6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

Aspire

OK - Ayurvedic tip: Earlier this month I read on one of the threads that someone had used Amla oil to stop shedding. So I have been shedding like crazy for the last month. I soaked my hair in Amla oil, put on my plastic cap and went to bed. I rinsed and used my Shikakai bar the next day. That was yesterday. Today? No shedding and my hair feels great.

I had dropped of with my Amla oil over the last several weeks and had been using CO to seal. Now I am using a mixture of both.

HTH!!

flowinlocks

OK - Ayurvedic tip: Earlier this month I read on one of the threads that someone had used Amla oil to stop shedding. So I have been shedding like crazy for the last month. I soaked my hair in Amla oil, put on my plastic cap and went to bed. I rinsed and used my Shikakai bar the next day. That was yesterday. Today? No shedding and my hair feels great.

I had dropped of with my Amla oil over the last several weeks and had been using CO to seal. Now I am using a mixture of both.

HTH!!

Ahhh, another Ayurvedic success story.

Lita

HTH!!

For me CO works better in the spring & summer...Amla oil works for me in fall & winter..

Glad Amla oil work out..

Happy Hair Growing!

Aggie

HTH!!

I agree with FL, great story, thanks for sharing Aspire.

Aggie

Okay ladies, after using all the powders in my arsenal, I have come to a conclusion. I have a few staple powders that I will keep on using and the others, I will simply use them up but will not be recplacing them.

Here are my staple powders:

Henna
Indigo
Kalpi Tone (has all the powders I need for a rinse or a paste treatment)
Amla (love this in my henna mixes)
Bhringraj (moisturizing and goes well with my dosha)
Fenugreek (keeping for the slip)

I will not be replacing:

Hibiscus petal powder
Shikakai
Orange Leaf
Tulsi
Neem
brahmi
Heenara

For my skin, I think the Skin Tone-up is enough.

As for the oils, I still like amla, brahmi, bhringraj and coconut oils. I may not have them all in my arsenal all at once but they are the ones I choose to continue using. My hair responds well to using all of these oils.

I am not crazy about shikakai oil so I will not be repurchasing it once I run out.

flowinlocks

Okay ladies, after using all the powders in my arsenal, I have come to a conclusion. I have a few staple powders that I will keep on using and the others, I will simply use them up but will not be recplacing them.

Here are my staple powders:

Henna
Indigo
Kalpi Tone (has all the powders I need for a rinse or a paste treatment)
Amla (love this in my henna mixes)
Bhringraj (moisturizing and goes well with my dosha)
Fenugreek (keeping for the slip)

I will not be replacing:

Hibiscus petal powder
Shikakai
Orange Leaf
Tulsi
Neem
brahmi
Heenara

For my skin, I think the Skin Tone-up is enough.

As for the oils, I still like amla, brahmi, bhringraj and coconut oils. I may not have them all in my arsenal all at once but they are the ones I choose to continue using. My hair responds well to using all of these oils.

I am not crazy about shikakai oil so I will not be repurchasing it once I run out.

You better be glad you live so far away or I would def. be over in your stash.:yep:

Ltown

Greyland
I did my co wash tea rinse wash it out with Aussie. Love it Flowinlocks great idea. Also did my conditioning rinse too!

Aggie

I have an ayurveda cowash paste of shikakai, brahmi, amla, kalpi tone, neem and orange powders mixed with a little fenugreek tea rinse and some tresemme conditioner. It's on my hair right now and I'm about to wash it out.

flowinlocks

I soaked my hair in Shikakai and Amla oil & let it sit for a few hours then I did my double tea rinse, slathered on AM and got under the steamer.:brainfog::lick:

kasey

I soaked my hair in Shikakai and Amla oil & let it sit for a few hours then I did my double tea rinse, slathered on AM and got under the steamer.:brainfog::lick:

Sounds great. This morning I mixed shikakai, neem and amla powders for tonight's treatment. I so wish I had a steamer.

Aggie

I did a heenara henna gloss treatment earlier today and it was so soft, possibly because of all the no-cone conditioner I added to it.

I DC'ed with some Jason Naturals Sea Kelp Conditioner mixed with coconut oil and a tiny drop of Alterna Enzyme Therapy Hemp Repair conditioner and is about to wash it out right now.

Kellum

I did my regimen last night. I oiled with Vatika, and then made a mix of Shikakai, Amla, Hibiscus, Fenugreek, Brahmi, and Maka. I let it sit on my hair for an hour, rinsed, and cowashed. It didn't even feel like I needed to DC, but I did any how. My hair felt great as always.

Kellum

I did a heenara henna gloss treatment earlier today and it was so soft, possibly because of all the no-cone conditioner I added to it.

I DC'ed with some Jason Naturals Sea Kelp Conditioner mixed with coconut oil and a tiny drop of Alterna Enzyme Therapy Hemp Repair conditioner and is about to wash it out right now.

I love this conditioner. It is one of the ones I used to DC with last night. You need to try the Jason Henna Highlights conditioner. It is another good one. I mix it with the Sea Kelp conditioner, another moisturizing and my protein conditioner and just do one DC. My hair always feels great afterwards.

Aggie

I love this conditioner. It is one of the ones I used to DC with last night. You need to try the Jason Henna Highlights conditioner. It is another good one. I mix it with the Sea Kelp conditioner, another moisturizing and my protein conditioner and just do one DC. My hair always feels great afterwards.

Yeah I love this line of conditioners myself. I have the Sea Kelp, Jojoba, Biotin, Apricot, the Thin To Thick with Biotin, the Jojoba & Lemongrass for color treated hair, the 84% Aloe vera, and Lavender all in this line.

I don't have the Henna Highlights though. For some reason, it never peaked my interest. I bought Nature's Gate Hemp Nourishing Conditioner and I highly recommend that one too.

Ozma

I am DCing today with Vatika Oil+Lustrasilk. I am going to add Brahmi Amla oil+garlic powder for the last 30 minutes.

flowinlocks

Wow this thread has gotten hidden in the back! I did a fenugreek rinse today.

I was just thinking the same thing. I have been doing my usual oiling, tea rinsing, and using my poo bar. I'm off tommorrow so I'll be doing a double tea rinse with steam.

simcha

I infused some coconut oil with Amla and am in love. I oiled my scalp and hair before I washed it with a tea rinse (bhringeraj, shikakai, aritha), conditioned in the shower with Mixed Chicks and sealed with Argan Oil, air-dried and silk-wrapped and all I can say is wow. I can't stop touching my hair.

Dnig ding ding - we have a winner!

Kellum

I'm spritzing my braids daily to every other day with my tea. I will do my full regimen at the end of this week. After that I will take a break since I will be doing my touch up the first weekend in Dec.

Ltown

Greyland
I was just thinking the same thing. I have been doing my usual oiling, tea rinsing, and using my poo bar. I'm off tommorrow so I'll be doing a double tea rinse with steam.

I guess we're coming to the end of being important since it been a year:lachen: Congrats on winning that steamer. I've had mine for a couple of months but yesterday it started giving me problems, something blocking the tube so steam not coming through the hood.

Lyoness

I did a rinse and noticed the bath has slighty stained from the powders, has this happened to anyone else? I've tried various cleaners and there's still a tint :(

flowinlocks

I guess we're coming to the end of being important since it been a year:lachen: Congrats on winning that steamer. I've had mine for a couple of months but yesterday it started giving me problems, something blocking the tube so steam not coming through the hood.

Thanks, sorry to hear about yours. Is it under warranty?

flowinlocks

I did a rinse and noticed the bath has slighty stained from the powders, has this happened to anyone else? I've tried various cleaners and there's still a tint :(

I haven't had this problem. I do know the Magic Eraser is good for making my tub sparkle. Maybe you could try that with some Comet.