2009 LHCF BOOTCAMP

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Still bunning and counting weeks, Im about to get some braids so that will change stuff up for me.

beans4reezy

I'm using a heat pass tomorrow to check my length after I take out my twists. Although, shouldn't be "half a pass" since I am only flat ironing my NG? Lol

Aggie

I'm still in this challenge as well and doing well. I don't know if I will be joiningfor next year though - I'll see.

MJ

I'm still going strong. I used heat to straighten (blowdryer) only one day this year. I'm still doing daily cowashing treatments (at least five days each week), but I need to step up on my deep conditioning treatments. I'm slacking a bit. I'm planning to straighten my hair in December. I'll post this pictures in this thread.

Aspire

Have stayed on track since my last pass (April/May?). Still going strong but desperately needs a trim. I have even given up dusting. Will trim in November.

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
This boot camp has been one of the best things that has happened to my hair!!!! I cant believe that I have only used heat 2x this year and I dont plan on doing it anymore this year. I finally relaxed my hair after my 1 year 2 week stretch and I hadnt trimmed since March. I went to get a dusting and explained what I wanted. The lady looked at my ends and said dont worry I really dont have much to do just a nip (that is what she called a dust) it lasted all of 5 min if that and I am not kidding. I could tell she did anything and she showed me how much she dusted and I swear I have more hair on my legs. :lachen: I gave her a good tip for being honest with me and not cutting all my growth. She said if I send her more clients (she really doesnt get black clients) that she will do my dustings for free. So now I am her walking billboard and proud of it.

Thank you ladies for all your help. I went from an ear lenght bob shaved in the back to past collar bone in a year. I remember putting the ruler at the back of my hair asking DH is it a 1.5 yet? I cant wait till the next years challenge SIGN ME UP! This is now a way of life for me.

SouthernStunner

*KP*

I have had to use my pass for this session. I blow dried my hair with a comb attachment after washing it.

I was planning to stretch my relaxer for 12 weeks again this time but after 8 weeks the regrowth is out of control - which I guess is a good thing, it means my hair is growing faster :grin:

The last time I relaxed with this much regrowth and didn't blow dry the roots the week before, it was really difficult to get the relaxer through. My roots were so tangled!

At least the new session starts this week and I will have another pass :)

beans4reezy

:lol: nice try! You get the same response I got, it's a full pass!

You can't blame a sister for trying :lachen:

But I did use my haet pass- I am regretting I did, because my hair still looked a hot mess! I need a better flat iron and technique. Anyway, 27 weeks post and I am doing well with bootcamp.

blksndrlla

I am going to commit to _1___ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ______no weekly tv show (I only get one show a week as is)_. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:

Hopefully this will keep me from hating my hair and doing something I regret...let the games begin/continue...

*KP*

I was just reading the fish oil thread and thought maybe my crazy regrowth is because of the evening primrose oil I have been taking. Maybe? I have also been taking Agnus Castus but I don't know if that does anything for hair.

kandigyrl

Hope its ok for me join in on the last session.

I am going to commit to 1 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no new hair products for a month. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Will post a pic as soon as I figure out ow to.

Aggie

This boot camp has been one of the best things that has happened to my hair!!!! I cant believe that I have only used heat 2x this year and I dont plan on doing it anymore this year. I finally relaxed my hair after my 1 year 2 week stretch and I hadnt trimmed since March. I went to get a dusting and explained what I wanted. The lady looked at my ends and said dont worry I really dont have much to do just a nip (that is what she called a dust) it lasted all of 5 min if that and I am not kidding. I could tell she did anything and she showed me how much she dusted and I swear I have more hair on my legs. :lachen: I gave her a good tip for being honest with me and not cutting all my growth. She said if I send her more clients (she really doesnt get black clients) that she will do my dustings for free. So now I am her walking billboard and proud of it.

Thank you ladies for all your help. I went from an ear lenght bob shaved in the back to past collar bone in a year. I remember putting the ruler at the back of my hair asking DH is it a 1.5 yet? I cant wait till the next years challenge SIGN ME UP! This is now a way of life for me.

SouthernStunner

What:shocked:? No pictures?

Aspire

SouthernStunner
Uhh . . . :pics: please.

But ITA with the bolded. I can NOT believe that since I started boot camp, I have given away/donated two hair dryers, a good curling iron, two ok curling irons, AND a flat iron. It just did not make sence to keep them when I wasn't using them. And the shine on my hair even WITHOUT product is amazing. If I never did another thing learned from this board, Boot Camp methods alone would be enough. :yep:

baddison

natural for good
OK, OK...the 4th and FINAL session for the 2009 BOOT CAMP begins tomorrow, Oct. 1st.

