4 Month Ayurveda Challenge!

hurricane

Not in this challenge but I have decided to only use the moisturizing powders :

1. Brahmi ( paste )
2. Henna for conditioning/color

May use aritha/shakiki every 3 months or so

Only use shampoo during my salon visits every 3 weeks.

Good Luck to you all. Can't wait to your pics.

Aggie

I'm on a 2 week trip to Nebraska and won't be using the powders until I return home but I will try to keep an eye on you ladies by checking in periodically. Good luck until I can join you again by the midle of June. I am currently wearing extension braids but I will be using my famous rinse to spritz it with:yep:.

flowinlocks

I'm on a 2 week trip to Nebraska and won't be using the powders until I return home but I will try to keep an eye on you ladies by checking in periodically. Good luck until I can join you again by the midle of June. I am currently wearing extension braids but I will be using my famous rinse to spritz it with:yep:.

Have a safe & fun trip. See you when you get back.

Shay72

Natural, 4A

I hope you have a fantastic trip.

Aspire

I tried something totally new this week, and I think it is a winner!!

So. . . . I thought I would share. This worked beautifully for my incredibly fine hair.

I purchased a can of coconut milk (Tai Kitchen). These were my steps:

1. DC'd with AO HR and creme from the top of the coconut milk the day before the powder mix.
  2. Then I used the liquid coconut milk to make my powder paste.
  3. That evening I oiled with Amla/Shikakai oils before bed
  4. The next day I applied the powder mixture
  5. DC with ORS
  6. Giovanni Direct
  7. Seal with caster/amla

The addition of the coconut milk added a lot of moisture to my hair. My hair does not like CO left on, but it seems to do well when it is rinsed out.

I will be adding the coconut 1-2 times per month.

hurricane

So. . . . I thought I would share. This worked beautifully for my incredibly fine hair.

1. DC'd with AO HR and creme from the top of the coconut milk the day before the powder mix.
  5. DC with ORS
  6. Giovanni Direct
  7. Seal with caster/amla
The addition of the coconut milk added a lot of moisture to my hair. My hair does not like CO left on, but it seems to do well when it is rinsed out.

Sounds good. I may try that coconut mixture with my brahmi powder.

Ltown

Greyland
Aggie, seen the pics very nices! Enjoy your vacation.

flowinlocks

5. DC with ORS
  6. Giovanni Direct
  7. Seal with caster/amla

I looked at coconut milk a few times & and past it up. I might try adding it in my powder mixture. Thanks for the review.

Aspire

Sounds good. I may try that coconut mixture with my brahmi powder.

I looked at coconut milk a few times & and past it up. I might try adding it in my powder mixture. Thanks for the review.

It definitely worked for me. I air dried after and my hair is still soft and my NG feels good too. :yep:

Hope it works well for you ladies!!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I love coconut milk! I think I may experiment with cream of coconut too. I see that when I go to the store.

flowinlocks

Sunday I washed with my Shikakai bar, dc with AM, then sealed with Castor oil and my Vatika Cocktail.
Tuesday I dced on dry hair with Cholesterol, Suave Humectant, Brahmi, Bhringraj, Nettle, Horsetail, Amla, a few drops of Rosemary eo, & Fenugreek extract. Then air dried a sealed with Hairveda Shikakai oil, Bhrami oil, & S curl.
Today I Shampooed again with the Shikakai bar, sigh......... I love this bar. Then I dc with AM , then sealed with Vatika Cocktail, Bhrami oil, & Castor oil.

Last edited:

Ltown

Greyland
Sunday I washed with my Shikakai bar, dc with AM, then sealed with Castor oil and my Vatika Cocktail.
Tuesday I dced on dry hair with Cholesterol, Suave Humectant, Bhrami, Bhringraj, Nettle, Horsetail, Amla, a few drops of Rosemary eo, & Fenugreek extract. Then air dried a sealed with Hairveda Shikakai oil, Bhrami oil, & S curl.
Today I Shampooed again with the Shikakai bar, sigh......... I love this bar. Then I dc with AM , then sealed with Vatika Cocktail, Bhrami oil, & Castor oil.
Flowinlocks, so the shikaki bar is not as drying as the powder? Where did you get your online?

GirlTalk

Wednesday I did Amla paste w/ EOs & 3 Ayurvedic oils. I moisurized with Komaza shea butter lotioned & sealed w/ JBCO.

Aspire

Tuesday I dced on dry hair with Cholesterol, Suave Humectant, Bhrami, Bhringraj, Nettle, Horsetail, Amla, a few drops of Rosemary eo, & Fenugreek extract. Then air dried a sealed with Hairveda Shikakai oil, Bhrami oil, & S curl.

OK. I really have to try this Aussi Moist conditioner. I think I have much of my regimen down, but I am not crazy about my DC (ORS). I used Ellin Lavar prior to LHCF, but I am leery of the cones since I am not actually shampooing. I have yet to find one I like as much.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I asked this before and I believe it was agreed it was a good mix but I want to know about the ratios.

2 boxes of kalpi tone
1 box of fenugreek (methi)

It will be a tea rinse. Thoughts?

flowinlocks

Flowinlocks, so the shikaki bar is not as drying as the powder? Where did you get your online?

I was so afraid of this, girl you shoulda saw me the first time I used it. I have to admit it does leave a really weird feeling on the hair (when wet only)kinda waxy. The trick is to make SURE THE HAIR IS OILED FROM ROOT TO TIP. I never purposely prepoo overnight, because I oil my hair on a daily anyway & it's usually full of Cantu Shea from being in a bun. To answer your question , I would say to me no. Because even with oiled hair the Powder is still drying on my hair even in small doses. The bar? Well lets just say you could have NEVER told me I would be using this twice week, my hair feels so good afterwards I actually want to use it more, but I don't want to overdo a good thing . I usually get in the shower, wet my hair, lather my bar in my hands, gently suds my scalp and pull it thru the ends. Don't be alarmed by the coated feeling. Then I repeat this process except I kinda suds the whole head this time. I DON'T MANIPULATE THE HAIR ALL AROUND, like you would normally poo, I keep it laying back and gently suds from root to tip. I rinse well and saturate with AM till the end of my shower. When I rinse the cond. out the waxy feeling goes with it. And omg my hair feels buttery soft. Even when it dries. I notice my hair feels ropelike with almost no shedding during detangling. I have the regular Swastik bar from the Indian grocers. I would like to try some other variations and brands, but I couldn't convince myself to pay $12.00 online. I wanted 2 bars and it was gonna be $1.99 per bar, plus $8.00 shipping.:nono: I paid $ 1.49 each at the store. I'm sorry for the long for the post, but I figured I'd give a review for anyone who finds the powder too drying and would like to give the bars a shot.

Ltown

Greyland
I was so afraid of this, girl you shoulda saw me the first time I used it. I have to admit it does leave a really weird feeling on the hair (when wet only)kinda waxy. The trick is to make SURE THE HAIR IS OILED FROM ROOT TO TIP. I never purposely prepoo overnight, because I oil my hair on a daily anyway & it's usually full of Cantu Shea from being in a bun. To answer your question , I would say to me no. Because even with oiled hair the Powder is still drying on my hair even in small doses. The bar? Well lets just say you could have NEVER told me I would be using this twice week, my hair feels so good afterwards I actually want to use it more, but I don't want to overdo a good thing . I usually get in the shower, wet my hair, lather my bar in my hands, gently suds my scalp and pull it thru the ends. Don't be alarmed by the coated feeling. Then I repeat this process except I kinda suds the whole head this time. I DON'T MANIPULATE THE HAIR ALL AROUND, like you would normally poo, I keep it laying back and gently suds from root to tip. I rinse well and saturate with AM till the end of my shower. When I rinse the cond. out the waxy feeling goes with it. And omg my hair feels buttery soft. Even when it dries. I notice my hair feels ropelike with almost no shedding during detangling. I have the regular Swastik bar from the Indian grocers. I would like to try some other variations and brands, but I couldn't convince myself to pay $12.00 online. I wanted 2 bars and it was gonna be $1.99 per bar, plus $8.00 shipping.:nono: I paid $ 1.49 each at the store. I'm sorry for the long for the post, but I figured I'd give a review for anyone who finds the powder too drying and would like to give the bars a shot.
I appreciate the detail it never too much information when you are learning new things and techniques. Thank you

Ltown

Greyland
I have not posted anything about my routine in a while but nothing has change I'm still using the same products: oils are amla, jasmine, coconut, and neems. Powders: amla,hib,meth,brahmi, maka, shak for co wash with vo5 or am or suave, which ever I grab. Tea rinse: hib,amla,maka,brahmi. I use vatika or plain coconut and shea butter to seal/moist.

MissMusic

Exactly how I would describe it.

flowinlocks

Wow, nobody has posted in a few days.

Monday I dced with Silicone mix, AM, Brahmi, Bhrinjraj, Nettle, Horsetail, Fenugreek extract,& Rosemary eo. I sealed with my Vatika cocktail & Brahmi oil.

Wednesday I pooed with my Shikakai bar & cond. with Aussie Deep.:lick:
I sealed with Gro Aut oil, and Hairveda Shikakai oil.

Today I cowashed with Suave Humectant, I will seal with Grow Aut, Shikakai, & Sesa oil.

Love Always

For the ladies that are co-washing with their powders, are you oiling your scalp first and then follow up with co-washing? Also, when co-washing are you massaging your scalp or just letting the conditoner sit on your hair, as in letting the conditioner penetrate throughout your hair :look:?

flowinlocks

For the ladies that are co-washing with their powders, are you oiling your scalp first and then follow up with co-washing? Also, when co-washing are you massaging your scalp or just letting the conditoner sit on your hair, as in letting the conditioner penetrate throughout your hair :look:?

My scalp and hair are usually oiled. I don't massage my scalp/hair with the powders in. This is a nono.:nono: You don't want to manipulate the hair with the powders in. I usually make a conditioning mud pack with, powders, cond,and sometimes a little oil. I part my hair and apply the mixture as I would a touch up, to ng only. (this is on dry hair). Then I pull it through the ends.

Last edited:

Ltown

Greyland
Wow, nobody has posted in a few days.

Monday I dced with Silicone mix, AM, Brahmi, Bhrinjraj, Nettle, Horsetail, Fenugreek extract,& Rosemary eo. I sealed with my Vatika cocktail & Brahmi oil.

Wednesday I pooed with my Shikakai bar & cond. with Aussie Deep.:lick:
I sealed with Gro Aut oil, and Hairveda Shikakai oil.

Today I cowashed with Suave Humectant, I will seal with Grow Aut, Shikakai, & Sesa oil.
Flowin, I was thinking the same thing and think we are winding down to the end of this challenge. This week I use amla/shik,hib/brahmi/maka/fen for co wash in suave did a protein silicone mix, dc yes to carrot. Nettle tea rinse, moisturize with shea butter mix and vatika

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Yeah, somehow I didn't use anything ayurvedic this week. Work has been a hectic mess. I will get back on it next week.