6 Month Ayurveda Challenge

simcha

I haven't had this problem. I do know the Magic Eraser is good for making my tub sparkle. Maybe you could try that with some Comet.

If your tub is old and the surface is etched that would happen. Is it cast iron or fiberglass? Mine is a cast iron tub from the 1930's and is etched. I use a Magic Eraser to get it clean.

zenith

I have applied a mix of bramla, kalpi tone and neem paste. I do have braids on.
I have been keeping my regimen simple. Lots of oiling, co-washing and applying pastes.

Aggie

I have been oiling and massaging my scalp with coconut oil. I love this oil because it really absorbs well into the scalp, kinda reminds me of jojoba oil.

Galadriel

I made a concoction of coconut milk (the congealed part, not the liquid) mixed with honey, babassu oil, argan (Moroccan) oil, and horsetail. I baggied with it overnight and rinsed this morning. I think this gave a great protein boost for my hair, so I moisturized with my good old Amla Hair Butter and some coconut oil and right now I'm sitting w/ a deep conditioner on my head. Anyone willing to try this, this is definitely a big protein boost--so be careful! I must note however, how strong my hair feels and it had a beautiful shine that you could especially see in the sunlight.

Mahalialee4

Curry? (How is that workin' for ya?) I know the odor is powerful so I hope it does something powerful in terms of growth or SUMPTHIN! LOLOLOL

flowinlocks

Well we're coming down the home stretch ladies. I'm 6 wks. post and I have a sea of ng. Well in some areas.:perplexed Anyway I have been tea rinsing and cond. away. I hope I'm APL when I relax.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I'm doing an amla rinse 1x/wk and double tea rinsing with my strenghtening rinse followed by my conditioning rinse 1x/wk.

MissMusic

The Challenge is almost over ladies!!!

18 Days and Counting!

So put your ayurvedic cap on and hit it hard for maximum results!

flowinlocks

Massaged my scalp with my homemade Bhringraj/Fenugreek oil last night. This moring I massaged again with Shikakai oil and my sample oil from Apala.

kasey

I'm not officially in the challenge, but I did my weekly paste treatment today at the gym. Yep. I mixed up one teaspoon each of shikakai, neem and henna with two teaspoons of amla took it to the gym in a plastic jar. After class I massaged it through my hair while in the shower. I covered my hair with a damp towel and hung out in the sauna for 15 minutes. I rinsed, put on some DC, went back into the sauna for about 10 minutes then rinsed out at home. It was a big time saver.

Ronnieaj

I haven't posted in FOREVER, but I've been consistently using my powders and oils the whole time :grin::yep:. Yesterday I clarified and made a cassia gloss treatment, mixing cassia, amla, brahmi, maka and hibiscus with Humectress and a small dose of K-Pak (both GVP), some molasses and coconut oil. I let process under heat for 30 minutes and without for another 2 hours.

I rinsed, cowashed with Hairveda Amala cream rinse, then followed with my new acv rinse. I boiled water, let chill with hibiscus, maka and fenugreek infused, then added aloe vera juice and acv, and some honeyquat. My hair was SILLY soft after rinsing, and is loving the acv rinse.

My hair has grown 1.5 inches SHRUNKEN since June of this year, and I attribute a lot of it to ayurveda and keepin it twisted up. Thank you SO MUCH for introducing me to this wonderful hair care :grin::grin::grin:!!!!

flowinlocks

I haven't posted in FOREVER, but I've been consistently using my powders and oils the whole time :grin::yep:. Yesterday I clarified and made a cassia gloss treatment, mixing cassia, amla, brahmi, maka and hibiscus with Humectress and a small dose of K-Pak (both GVP), some molasses and coconut oil. I let process under heat for 30 minutes and without for another 2 hours.

I rinsed, cowashed with Hairveda Amala cream rinse, then followed with my new acv rinse. I boiled water, let chill with hibiscus, maka and fenugreek infused, then added aloe vera juice and acv, and some honeyquat. My hair was SILLY soft after rinsing, and is loving the acv rinse.

My hair has grown 1.5 inches SHRUNKEN since June of this year, and I attribute a lot of it to ayurveda and keepin it twisted up. Thank you SO MUCH for introducing me to this wonderful hair care :grin::grin::grin:!!!!

Your rinse sounds :lick:, glad to hear your hair is responding so well.:yep:

Ozma

I have one last henna treatment this year; probably next Sunday. I am using AfroVeda products now, and am very pleased with the results. The Hibiscus Hair Infusion Oil is a great way to get my ayurvedic powders without mixing them myself.

Kellum

I fell off bad these last couple of weeks. Initially I thought I would be doing my touch up the beginning of Dec, but got crazy busy. I wanted to take a break from the powders before my relaxer. I haven't started back yet. It been at least a good 3 weeks. I plan on doing my touch up this weekend and starting back next weekend.

It will be a year that I have been doing my Ayurvedic regimen. I believe I started towards the end of Dec. 2008. I remember when I was lurking there were tons of Ayurveda threads daily. I became intrigued and started playing around with them. I am glad I did because my hair has never been better. I will continue to use them for life.

MissMusic

Question for EVERYONE!
Would you ladies like me to continue doing Ayurveda challenges?
If so are the rules still good, or should I change them?
How about another 4 month challenge?
Any suggestions?

Thanks for the Feedback!

flowinlocks

I think it's a good idea to continue the challenges, however I most likely will not be joining the next one. Only because I joined the first 2 to get acquainted with Ayurveda and to commit myself to using it regularly. Now I'm hooked!! I'm in for life! So I'll most likely be rooting everyone on from the sidelines. These challenges are a wonderful resource to gain knowledge on Ayurveda products and compare hands on techniques and recipes from challenge members. It's also a great place to land and share success stories. This year has been a blast!! Since finding Ayurveda/LHCF my hair is the healthiest it's ever been.:yep: I can't wait to see everyone's update pics.:grin: HHG ladies!!

Ltown

Greyland
I think it's a good idea to continue the challenges, however I most likely will not be joining the next one. Only because I joined the first 2 to get acquainted with Ayurveda and to commit myself to using it regularly. Now I'm hooked!! I'm in for life! So I'll most likely be rooting everyone on from the sidelines. These challenges are a wonderful resource to gain knowledge on Ayurveda products and compare hands on techniques and recipes from challenge members. It's also a great place to land and share success stories. This year has been a blast!! Since finding Ayurveda/LHCF my hair is the healthiest it's ever been.:yep: I can't wait to see everyone's update pics.:grin: HHG ladies!!

I agree with Flowinlocks, been in for the last 2 challenge. Maybe call it newbie ayurveda challenge. I'm in for life too!