2012 HYH Challenge Session 2 - July 1- December 31, 2012

ms.tatiana

Well when its first done they press and flat iron my leave out and to keep it looking straight I part it down the middle and wrap on side one way and the other the other way. This hair is 18 in so its long and to much to try to just wrap all together. But in a couple of days I'll probably use my flexie rods

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I got me 2 closure and 4 bundles of new hair.
Imma remake my old wig with a closure and make a new one with the other closure.

My new bundles are 14,16,18, and 20. I will be making my wig with the longest 3.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Made my new wig and will remake the other one sometime this weekend. I will post pics from my phone.....

I will be taking my hair down every 2 weeks to wash, DC, and rebraid.

I do spray my hair 2x daily with my spray moisturizer and seal with GSO or coconut. I will be applying my JBCO to my scalp.

I will be in and out of here checking on yall, but school is getting hectic so this is the only way for me to keep my hair on my head until I graduate in Decemeber.

ms.tatiana

Made my new wig and will remake the other one sometime this weekend. I will post pics from my phone.....

I will be taking my hair down every 2 weeks to wash, DC, and rebraid.

I do spray my hair 2x daily with my spray moisturizer and seal with GSO or coconut. I will be applying my JBCO to my scalp.

I will be in and out of here checking on yall, but school is getting hectic so this is the only way for me to keep my hair on my head until I graduate in Decemeber.

Pictures please

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Length is where my hands stops.....

Attachments

• Closure.jpg
    Closure.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Halfway.jpg
    Halfway.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 52
  • Length.jpg
    Length.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 28

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Here you go!!!!!!

Attachments

• Parting.jpg
    Parting.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 50
  • PartingII.jpg
    PartingII.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 52

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I love the braid you did in the front! It's really a cute wig! I wish I knew how to make one.

You did a great job ZebraPrintLover I wish I could find a wig to wear let alone make one!

ms.tatiana
shortt29

YT teaches me everything LOL.

It doesnt bother me to wear a wig or not and when ppl ask me I will tell them. But lots of ppl dont know its a wig but think its just tracks. I wear it like I would wear my regular hair, in cute styles that is LOL

I feel more comfortable with wearing half wigs and a headband but being 8 months post relaxer im not trying to always blend my hair with something.

charmtreese

Ive been weaved up going on 7 weeks....trying to make it until oct 8 when Im out off work to take it down. Im going to order some more phony puffs to wear for a week or two before my next install.

FoxxyLocs

Still in twists. I redid the front last weekend. Also washed and dusted my ends. Still planning to keep them in through next month. I might try to redo the back this weekend.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
So I am going into 2 weeks of hiding under my wig, imma take the braids out this weekend and wash, DC, and give it a nice treatment.

Oneprettypa

Question Ladies,

I've been wearing sew ins consistently since April, do I need to take a break before my next sew in to let my hair breathe? I want to make sure I'm keeping my hair healthy. I get deep conditions between installs but that's about it!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ms.tatiana

Question Ladies,

I've been wearing sew ins consistently since April, do I need to take a break before my next sew in to let my hair breathe? I want to make sure I'm keeping my hair healthy. I get deep conditions between installs but that's about it!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I sometimes do the the same thing take it down DC and then put it but in a weave the next day. I haven't had any real problems, but these last couple installs I have at least waited a week or two by doing either a braid out or buns.

FoxxyLocs

I ended up straightening my hair the other day after I washed. Still hiding in a bun though. I might do a bantu knot out for church. Thinking about keeping it straight for a while.

JJamiah

I need my hair rebraided and will need to leave it in at least 3 weeks. All this madness is too much LOL

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
So I am going into 2 weeks of hiding under my wig, imma take the braids out this weekend and wash, DC, and give it a nice treatment.

I made it 2 wks in, DCing right now.....once this wash session is complete im braiding it back up and under wig i go.....

CurlsBazillion

I've been in wigs far too long, I'm starting to hate them, I just can't find a comfortable way to wear them. Now I'm in buns and loving it, I feel so free! Ends are still protected :) and I think I'm retiring the wigs for a month or so.

Satchmo

ms.tatiana said:
No we are hiding until December

Ok thanks :)

Introduce yourself
I'm new to lhcf, lurked for a couple of months before fully subscribing and can I just say its worth every penny. There's such a massive wealth of knowledge here. Anyhoos I started my hair journey 3 months ago and went from unhealthy neck/almost-shoulder length to a healthier shoulder length.

Have you been in this challenge before? what was your experience?
No I haven't been in this challenge before

what length are you now?
Shoulder length

What Length do you believe you'll be by the end of this challenge?
Still shoulder length but a fuller one

WHat styles do you plan on wearing?
Braids and buns

How often do switch up styles?
Not very often, maybe every couple of weeks/ every month- I'm lazy in that.

Any Advice for anyone just starting out:
So far the things i've learnt are that persistence is key and a satin scarf to sleep at night is completely necessary. Also, what works for others may not work for you so listen to your hair.

image-2143266153.jpg

This is my starting pic. I need a trim, but i'm holding out till December.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I did rebraid my hair to hide under my wig for at least 2 week....still on my 1st week but its cool.