3 Month Ayurveda Challenge

sheba1

Ok, I have no idea how to do this comparison photo thing. So I'll post my pics from 12-14 in this message and my pics from this morning and a couple of days ago in the next.

So these are the oldies!

Attachments

• 121408.jpg
    121408.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 121408bang.jpg
    121408bang.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 121408stretch.jpg
    121408stretch.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 95

Platinum

Ok, I have no idea how to do this comparison photo thing. So I'll post my pics from 12-14 in this message and my pics from this morning and a couple of days ago in the next.

So these are the oldies!

Great pics, Sheba!:clap: I won't be able to post pics until next month, I'm still in braids.

OP, do you plan to continue this challenge?

Last edited:

sheba1

And here are the newbies.

back.JPG

cheese.JPG

These are from a flat twist out. I think I've had some growth.

1cheese.jpg

1back.jpg

shine2.jpg

I've definitely never had shine like this before.

Hey, I figured out how to put them in the message! lol Ok, so next time I won't need two posts to show my progress. lol

I believe ayurveda has helped my hair to get thicker and more manageable. The shine is outrageous and my hair is just so healthy. I see no reason to stop, ever.

Platinum

Hey, I figured out how to put them in the message! lol Ok, so next time I won't need two posts to show my progress. lol

I believe ayurveda has helped my hair to get thicker and more manageable. The shine is outrageous and my hair is just so healthy. I see no reason to stop, ever.

:thud: All of that in 3 months? Amazing!

sheba1

:thud: All of that in 3 months? Amazing!

Awww :blush: thanks, Platinum. I've never made anyone thud before. :grin:

Yeah, I'm really excited, too. You should have seen my hair when I tried to unsuccessfully straighten it 8 months ago. Nothing like this time. It was thin and dull. My bf didn't know "what had been attempted; only that something had gone horribly wrong". See the quotes? Yeah, he said that. lol

So I'm glad that my hair is taking on a silkier appearance and appears to be moisturized and healthy. I am loving this journey and I'm really in love with my hair. :drunk:

MissMusic

View attachment 28311

View attachment 28313

View attachment 28315

View attachment 28317

View attachment 28319

GREAT Progress! Wow! I can't wait to see more!

MissMusic

If I could make a request. Ladies when you reveal, please answer these questions:

How did Ayurveda effect the texture and feel of your hair?
Was using Ayurveda more work than using non-Ayurvedic products?
How did you include Ayurvedic products in your regimen these last three months?

that_1_grrrl

I just did a trim, so not pictures, sorry. But I will reveal the state of my hair.

For me, the texture did not change. It looked better, but it did not change. My hair felt so soft. I mean, I have never felt this type of soft before Ayurveda. It is awesome. :) I am trying to find something to liken it to. Ooo, kind of like the fibers of a feather.

Not really. It becomes part of the routine and is easy to do. You can make a paste or a tea rinse. It's really simple.

Well, I did tea rinses after I DC'ed every Wednesday and Sunday. I use coconut oil and vatika oil to seal and to do tea rinses. Sometimes, I will even throw in some amla oil.

Denise11

I just tried the amla powder last night. My hair felt a little stronger or softer. I cant really decide. But i know there was some differnce there. Am I supposed to feel a great difference right away or is it cumulative?

Rain20

So you wont have to go through all the comments, how about a separate thread to post results ?
Rain20

sheba1

If I could make a request. Ladies when you reveal, please answer these questions:

Gladly! Ayurveda caused my hair to become fuller but more manageable. The first time I did a prepoo with Amla oil and detangled before washing I was sold. I knew immediately that if it didn't do anything more than help with detangling I would do it forever. Since then, my hair is also feeling silkier to the touch. I just :heart: touching my hair, now, so I keep it pinned up or braided up. I use my wash days as my opportunities to have my fill of hair rubbing! :spinning:

I don't feel that Ayurveda is any more difficult than anything else. The great thing is you can add and subtract things until you find the right blend for you. I started out doing the rinses. I used to prepoo with Amla oil, rinse with the tea, wash with Dr. Bronner's shikakai soap, and add a mixture of herbs to my DC (sometimes). Once a week I make a moisture mix out of a blend of ayurvedic herbs (tea) and add glycerine, conditioner and silk amino acids. This mix is also my leave-in and I keep it in the fridge. When in braids I just drenched my hair with this mix every other day or so and sealed with a mixture of vatika and castor oil. After a while I nixed the tea rinsing since I was using the tea moisturizing leave in. I kept everything else. I did a few hennas when my hair was not braided. And that's pretty much it.

My tea mix started out as shikakai and brhingaraj. Those were the first herbs I could get my hands on. But now I use a mix of brhingaraj, amla, henna and brahmi. Just a teaspoon each is enough for the week. At this rate, the stuff will last forever!

I mostly where wigs right now. I keep my hair in medium sized individuals underneath and wash and condition them as if my hair was loose. I like this because I have less manipulation and I can remove shed hairs with my denman for each braid during the take down. I take them down once a month and then rebraid.

Does this sound like a lot? I don't know, it's not to me, but my bf says I'm nuts. lol. But I think I spend more time on this site perusing ideas than actually doing anything with my hair. And anyways, I like it so I'm gonna keep doin it! :D

flowinlocks

View attachment 28311

View attachment 28313

View attachment 28315

View attachment 28317

View attachment 28319

Wow great progress!!!

sheba1

............................................................... deleted post

Last edited:

Jaxhair

If there's a new challenge starting please add me? I'm still tweaking my routine though I use ayurvedic herbs and oils randomly but at least 4x/wk. Many thanks!!