2013 Delightfully Delicious Deep Condition Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDareT'sHair said:
DC'ing with:

Under my MASTEX Heat Cap with: b.a.s.k. Whiskey Vanilla
Under will under under my dryer with: Bel Nouvo DC'er

I really like the vanilla whiskey. Is it better under heat.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

IDareT'sHair

Yup, the Koils by Nature. I really liked it! Next time she has a sale, I may repurchase it and the leave-in. My hair felt great and so did the back of my hands.

(Because my hair is low-normal porosity, I use the back of my hands to determine how a conditioner will make my hair feel. If my hands feel soft when I rinse it off, usually, so will my hair. There is a website that explains why, but I can't find it right now.)

ETA: Here is the website. Go down to the tip under Conditioners and it tells you the test for low porosity vs. high porosity - http://www.natreview.com/2012/04/18...ally-speaking-moisturizing-low-porosity-hair/

Last edited:
uofmpanther

Nice Research Sis.:kiss: Thanks for sharing. That's some good information.:yep:

And also thanks for the review on KBN. I hate I passed up that last Sale, but I haven't used any of the products I bought during the last 2 Sales.:blush:

I haven't read many reviews on the Cocoaloe DC'er, so I was glad to see someone else has/had it.

The Leave-In gets Great Reviews too, but I like a liquid leave-in vs a Creamy Leave-In. Chile....that Butter Lawdhammercy!:lick:

I did like the Oil. But oil is oil is oil. It was a nice weight.

I want to try her ACV Rinse at some point and another Butter.:look:

@uofmpanther

After reading a bit of this, I see why/how I was able to completely correct/overcome my overly/high porosity hair by Steaming and DC'ing with Heat.

I always use Heat for my DC'ers whether it be Steam, Heat Cap or Dryer.

There is a lot of good scientific information in the link you posted regarding Porosity and porosity issues.

I hope those struggling with Porosity issues will take the time to Click on that Link.

uofmpanther

Nice Research Sis.:kiss: Thanks for sharing. That's some good information.:yep:

And also thanks for the review on KBN. I hate I passed up that last Sale, but I haven't used any of the products I bought during the last 2 Sales.:blush:

I haven't read many reviews on the Cocoaloe DC'er, so I was glad to see someone else has/had it.

The Leave-In gets Great Reviews too, but I like a liquid leave-in vs a Creamy Leave-In. Chile....that Butter Lawdhammercy!:lick:

I did like the Oil. But oil is oil is oil. It was a nice weight.

I want to try her ACV Rinse at some point and another Butter.:look:

IDareT'sHair - Now you have me wanting to try more off her products! :grin: I need her to hurry up with the next sale.

Bout to dc with Hask placenta for extremely damaged hair (protein treatment) for 15 minutes, wash and deep condition with giovonni 50/50 conditioner for 15 minutes and put tresemme on top to add slip and rinse out under water

Currently Dcing with Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends under Hair Therapy Wrap for about an hour while I do this homework. Feels great.

I have recognized that I am addicted to taking care of my hair...I love washing it, Dcing, putting in my leave ins, and M&Sing every other day. :lick: I like using different products too. I'm lucky that my hair is not too picky.

Doing an overnight DC with As I Am Hydrating Conditioner. It's nice but I won't repurchase. It softens my hair but it doesn't smooth it like AO BC. Now that it's gone I get to try the HQ conditioners.

I DC with AO GPB conditioner on dry hair for 20 minutes and used Giovanni Deeper Moisture for 20 minutes after shampoo.

Yesterday-Did a pre with Yonobe-pre treatment,Washed Pomade shops-Cafe Coffee poo,NBD-Ayurvedic tea rinse,Right side Yonobe-Amla & Nettle Dc mask 1hr30 min,Left side Heritage-Pink Grapfruit Dc 1hr30min,BF Olive drench rinse,As I Am-leave-in,Serenzo Burdock moisture cream,heritage tutti fruity on ends,Heritage wild grow oil applied to scalp & used to seal ends...Hair is in 6 braids/air dry..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Overnight tea spritz( nettle, black & avg) under Edens be jojoba & monoi dc,AOHSR& JBCO. Steamed this morning. My hair was soft & tangle free. I think I'm going o use this combo every weekend.

Ooooooo,

My hair was mad at me! I hadn't cowshed or anything since the 9th. No water, no dc.

Dc'ing with curl junkie curl rehab coconut hibiscus. Going to leave it on for 2 hours.

I DC'd yesterday under my new heating cap for 30 minutes with SM Purification Mask, and Eva NYC Soften Up Conditioner.

Annnd I am sorry to say this but darcy's pumpkin seed conditioner and I are breaking up. The same issues I was having, I had the two previous times I used it as a dc. Increased shedding and a few 'c's which I never see anymore. I looked back in my notes and now I remember why I set this aside. I wanted to post this here as a reminder to myself.

This is what I get for trying to use up stuff before I move. Stick to what works and don't change up.

The Curl Junkie is turning it around. I will dc again today with Curl Junkie if my shipment gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back