4 Month Ayurveda Challenge!

Aspire

Been traveling for work all week. Finally home. Sitting here now with Amla/Kalpi Tone/Henna/Cassia with Mahabhirjani oil (sp) in it. DC'd prior with AOHR mixed with JBCO. About to rinse it out.

Aggie

Wow, nobody has posted in a few days.

Monday I dced with Silicone mix, AM, Brahmi, Bhrinjraj, Nettle, Horsetail, Fenugreek extract,& Rosemary eo. I sealed with my Vatika cocktail & Brahmi oil.

Wednesday I pooed with my Shikakai bar & cond. with Aussie Deep.:lick:
I sealed with Gro Aut oil, and Hairveda Shikakai oil.

Today I cowashed with Suave Humectant, I will seal with Grow Aut, Shikakai, & Sesa oil.
I know FL, I'm in waist length extension braids, just got home from a 2 week trip to the US and now trying to settle back in. I probably won't be doing anything aurvedic until my braids are down.

Platinum

I haven't been using my Ayurvedic products lately.:wallbash: I've decided to transition to natural.:grin: I plan to start back on my Brahmi cowashes and Henna treatment to help with the transition. I'm 7 weeks post but I would have been 7 months if I hadn't relaxed back in April.:wallbash::wallbash:

flowinlocks

I know FL, I'm in waist length extension braids, just got home from a 2 week trip to the US and now trying to settle back in. I probably won't be doing anything aurvedic until my braids are down.

Sounds cute, how was your trip?

flowinlocks

Monday I pooed with CV Nettle bar, then I dced with Aussie Moist, Aussie Deep, and Motios CPR.:lick:

Today I pooed with my Shikakai bar & dced with Aussie Moist.

Aspire

Quick check in. Work is crazy. Pre-pooed with Amla/bhjiraniani oil overnight. Pasted today w/Amla, Kalpi Tone and cassia.

Last edited:

Ltown

Greyland
Hello I've been out of country went to Bahamas beautiful and hot! I had cornrows for a week did not wash because my hair frizzy so fast but I did use my amla/coconut spray for moisture. We are almost done ladies great job everyone!

myronnie

So yesterday I did an overnight DC with amla, brahmi, and henna mixed with GVP Conditioning Balm, Aussie Moist, Suave Coconut, and Silk Elements Olive Oil.
In the morning I cowashed with a mixture containing aritha powder. I really like the aritha much better than shampoo. Shampoo makes my hair thin :(

MissMusic

I've been oiling my scalp with Vatika oil 3 times a week. Washing with Shikakai shampoo bar once a week and doing tea rinse once a week.

By the way I will post a results thread July 1st. If anyone would like me to start it sooner let me know.

Ltown

Greyland
I did a cowash with suave(amla/shikaki/hib/meth/maka/brahmi), protein txt with nex emerg/dc yes to carrot and tea rinse with nettle. I used cantu leave in, and sealed with vatika.

pringe

wow i totally fell off. i feel like i havent used any ayurvedic products since about 3 weeks ago. life has been extremely hectic and stressful

Shay72

Natural, 4A
wow i totally fell off. i feel like i havent used any ayurvedic products since about 3 weeks ago. life has been extremely hectic and stressful

You & I are >>>here<<<. I came in here to say the exact same thing. I do plan to make some teas over the weekend and start back up.

Ltown

Greyland
Wow today is the last day of the challenge it been great. I'm glad I join this challenge because it was then I decide to transition to natural. I'm 9months post and ayurveda has made my newgrowth manageable, decrease breakages and soft. I'll love ayurveda!

flowinlocks

Wow today is the last day of the challenge it been great. I'm glad I join this challenge because it was then I decide to transition to natural. I'm 9months post and ayurveda has made my newgrowth manageable, decrease breakages and soft. I'll love ayurveda!

I totally agree, Ayurveda has improved the overall health of my hair, I still have a long way to go, but I'm hooked for life.

flowinlocks

You & I are >>>here<<<. I came in here to say the exact same thing. I do plan to make some teas over the weekend and start back up.

I'm so lazy/busy I think I only made tea a few times this go round. Near the end it's only been the Shikakai bar & the oils.

MissMusic

No worries ladies, I will begin another ayurveda challenge tomorrow so you will have the chance to get back on the band wagon.

joib

Wow , it's the end of the road already? I haven't checked in lately but still doing my Ayurveda cowashes. Last night I did a prepoo with Amla and bhring oil. My hair seems to be breaking and extremely dry. I wonder if I am putting too much powder in my cowashes:rolleyes:?

flowinlocks

Wow , it's the end of the road already? I haven't checked in lately but still doing my Ayurveda cowashes. Last night I did a prepoo with Amla and bhring oil. My hair seems to be breaking and extremely dry. I wonder if I am putting too much powder in my cowashes:rolleyes:?

How much/what kind are you using?

rben

This challenge has been great for me and it's the first one I've been able to keep to! I'll post my results later as I took my pics a bit early since I joined the hide your hair challenge on the 15th.

Platinum

I'm in braids now so I'm not sure how much progress I've had lately. Ayurveda helped with the overall condition of my hair and has made it easier for me to stretch relaxers. Now that I'm transitioning back to natural, I'm planning to continue using Ayurvedic products.

I plan to join the next challenge as well.:grin: