4 Month Ayurveda Challenge!

MissMusic

Ayurveda Challenge #2!
Join this great bandwagon, you will NOT regret it! The benefits are endless.

This Challenge Begins March 1 and ends June 30
The Last Day to Sign up for this challenge is March 15th

The Rules:
1. No Direct Heat
2. You must use at least two Auyrvedic oils
3. You must use at least two Auyrvedic powders
4. 2 Heat Passes (I'm feeling generous)

Any takers!

For those who want to join, but don't know where to start:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...d.php?t=183305
The previous challenge thread is here:
http://longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=310841
The current results thread is here:
http://longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=343331

Challengers:
theprincess098
Denise11
Elis829
joib
flowinlocks
LadyD2u
shae101s
sheba1
4mia
kyna323
JetBlackHair
2inspireU
Rosie8604
AVE_One
lusciousladie07
Itown
Platinum
Shay72
rben
Jaxhair
Eisani
crownofglory1985
tatambabyy
tay_luv
Ivy_Santolina
ChamelionChick
jaded_faerie
GirlTalk
Nice&Wavy
knightsqueen
LaBellaDon
Golden75
scarcity21
stepiphanie
phive34
Urban
FeelinIt
Ericka
Mz. Princess
pringe
Queen214
Aspire
BSL2009
alopeciagirl
janeemat
TonicaG
SparkleDoll

Last edited:

joib

I want in. This is just in time. I am going to Berkeley to pick up my products on Saturday

joib

Ok, I just finished reading the other thread. Thank god I made dinner first or the family would have been starving. I made a list of products to get so I will only get what I need. Can't wait to start.

flowinlocks

I'm in. I've been doing it so might as well try it officially.
I managed to get 1" in 5 weeks so can't wait to see what I get from now until June.
My starting pic will be the one currently in my siggy.

Wow that's some great progress!!! What were you doing?

luvn_life

i'm in chica!!! But I have a question... I only use vatika oil. is that OK or do I have to add another oil. If it makes up for it I use shikakai, amla, and brahmi powders...:)

Faith

Hey flowinlocks,

I decided to do the brahmi and amla powder mix with my orange pekoe tea and I apply that daily. I strain the grit after I cook it a bit and it has really taken off. I don't rinse it out..I use it like a scalp tonic. Sometimes I mix in some cedarwood and rosemary. I tried it with some coconut oil mixed in there as well but didn't like it. It seems to work better with no oils.

I was also doing scalp masssages daily and 2 out of those 5 weeks I was taking sea kelp and brewers' yeast.

Last edited:

that_1_grrrl

Count me in! I think I might try to do scalp massages with either Vatika or Amla on a daily basis and see if I get any growth from doing that. Yay!

lusciousladie07

i want to join.... if there is anyone in charlotte, nc that can tell me where i good indian shop is that would be great... also could anyone tell me a online i can get them for a good price? TIA

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Okay I want to join but I have some questions first. I want to make sure what I use "qualifies" and I think I may want to add 1-2 powders and would like suggestions.

Currently:
prepoo 2x/wk with Vatika Frosting (don't do scalp massages but will add that to the reggie)
seal daily with Cocasta & Shikaki oil (could do scalp massages with this oil also)
poo with Amala & Shikaki poo at least 1x/monthly

So those count right? I wanted to add powders to my cowashes and dc (like flowinlocks--what do you use?) and wanted suggestions. I'm relaxed and 8 wks post. Plan to stretch to either 17 or 24 wks. Mixing the powders in is just as simple as stirring them in right? How much do I use? Sorry so many questions but I'm not a halfway do it kinda a girl. I prefer to be really informed and adapt as I need to :) ! Also when you suggest powders can you explain the benefits also? TIA.

rben

I'd like to join too. I just started using the powders and oils about 2 weeks ago and my hair has improved already!

MissMusic

i'm in chica!!! But I have a question... I only use vatika oil. is that OK or do I have to add another oil. If it makes up for it I use shikakai, amla, and brahmi powders...:)

I'll let ya slide, but try to add one more oil overtime. Maybe amla, brahmi, shikakai oil or some combination?

MissMusic

i want to join.... if there is anyone in charlotte, nc that can tell me where i good indian shop is that would be great... also could anyone tell me a online i can get them for a good price? TIA

I am all about:
fromnaturewithlove.com

They sell everything for a good price. Sometimes they are out of Brahmi powder, make sure you do not buy the Brahmi Powder that is Gota Kula. The Brahmi powder for hair is bacopa manoiera(or something like that).

Elis829

Hi,

There are two indian groceries that I know of, one is in Pineville, the other is on South Blvd. (i am not sure of what part of Charlotte that is). I will be going today, so I will get the exact addresses for you.