3 Month Ayurveda Challenge

MissMusic

I know many ladies are on the Ayurvedic bandwagon, so let's do our first challenge based on this method.

Let's really test this method, LHCF style! :yep:

Challenge Begins Dec. 1 and ends February 28

The Rules:
1. No Direct Heat
2. You must use at least two Auyrvedic oils
3. You must use at least two Auyrvedic powders
4. 2 Heat Passes (I'm feeling generous)

That's it!

Who's In?

*Please post reggies (editing them when they change) and starting pics

For those who want to join, but don't know where to start:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=183305

Challengers
mamauv2
Joana721
cutiebe2
Forever_in_Bloom
Eisani
Muffinz05
Stella_972
LiberianGirl
MeechUK
Platinum
flowinlocks
Loves_Harmony
PuffyBrown
KPH
SignatureBeauty
Hot_Chocolate--LB
Noir
boomboom1027
trj1299
HoneyA
LadyD2u
JaszG
camilla
4mia
ladylibra
NatrlChallenge
Rosie8604
Anna9764
Dee_Raven

Last edited:

mamauv2

Now this is one challenge I gotta get in on!
OK Regimen:
2/3x weekly scritching/oil rinses with Bhringaraj oil
2/3x weekly amla tea rinse
Co wash daily
DC after tea rinses
How's that?

Joanna721

ok....well I wanna do this BUT I have to buy some henna and find another powder to buy....Im in BUT Im not officially in until I buy my powders....be back with my info then

cutiebe2

I have tons of powders that I have not used yet so this will be good. Can I include some Hairveda (like the Cocosta oil??)

I will pre-oo weekly with Amla oil
clean 2x per month with a shikakai and other powder mix
Henna monthly

what should I use as a Ayurveda DC (besides Henna)?

I still need to figure this all out before I begin

MissMusic

I have tons of powders that I have not used yet so this will be good. Can I include some Hairveda (like the Cocosta oil??)

I will pre-oo weekly with Amla oil
clean 2x per month with a shikakai and other powder mix
Henna monthly

what should I use as a Ayurveda DC (besides Henna)?

I still need to figure this all out before I begin

You can use whatever products you want as long as you also use the required oils and powders, so you can use a non-ayurvedic DC if you would like.

Forever in Bloom

I am SO in!

Beginning Dec. 1st, at night, I will oil and massage my scalp with Himani Navratna Oil. I have neem, brahmi, amla, heenara hair wash powder, kalpi tone, and shikakai. I plan to rotate them when necessary. I have my hair in twists and will experiment with rinses. My hair becomes unnecessarily tangled when I try to apply as pastes. I could do it this way, but I am so lazy with detangling my hair beforehand. This is why my hair is in twists right now. To prevent ratty twists, I will be using my scalp massaging brush to massage my scalp for me.

I plan on doing this 1-2 times per week.

I also will be doing henna treatments once every six weeks.

Of course, the Hairveda line will definitely be a staple when it comes to moisturizing my ends! :yep: This is a great challenge!

Attachments

• 22286.gif
    22286.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,654

Eisani

I'm down. I haven't quite decided on my routine yet, but it will consist of a henna gloss every wk w/a tea rinse and DC, cowash w/amla & brahmi(?) 1x/wk, scalp massages w/CoCasta, Vatika, or Amla/Shikakai blend. This is subject to change cuz my mind is fickle. I'll do straight up henna probably 1x every two weeks.

Stella 972

I'm in.

1. No Direct Heat:
Expect for (New Year)
2. You must use at least two Auyrvedic oils
Amla plus herbal hair oil & coconut oil
3. You must use at least two Auyrvedic powders
Henna and Shikakai soap bar as shampoo
4. 2 Heat Passes
(New Year.....)

Last edited:

LiberianGirl

Perfect timing! Heat free and an ayurvedic regime are two of my goals for the upcoming new year. I am still perfecting my regime so for right now I'm using Candy C and MedMunky's regi. I will be using BramaAmla Oil, Amla Oil, Shikaki Oil, CoCasta Shikaki Oil (Hairveda), shikaki powder, amla powder, and bramhi powder. I will also use henna 1-2x a month.

MissMusic

Perfect timing! Heat free and an ayurvedic regime are two of my goals for the upcoming new year. I am still perfecting my regime so for right now I'm using Candy C and MedMunky's regi. I will be using BramaAmla Oil, Amla Oil, Shikaki Oil, CoCasta Shikaki Oil (Hairveda), shikaki powder, amla powder, and bramhi powder. I will also use henna 1-2x a month.

Yep, keeping it ayurvedic is my goal as well!

Platinum

I want to join!:grin: I've been doing Ayurveda for a while and I love it!

I'm doing:

Ayuvedic co-washes atleast 2-3 week
Pre-oil with Brahmi and Bhrinraj Oils
Tea rinses if I decide to get braids or sew-in

*I love Brahmi, Maka, Shikakai, and Amla powders*

asummertyme

I would love to join yall but i have no idea where to start with this method...i am clueless to Ayurvedic methods and i am way to lazy to read thru that looooong thread..

*C00KIE*

Count me in. I will be in braids for next month and concidently (sp) i will be leaving it in for 3 month...

I will apply a tea rinse 2x weekly (conditioning)
(Brahmi & Black Seed)

I plan to oil my hair everynight w/ (daily treatment)
-Cocosta Shikakai hair oil
-add Haitian Castor Oil

My moisturizer will contain (daily mist moisturizer)
-Water
-Cocosta Shikakai hair oil
-Optimum hair conditioner (1 teaspoon)
-Black Seed Oil

Last edited:

Eisani

I've already started :giggle: I cowashed this a.m. with my amla/brahmi/shikakai infused conditioner, added H2H End All and sealed w/Vatika oil. Bunned. Ayurveda is addictive!!!

flowinlocks

I want in!!!! I oil my scalp with homemade oil consisting of, Alma, Brahmi, and Bhringraj. I also mix these powders in my dc and in my cheapie Suave as a cowash I do once a week. I also use a homemade oil of Shikakai, Neem, and Alma. I use this as a prepoo once a week before I use the tea or paste made with the same powders. I do this for cleansing. I also use Aritha in place of Alma when I make the tea. I am currently in the MT/OCT challenge, so I also apply these to the scalp along with the oils.

PuffyBrown

I want to do this.
I am already doing this and it would be so wonderful
to do with other people.

I already have:
Powder: Amla, Aritha, Shikakai, Kalpi Tone
Oil: Brahmi, Amla, Vatika, Nilibhringadi, Shakakai

All of which are almost all gone.
I am having the hardest time finding Kalpi Tone online. People are asking 7 - 11 dollars for it. I purchased mine for 3.99 but my indian grocer no longer carries it :wallbash:

If I cannot find it than I will mix up Amla, Brahmi, Shakakai and Groorej Powders.

My indian grocer has some other powders there that are already mixed. Hopefully they will have something similar to the Kalpi Tone.

starting pix in siggy...

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate-LB

Hi Ladies,

I would love to join this challenge but I have braids. Is there a regimen in which I could incorporate the powders and have it work with my current style? If anyone has any suggestions I am so with it!!!!

PuffyBrown

Maybe you can make a tea. If you have a coffee pot that you are no longer using you can put the powders into a coffee filter and brew like you are making coffee. Then, put on hair in shower and massage and rinse.
Not sure if that would work but sounds like a good suggestion.

[q uote=Hot Chocolate-LB;6322547]Hi Ladies,

I would love to join this challenge but I have braids. Is there a regimen in which I could incorporate the powders and have it work with my current style? If anyone has any suggestions I am so with it!!!![/quote]

Loves Harmony

Maybe you can make a tea. If you have a coffee pot that you are no longer using you can put the powders into a coffee filter and brew like you are making coffee. Then, put on hair in shower and massage and rinse.
Not sure if that would work but sounds like a good suggestion.

[q uote=Hot Chocolate-LB;6322547]Hi Ladies,

I would love to join this challenge but I have braids. Is there a regimen in which I could incorporate the powders and have it work with my current style? If anyone has any suggestions I am so with it!!!!
[/quote]

sound like a great ieda i will try .

Shell's Wash Mix
2 tablespoons of shikakai
3 tablespoons of amla
Mix together with warm water and let sit for 5-15 minutes. Use as a paste. Apply to scalp and hair, distribute/massage very gently, and let sit for 5-15 minutes. Massage gently again and then rinse thoroughly.
Pre-washing oiling is advised anytime you use shikakai. Follow this up with an AVC rinse and some post wash oiling.
on wash days

PuffyBrown

IMHO I would not use as a paste if you have braids. That might be too difficult to rinse out and could potentially damage your hair. If I were in your situation I would make the tea and strain it from having any residue in it. You could add some oil to it and let set on your head for a few minutes.

sound like a great ieda i will try .

Shell's Wash Mix
3 tablespoons of amla
Mix together with warm water and let sit for 5-15 minutes. Use as a paste. Apply to scalp and hair, distribute/massage very gently, and let sit for 5-15 minutes. Massage gently again and then rinse thoroughly.
Pre-washing oiling is advised anytime you use shikakai. Follow this up with an AVC rinse and some post wash oiling.
on wash days[/quote]

KPH

House Head

:grin::grin::grin:I'M IN AND I'M DOING MEDMUNKY'S REGI.

Loves Harmony

Shell's Wash Mix
3 tablespoons of amla
on wash days[/quote]

Im in love! It made my hair so soft...... Ive also made some shikakai conditioner for my co washes.....