2017 Coffee Tea Clay Mud Acv Avj Ayurveda Challenge

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Did a henna, amla & bhringraj treatment. Added in my Ayurvedic oil, creamed honey and Trader Joes TTT conditioner. Left it on for 5 or so hours before rinsing. It left my hair clean, conditioned and moisturized so I just moved right into air drying and styling. Will repeat again on my first wash in November.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
So I ended up using the food processor Friday for my aloe prepoo. I still had chunks. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but here I am 3 days later with little white dots of aloe in my hair :badcop::badcop::blush:

Wash day is tomorrow. I think I should mix the aloe gel with conditioner to make it smoother.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
So I ended up using the food processor Friday for my aloe prepoo. I still had chunks. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but here I am 3 days later with little white dots of aloe in my hair :badcop::badcop::blush:

Wash day is tomorrow. I think I should mix the aloe gel with conditioner to make it smoother.
With the aloe, after I peel it, I take a immersion blend to it, strain it twice--first with a regular pasta strainer, then a fine mesh one--and freeze the rest.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
@lulu97
How's Baby Boy doing?:baby2: How is everyone adjusting?:infatuated:

@IDareT'sHair Hey Sis! Baby boy is doing well. Eating up a storm and getting fat & juicy. I just :love4: love fat babies! Can't wait till he gets a few jelly rolls! :giggle:

My 3 year old is having a hard time adjusting to the new baby. I believe he's going through a bout of jealousy. Some days he tells me..."mommy, that baby is so noisy" or he will tell the baby to hush when he cries. LOL He has also become very clingy to me. I'm sure it will all get better as time goes on.

Thank you so much for checking on me. You are so sweet! :love2:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Eating up a Storm and getting fat & juicy. I just :love4: love fat babies! Can't wait till he gets a few jelly rolls! :giggle: My 3 year old is having a hard time adjusting to the new baby. I believe he's going through a bout of jealousy. Some days he tells me..."mommy, that baby is so noisy" or he will tell the baby to hush when he cries. LOL He has also become very clingy to me. I'm sure it will all get better as time goes on.
@lulu97
Gurl....I love them Fat Babies too! Not to mention dem Juicy Jelly Rolls! :lick:

I Lurves them Arm Rolls, Them Thigh Rolls and them Booty Rolls
:chocbunny:

I was wondering how Big-Little Bro' was adjusting? That is so cute tattling.:blah:..:laugh:

Aggie

@IDareT'sHair Hey Sis! Baby boy is doing well. Eating up a storm and getting fat & juicy. I just :love4: love fat babies! Can't wait till he gets a few jelly rolls! :giggle:

My 3 year old is having a hard time adjusting to the new baby. I believe he's going through a bout of jealousy. Some days he tells me..."mommy, that baby is so noisy" or he will tell the baby to hush when he cries. LOL He has also become very clingy to me. I'm sure it will all get better as time goes on.

Thank you so much for checking on me. You are so sweet! :love2:
This happened with my little nephew. He was 3 when his baby sister was born. I had to tell him that he is her big brother and we expect him to be the best big brother in the world and that his baby sister was going to be depending on him a lot since she can't do anything by herself. I asked him if he wanted to be the best big brother in the world, he said yes. So I told him to treat her well and protect her from any harm. Would you believe it, that actually worked. He watches out for her just as if he's an adult. It was the most welcoming uncanny thing I have ever seen in a child. I was like, "Holy cow, it worked."

By the way, congrats on the new addition to your family.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Just discovered an Indian supermarket so I may be joining you ladies this weekend! First, I want to try amla powder, my hair and scalp needs HALP!

Dilute it with water

@mamarama @Lucky me

Hi Ladies :wave:

This is an On-going Challenge. Are you two planning on joining us for the remainder of the year?

If so we are very happy to have you both continue with us the rest of '17.

If not, No Randoms Please.

NaturallyATLPCH

Does anybody use aloe vera juice as a leave in on the stands? Or as the liquid in the LOC method?
I have in the past but had to stop. Aloe vera is a pH balancer meaning it is also a cuticle closer/smoother. For us low porosity girls this can be a no no considering our cuticles are easily tightly shut anyway. That's the hardness most people feel since it is not a protein. Because of its smoothing properties on low po hair, it makes my hair slick, slightly hard, and tangle prone.

imaginary

Finally finished taking out my braids

I did a clay wash (bentonite, distilled acv and green & garlic tea) to make sure my hair was COMPLETELY detangled before shampooing (I needed to for the hard protein). I also added the last of my raw acv to my green and garlic tea to make a final rinse. I plan to henna this upcoming weekend though for the additional strength and also for these disrespectful greys.