the time...pressed the rest.

-vitimans: None currently...but I do take liquid Omega 3,6,9 on occasion...hoping to replenish that soon.

-protective styles: Buns, buns....and did I say more buns? :grin:

-products: Burt's Bee's Avocado Pre-poo treatment, Aveda Detoxifier, Aveda Brilliant, LeKair Cholesterol, Giovanni Direct Leave-in, Avocado Butter (I need a new deep conditioner....anyone got a recommendation..??) :drunk:

If you like to mix stuff up, I would REALLY recommend the Caramel Treatment - it's dreamy.

Lavendar

MBL is my goal length....don't think I could manage any longer than that.

-Hair regimen: Prepoo with indian oils or con/oil mix, Wash and DC 2 x week, henna every 3-4 weeks, baggy ends almost daily

-vitimans: 4 g MSM, 5 mg biotin, multi, fish oil caps

-protective styles: Buns or updos with various hair toys

-products: HairVeda, Elucence, Indian oils, henna and shikakai powder, GD leave-in, and Orgnix leave-in