2017 Coffee Tea Clay Mud Acv Avj Ayurveda Challenge

Aggie

I just bought the 24 rinse package of Curly Proverbz Green Tea Rinse. I sure hope I like that stuff since I bought so much. I will be using it just like she does under a good moisturizing leave-in. Most likely my leave-in of choice will be by SSI. I have no idea when it will be here, but I will make something to spritz my hair with until it gets here.

Last edited:

Aggie

I went to my local indian store and I picked up 3 boxes of Kalpi Tone, 2 Alma powder and 1 Brahmi. I hope my hair likes them. Any suggestions on how to use them? I was going to just mix with water and use them as a pre-poo.
If your hair can handle AVJ, use that and a few drops of peppermint and/or rosemary essential oil and 2-4 tablespoons of your favorite hair oil. I like evoo, evco, grapeseed oil, palm oil and rice bran oil.

It can be used straight up or you can make a gloss by adding 1 or 2 teaspoons of a cheapy moisturizing conditioner. If you are DCing, then use a deep conditioner instead of a cheapy one, allow to stay on your hair for 1 hour with or without heat.

Try to oil your dry hair and scalp before hand. You can sleep with this in overnight or the day of the treatment for about an hour before treating with the powders. I use bhringraj oil for this purpose although I like amla and brahmi oils as well.

Smiley79

If your hair can handle AVJ, use that and a few drops of peppermint and/or rosemary essential oil and 2-4 tablespoons of your favorite hair oil. I like evoo, evco, grapeseed oil, palm oil and rice bran oil.

It can be used straight up or you can make a gloss by adding 1 or 2 teaspoons of a cheapy moisturizing conditioner. If you are DCing, then use a deep conditioner instead of a cheapy one, allow to stay on your hair for 1 hour with or without heat.

Try to oil your dry hair and scalp before hand. You can sleep with this in overnight or the day of the treatment for about an hour before treating with the powders. I use bhringraj oil for this purpose although I like amla and brahmi oils as well.

Am I doing this before of after shampooing. Or does it not matter?

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Steeping some rosemary tea. Once it cools a bit, I'll use it to mix with my powders.

In a bowl, I have waiting:
1/4 cup bhringraj powder
1/4 cup amla powder
1/8 cup Brahmi powder

Will mix the tea with the herbs then add a few drops of Rosehip seed oil and massage the mixture into my scalp.

Afterwards add the following to the mix before applying it to my length:
Ayurvedic herbal oil
Shea butter
Mango butter
Creamed honey
Glycerin (just trying to use this up)
Conditioner

Gonna be a good hair treatment day! :toocool:

Aggie

Steeping some rosemary tea. Once it cools a bit, I'll use it to mix with my powders.

In a bowl, I have waiting:
1/4 cup bhringraj powder
1/4 cup amla powder
1/8 cup Brahmi powder

Will mix the tea with the herbs then add a few drops of Rosehip seed oil and massage the mixture into my scalp.

Afterwards add the following to the mix before applying it to my length:
Ayurvedic herbal oil
Shea butter
Mango butter
Creamed honey
Glycerin (just trying to use this up)
Conditioner

Gonna be a good hair treatment day! :toocool:
Yes mama! I love your mix today. I have some butters and glycerin I need to use up - thanks for the idea @lulu97.

imaginary

I was getting the urge to try fenugreek in my henna mix because I remember it being so thick and full of slip. It really was a dream to apply with minimal mess. I didn't even have to lay out newspaper. Straining the fenugreek was a whole ass mess, but it helped when I just kept adding water to it. So my henna mix was fenugreek, coconut milk, sage oil and warm water.

Then I realised my greys were still standing out proudly. I'm wondering if the fenugreek limits henna's colour depositing. So then I did a hendigo treatment with my mountainroseherbs in medium brown, salt and warm water.

My greys are finally under control and my hair feels great.

I think in the future I'm just gonna have to use fenugreek as a prepoo or maybe for those days when I just want a henna gloss.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Yes mama! I love your mix today. I have some butters and glycerin I need to use up - thanks for the idea @lulu97.

Sis, this recipe was so good! @Aggie I kept it in for a few hours, rinsed then deep conditioned for a few hours with CR coconut water treatment. My hair feels so silky. Can't wait until my wash day in another 2 weeks. Gonna repeat the same treatment except swap out the Brahmi for henna. Yum!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Serendipity strikes again. I had been using bay leaf tea as an insect repellent, even on my face and hairline. I had some intense itching, but that did not deter me from using it because I am no allergic to bay.

I had been using raw aloe on my edges, especially the nape, with moderate success. Earlier this month, I had noticed my edges coming in super coily (never happened before) and got thicker. I am one of those odd ducks who can feel hair growing when it is super short; that is where the intense itch came from. I now have TWA edges, lol. Bay leaf tea is now a staple.

Alma Petra

Serendipity strikes again. I had been using bay leaf tea as an insect repellent, even on my face and hairline. I had some intense itching, but that did not deter me from using it because I am no allergic to bay.

I had been using raw aloe on my edges, especially the nape, with moderate success. Earlier this month, I had noticed my edges coming in super coily (never happened before) and got thicker. I am one of those odd ducks who can feel hair growing when it is super short; that is where the intense itch came from. I now have TWA edges, lol. Bay leaf tea is now a staple.

So it's the bay leaf not the aloe then?