3 Month Ayurveda Challenge

trj1922

For purchasing Ayurvedic powders try kamdarplaza.com. They have a bricks and mortar in Chicago, but sell online too. That's where I get most of my stuff. I've been wanting to try eastwestbazaar.com but I can't personally recommend because I've never used them. I believe they are in Canada and they have a nice selection.

Platinum

I think I'm addicted to Ayurveda.:sekret: I have admit, my hair is a lot healthier since I started using this on a continuing basis.

sheba1

Same here. Its a definite keeper.

Mmmmm, me three! My hair is :lick:. I never knew my hair could behave this way. My goodness, I wish I'd known about this a decade ago when I first went natural!

ETA: I also want to check into the weekly coffee/tea rinses....

Oooh, AtlantaJJ, I just added green tea bags to my brhingaraj tea. I then use the brhingaraj/green tea mixed with glycerine, aloe and some other goodies for daily moisture. Using this mix, I have soft, moist, strong, easily detangled, touchable hair. :yep:

Platinum

I'm DC'ing with a different mix today. ORS Replenshing Pak and TreSemme moisturizing condish with Brahmi, Maka, Amla powders.

Dee Raven

You guys, I'm doing my first henna this morning and I'm so excited. Hopefully I'll have picks of the difference by this afternoon.

2inspireU

I want to join.

I will be using Bhringraj(sp) oil, Amla oil, Shikikai oil, Amla powder, Shikikai powder, Bhrami powder, and Bhringraj powder. I'll pre-poo with with oil overnight. I'll shampoo with 1 TSP of each powder to make a paste or half of that to make a tea rinse.

my starting picture will be my avatar soon.

MissMusic

Month one went by faster than I thought and my hair is really really happy. What about everyone else? Discovered anything new? Happy with Ayureveda?

flowinlocks

I have been using Ayurveda since Oct., but I step my game up in Dec. by adding the powders to my cowashes , at least 2 to 3 times a week. I did a progress shot on Dec. 1'st , I'll be posting another one in my album tonight. I just want to see what kind of difference (if any) a month makes of hardcore Ayurveda:grin:

cicilypayne

I would love to join but I'm not gonna fool myself I can't say no to heat. Not when I'm trying to give up my relaxer addiction..but I'm gonna do everything else. Good luck fellow posters I know this is gonna be one of those challenges that get 300 pages long.

flowinlocks

I have been using Ayurveda since Oct., but I step my game up in Dec. by adding the powders to my cowashes , at least 2 to 3 times a week. I did a progress shot on Dec. 1'st , I'll be posting another one in my album tonight. I just want to see what kind of difference (if any) a month makes of hardcore Ayurveda:grin:

My siggy is my Jan. progress pic. I did use heat to show length, but I promise not to use it again till Mar.:yep: Well I can say my hair DEFIANTLY feels and looks thicker in person, look at last months pic. in my profile album & judge for yourself. I Love Ayurveda!!!!

Platinum

My siggy is my Jan. progress pic. I did use heat to show length, but I promise not to use it again till Mar.:yep: Well I can say my hair DEFIANTLY feels and looks thicker in person, look at last months pic. in my profile album & judge for yourself. I Love Ayurveda!!!!

Great progress!:clap: I know you're going to make APL this year!

that_1_grrrl

I don't really have progress pictures because my length's the same, so need to take pics. I have noticed a change in my hair though. After washing with the powders, my hair feels stronger, softer, and more moist. My hair feels stronger, although I still have some breakage.

I switched from making a paste to doing somewhat of a tea rinse. I basically fill a pitcher with water and add amla, shikakai, and neem to it. Vatika and Coconut oils keep my hair soft, and I love using Vatika oil for styling. It gives me really good definition.

flowinlocks

I don't really have progress pictures because my length's the same, so need to take pics. I have noticed a change in my hair though. After washing with the powders, my hair feels stronger, softer, and more moist. My hair feels stronger, although I still have some breakage.

I switched from making a paste to doing somewhat of a tea rinse. I basically fill a pitcher with water and add amla, shikakai, and neem to it. Vatika and Coconut oils keep my hair soft, and I love using Vatika oil for styling. It gives me really good definition.

I don't think we were suppose to post, I was just curious to see how my hair responded after a month of strong Ayurveda, (been using since Oct., but I really kicked it up last month) in comparison to MT/OCT., but keep it up & your hair will thank you!!!!:yep:

I am having the same results!

that_1_grrrl

I don't think we were suppose to post, I was just curious to see how my hair responded after a month of strong Ayurveda, (been using since Oct., but I really kicked it up last month) in comparison to MT/OCT., but keep it up & your hair will thank you!!!!:yep:

Ah, that's what I get for skimming. lol.

flowinlocks

Yeah, Ayurveda is a keeper. It's cheap, easy, and gives good results. The only negative is that since my hair feels thicker, I feel like doing it less. I'll grab hold of it and think, "Aw man, I gotta do all this?"

Lol, that's what I think when I'm past 10wks. post, but then I think of all the ladies on here with down to there hair from using Ayurveda....... Shoot I just bowed out of the MT/OCT challenge. It's eaiser to mix the powders in with your cond. instead of making pastes when you are thick, The teas great as well.

Forever in Bloom

Oh, man do I need to update! Let's see... I did another henna (exactly 6 weeks since my last) with Rainbow Henna in Black and I :love: the results! My hair looks so much better towards the ends of my hair :drunk: and I'm slowly searching and destroying every single knot and split end.

My hair has never looked better and I think it's in part to using Ayurveda and sticking with one hair care line - Hairveda! My ends used to feel so rough and parched! Since I've been using BJ's products, the moisture level in my hair has increased dramatically. I have been going through my hair everyday - yes, everyday - snipping those pesky offenders out of my head for about 3 months.

Anyway, this past Wednesday night, I oiled my hair and scalp (and massaged and scritched) with Dabur Vatika oil. When I woke up, I then proceeded to rinse the oil from my hair during a 5 minute rinse. I put horsetail (1 tbsp), amla (2 tbsp), and shikakai (1 tbsp) in my old coffee maker so I could get a tea and a paste :yep: This is how I've been doing it since I began using Ayurvedic powders. This amount yielded me enough paste to work with.

I took the coffee filter out with the powder perfectly blended together because of the steam, and of course hot water. I applied the paste to my scalp and hair, and left on for about 20 minutes. I rinsed then applied Moist Condition 24/7 as a deep conditioner under a hooded dryer for 40 minutes with a plastic cap. My hair came out buttery soft and detangled :lick: To finish the rinse, I used my tea last and massaged my scalp for a few seconds, then blotted my hair with a towel. I added some of Hairveda's Whipped Cream by scrunching the product into my ends. I then sealed the moisture in with Vatika Frosting.

I pretty much do this every week (sometimes twice) now. Since beginning this routine, I finger detangle and leave the combs alone unless necessary.

Platinum

I'm 5 weeks post and I have 1/2 to 1 inch of NG already. My hair hasn't grown this quick since I started my hair journey. I don't plan to spend a lot of money on growth aids this year. Ayurveda seems to be what I really needed.

I do alot of cowashes and DC's as well.

flowinlocks

I'm 5 weeks post and I have 1/2 to 1 inch of NG already. My hair hasn't grown this quick since I started my hair journey. I don't plan to spend a lot of money on growth aids this year. Ayurveda seems to be what I really needed.

I do alot of cowashes and DC's as well.

Ditto!!! I totally agree!!

MissMusic

Hey ladies, do you know where I can get the powders in bulk? I know of fromnaturewithlove.com, anywhere else? The only one they don't have that I use is Brahmi powder.