Ladies....START YOUR ENGINES!!!!! :dance7:

NuBraveHeart

ok, here is my "progress" pic. it's hard to see any real difference. i haven't straightened my hair in god knows how long, seeing as how with bootcamp, i'm not using heat! but, i will say this, only half of my hair is out, as the front half is in cornrows in the rightmost pic. so, i would say that my hair is MUCH fuller since june, as it looks like the same amount of hair is out in both pics. so, i guess there IS progress. i'm gonna keep up with the aphogee and DCing.

Last edited:

GoldenBreeze

My new lace front (no glue or tape used):

http://public.fotki.com/lm119/protec...-for-nove.html

http://public.fotki.com/lm119/protec...ce-nov-09.html

This wednesday will be week #4 for my braids under wigs. I don't have a lot of single strand knots so I'm thinking about doing another 4 week stretch.:yep: hhg

I'm liking the lace front!:yep:

Thank you ladies for all your help. I went from an ear lenght bob shaved in the back to past collar bone in a year. I remember putting the ruler at the back of my hair asking DH is it a 1.5 yet? I cant wait till the next years challenge SIGN ME UP! This is now a way of life for me.SouthernStunner

Congrats on the progress. What, no pics? To the bolded part, it is truely a gift when you find a stylist that isn't a SHS.

:lol: nice try! You get the same response I got, it's a full pass!

That's right KP, keep 'em in line girl!:lachen:

My length check is in the last pic of my siggie...
almost APL!!!:yay:

APL by Dec! :yay:

I am going to commit to _1___ sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be ______no weekly tv show (I only get one show a week as is)_. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Here is my starting point picture:

Hopefully this will keep me from hating my hair and doing something I regret...let the games begin/continue...

Hope its ok for me join in on the last session.

I am going to commit to 1 sessions of LHCF Bootcamp. My consequence for violating Bootcamp Rules will be no new hair products for a month. I am excited to see the hair progress I will make by participating in this challenge!!

Will post a pic as soon as I figure out ow to.

Welcome to bootcamp blksndrlla, and kandigyrl. :wave:

Well ladies, we are in the home stretch. I can't believe this is the last quarter of bootcamp this year! Where did the time go. HHG everyone!:grin:

newgrowth15

Well ladies, we are in the home stretch. I can't believe this is the last quarter of bootcamp this year! Where did the time go. HHG everyone!:grin:

I know? Where did it really go. I'm still waiting for summer to get started and it's already over. (We had a ton of rain up here in the Northeast this summer). I doing well and can't wait to post comparison photos in December. Keep up the good work everyone. :yep:

aa9746

I'm liking the lace front!:yep:

Congrats on the progress. What, no pics? To the bolded part, it is truely a gift when you find a stylist that isn't a SHS.

That's right KP, keep 'em in line girl!:lachen:

APL by Dec! :yay:

Welcome to bootcamp blksndrlla, and kandigyrl. :wave:

Yes, where did the time go? Bootcamp has helped my hair a lot. My DH misses my hair but supports what I'm doing. I'm sticking out these last few months:yep:.

Jaxhair

I'm so in the last session! Still going strong - it's a way of life for me, lol, especially as I had a bad experience under a hooded drier, looking for an elegant style for a wedding on the 25th Sept! Confirmed to me that heat isn't for my hair at any cost - even indirect, hooded drier heat - my hair isn't happy. So, yup, I'm in for the home stretch and the aim is to replenish moisture and retain every single inch gained. Can't wait for December for those updae pics!

morehairplease

I purchased my first half wig yesterday. Its the Freetress sophia girl. The bss did not have the vanilla girl in the color I wanted(1b) so I only purchased one. I plan on looking online at youtube videos and making a list to place an online order b/c the selection at the store here was horrible.

Aggie

Checking in: Still going strong for the last session. No rules broken last session and none so far for this session.

newgrowth15

All is well. No rules broken. I did a henna mix on Monday and Tuesday. The color has finally oxidized. My grays look like red-orange highlights. I will post pictures soon.

Miniaturemom

I'm still hanging in. No rules broken. Still having breakage issues, but trying new things.Straightened last session for a length check. Will bc at the end of this year's challenge and sign up for next year's. Pix at the end.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Well I relaxed like a wk 1/2 ago trimmed and have been bunning since. My hair has definately gotten thicker ;) and I'll be doing a henna treatment this week. I did w/o thinking use the blowdryer so I guess I used a pass. Watching too many hair vids on yotube, lol

beans4reezy

Still in here. I used a heat pass for a length check (I regret I did, my flat iron skills are so pathetic). I am wiggin it from now until the end, because it is a lot easier for me than anything else.