BSL 2013 Challenge

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
:welcome: Incognitus!

11 days til length check time ladies!!! :woot: I can't wait to see everyone's progress. I know it's gonna be awesome!

I had a hair dream last night (of course) and when I did a length check around the summer, I was well below BSL already. *sigh* I wish that comes true :lol:

I won't do my length check until the second week of April when I relax. I am always disappointed on relaxer day when I have just recently straightened for a length check, the element of surprise is gone. Relaxer day is like the gold medal of stretching as it is in the Olympics...hard work paying off day.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
@Meritamen have you used a braid spray or anything to soothe your scalp? Maybe cowash them.

Sent from my Android...Boom.
I ended up moisturizing my hair and that seemed to stop the itching. Guess my scalp was dry. :ohwell: Going to cowash this weekend and see if I can go another week. Want to see if I can make it at least a month.

Angelicus

I wouldn't say I had a setback but I did a big cut. Many of you know one side grows so much longer than the other. I kind of evened it out.

So back to square one.

Sent from my LHCF App.

SunySydeofLyfe

I wouldn't say I had a setback but I did a big cut. Many of you know one side grows so much longer than the other. I kind of evened it out.

So back to square one.

Sent from my LHCF App.

Its going to be all good. You've inspired me to go ahead and do some end clipping myself. We are going to make our goal even still and have great ends too!!!

Suny

Evolving78

thank you ladies! so much love in this challenge!

he is here now with me and the first night wasn't too bad. i was such a mess bringing him home. i cried pretty much at every song on the radio! :lol: i felt so emotional and so blessed. i went through a lot of things throughout my pregnancy and now it's over. new life begins for me and my little family!

thank you all for you kinds words and support! things like that can move mountains in someone's life.

oh, i was able to shower and wash my hair! :lol: it's in a bun, nothing special still. i still could use a stronger protein treatment. hopefully, i can get to the beauty supply store.

jprayze

This week I'm wearing a wash n go using MJ's pillow soft curls. I love the consistency of it (lotion) and the way my hair feels and looks (very natural). But the smell...my hair smells Downy Fresh. It's not a bad smell, but it so strong! Still, I think this is my wash n go staple. I'm finding it frustrating that I need a different staple for every style. Today I have more shrinkage than yesterday, but I rushed out this morning and didn't take as much time with applying the product and smoothing.

Maybe this weekend, I will try a roller set. I actually have some free time on my hands and the best part about doing my hair at home, it's FREE!

NikkiQ

I really think my recent "healthy kick" is benefiting my hair as well. Working out 5 days a week, eating healthier, drinking lots of water, and taking my vitamins. Cowashed today after 45min on the elliptical. Nothing felt better than that water let me tell ya! One my hair dries, I'm gonna clip a little off the ends of each braid. Last trim was NYE so it's about time for a dust :yep:

GettingKinky

Here's my braided bun. I like the bun (although I wish it were bigger) but from the front it looks so boring. I need to learn to flat twist or something to make the front look cute.

Attachments

• image-1124973585.jpg
    image-1124973585.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 30

polished07

I wanted to trim this week bc of the farmers almanac but I forgot I'll do it next month I had a bad day yesterday so I took my cornrows down and washed my hair which made me feel better still boo loving Mixed chicks deep condish :) I sectioned my hair and airdromes overnight before braiding it back up for my wig made my rows smaller ill take down at length check time it's the end of march right?

When's the next length check after that ?

NikkiQ

I wanted to trim this week bc of the farmers almanac but I forgot I'll do it next month I had a bad day yesterday so I took my cornrows down and washed my hair which made me feel better still boo loving Mixed chicks deep condish :) I sectioned my hair and airdromes overnight before braiding it back up for my wig made my rows smaller ill take down at length check time it's the end of march right?

When's the next length check after that ?

Next 2 are March 31st and the end of June.

lamaria211

DCing on dry hair overnight with Shea Moisture Deep treatment mask and EVOCO. I love the way this DC feels going on. I'm gonna rinse tomorrow after work

BraunSugar

I trimmed about an inch last night. I now feel pretty confident that my ends are in better condition. I won't be pulling out the scissors again until summer.

NikkiQ

Looks like a lot of us are on the same page with freshening up our ends :yep:

growbaby

C'mon you know the drill... :pics:

Hahaha ok ok.., I thought I'd be able to sneak in unseen with that 1 liner lol. Here is a pic! I think I'll be able to claim it undoubtedly w/ 1 more inch :yep: .. This is makin me wana straighten for out check-ins! :look:

image-3352076355.jpg

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Hahaha ok ok.., I thought I'd be able to sneak in unseen with that 1 liner lol. Here is a pic! I think I'll be able to claim it undoubtedly w/ 1 more inch :yep: .. This is makin me wana straighten for out check-ins! :look:

Girl you know how we roll! Anyway your hair is beautiful and looks BSL from this angle. You are a sneeze away!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

jprayze

U will probably be able to claim at Length check.

Last edited:

jprayze

Looks like a lot of us are on the same page with freshening up our ends :yep:

Wow according to the morrocco method, the spring equinox is the perfect time to trim!

March 20-21 — Spring Equinox
are the best dates to cut for spring and the ultimate dates for shaving one's head.

Also these days are the March dates for Root Work. These dates work directly with the roots to shock the entire growth cycle, effectively aiding your hair and scalp in all aspects of hair growth and scalp improvement.

So guess who will be doing a little dust tonight? After this, the scissors are going away. :)

NikkiQ

View attachment 200511

Ain't no sneaking in here talking about you are reaching BSL without us noticing young lady :spank: You know better! I think the next time you straighten you will definitely be able to claim BSL. I'll be ready to put your graduation month next to your name the minute it happens too :yep: