BSL 2013 Challenge

Phaer

I just cut two inches. So I'm going back to using mega tek to get my length back...

Thanks for reminding me. I still have 2/3 of a bottle left. Time to dig it out. I cut my limpy bsl strands and I want them back (better) by summer.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
*Question of the Day*
(or weekend.whichever lol)

Since length check time is just 9 days away (if you can't check in then, it's absolutely fine. post whenever you're ready :yep: ) how are you ladies planning on measuring? Pull test? Flat iron? Blow out? Comparing hairstyles? Length check shirt? There are so many options!!

I'm doing my LC in mid-April after my salon relaxer. I always have my stylist flat iron my hair then i'll either use my bra or LC t-shirt OR both.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

deedoswell

*Question of the Day*

Since length check time is just 9 days away (if you can't check in then, it's absolutely fine. post whenever you're ready :yep: ) how are you ladies planning on measuring? Pull test? Flat iron? Blow out? Comparing hairstyles? Length check shirt? There are so many options!!

I might have to do my length check this weekend; it's time to wash and love on my hair. Plan on flat-ironing tomorrow so will do mine with bra (and some pull testing too! :lol:)

Ashawn Arraine

*Question of the Day*

I will probably flat iron and do the bra.

Phaer

I will just do a stretched. I am probably right where I started, considering the cut and shed hair. We are finally getting a breather at work, so I don't have to work so many hours, this means I can go back to obsessing about my hair. Lol. I will be more diligent in my hair growth regiment.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
*Question of the Day*

Don't know if I will be able to a length check this go around. I prefer just pulling on a section in the back, sides, and front on scretched hair.

longhairdreaming

*Question of the Day*

Did my relaxer and flat iron today so that'll be my check-in :look:.

newnyer

*Question of the Day*

Won't be able to do my length check until May when I take this sew in out. It'll probably be a blow out because I don't plan on getting a relaxer for awhile longer. It's crazy that I already miss my hair. LOL. Anyway, if all goes well...right after I take out my sew in I'm getting some twists in for my girls' trip- right now the plan is a week in Puerto Rico---NikkiQ that means I'm probably coming your way honey!!

NikkiQ

Won't be able to do my length check until May when I take this sew in out. It'll probably be a blow out because I don't plan on getting a relaxer for awhile longer. It's crazy that I already miss my hair. LOL. Anyway, if all goes well...right after I take out my sew in I'm getting some twists in for my girls' trip- right now the plan is a week in Puerto Rico---NikkiQ that means I'm probably coming your way honey!!

Ohh snap! What part are y'all going to? San Juan?

Sent from my Android...Boom.

newnyer

NikkiQ yea that'll probably be the main spot & we'll do some day trips in other areas during the week. The deets haven't been planned out yet though. It's a shame the 1st thing I wanted to figure out is what I wanted to do w/ my hair. LOL! But I just need a vacay!

praisedancer

*Question of the Day*

I'm actually excited for length check, I haven't flat ironed my hair since December, but I will flat iron it for the length check.

growbaby

*Question of the Day*

I'll probably attempt a pull text then after many unsatisfying pics ill straighten 1 area. Then after having just 1 area straightened go ahead n straighten the rest.. Smh LOL

Mjon912

Washing my hair today, lets see how this goes. . . Currently prepooing, about to wash that out and then deep condition

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
So....I didn't fully drop out (because drama queens/big babies don't just quit, we just cry/drama it out for a little while and then keep it pushing :lachen:)

So while my hair is A LOT shorter, like barely APL :ohwell:, I'm still going to try and thug it out (and by "thug it out" I mean protective styling 24/7 and start using a daily sulphur mix). I want to do a set of mini twists and I needed to stretch my hair, so I finally took the leap and did African Threading and I LOVED IT!!! I will keep this in for a week and then do my mini twists next weekend :grin::grin::grin:

Here are some pics and what not...

On a side note NikkiQ I wanted to hug you, I loved 17 years of my LIFE at the whims of the armed forces and me (and my family) we understand the feelings of alienation and loneliness you get when you move to a foreign place. I know it will get better, trust me, I've been there. I would suggest taking up a Spanish class to not only learn, but meet people and have something to focus on. My mom was adamant about us learning, so I speak Spanish and French and a bit of German now and I thank her everyday!!! Chin up :yep:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
*Question of the Day*

I'll do a pull test with my length check shirt. I already know im nowhere near Bsl yet. I hope to be by August.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
*Question of the Day*

I usually flat iron my hair and compare it to past pics using a strip shirt. I'm hoping I made sum progress. I think I am going to straighten my hair this weekend. I signed up with Herbalife to lose sum lbs so I wanna "doll" myself up abit.

daae

*Question of the Day*

I do want to flat iron but i'm terrible at it.
Pull test it is.

GettingKinky

*Question of the Day*

My last salon appointment was Feb 28 and my next isn't until April 25th so I guess I'll do a pull test for the official check in or maybe just wait until the 25th.

NikkiQ

Taking the Celies down just to put them back into 4 big braids to stretch to bun this weekend.

Does anybody else get that "holy crap! I'm really working on reaching BSL" moment? I do everytime I check into this thread. Like wow! I can't believe it.

Last edited:

BraunSugar

Taking the Celies down just to put them back into 4 big braids to stretch to bun this weekend.

Does anybody else get that "holy crap! I'm really working on reaching BSL" moment? I do everytime I check into this thread. Like wow! I can't believe it.

Other people are the reason I noticed. DH & my MIL have both commented on how much it has grown. My son loves to pull it whenever it's in an out style, so I guess I have his attention too. :look::lol:

It does make me happy though. This is the longest my hair has ever been since I was a child. My hair was about midback length and relaxed and I signed up for swimming lessons. That chlorine chewed my hair up! I was clueless about hair care too (like a lot of us were), and sadly nobody really knew how to deal with my hair while I was swimming. I never bounced back from that. CBL was "long" for me. I'm finally in a good place.

KaramelDiva1978

*Question of the Day*

First NikkiQ big hug to you for doing the wifey thing and having a hard time adjusting. It will get better! And then by that time you won't want to leave. Hang in there and if you ever wanna meet in NOLA I am an hour away, just holla!

Ok so I'll be doing my LC next Thursday after my relaxer and roller wrap. I could probably go another 4 weeks but my stylist was concerned about how much hair I shed during the deep conditioning. But I'm glad the stretches are easier. I will use my trusty LC shirt and maybe pull a little because my ends will be curled. Seeing the BF next weekend so hair must be flawless!!