BSL 2013 Challenge

crlsweetie912

I need to email my photo from my phone....
I'm a little discourage.
But I realize I shouldn't be.
I gained SIGNIFICANT progress on my problem spots (temple and crown) while I was in braids.
But not much length.
I should be happy with that, but it always seems I get around this point and hit a standstill. I'm still pushing. I haven't given up!!!!!

laylaaa

I'm due for a trim this weekend. Cant wait til these starved ends are gone but it still sucks to lose hard won length! :(

On the upside, I noticed that my crown is a lot thicker as a result of protective styling, essential oils and CO. I found a picture from my first week or something, completely forgot about it (so no progress anxiety) and I was pleasantly surprised this morning by the big improvement.

NikkiQ

Workout done and head is drenched right now!! Ugh. Nothing a little condish cleansing can't cure. What what!

DaLady82

I also did a trim. About 1 to 1.5 inches. I am seriously thinking about transitioning again. I did love my natural hair, I just didn't know how to deal with my extremely course texture. It was so freaking thick and crazy course at the same time. And those ssks. But I think I can do better now thanks to lhcf. I just might. Only 9 weeks post, so we will see. Oh, this time if I go through with it, no big chop. I still can't believe I did that.

NikkiQ

I am LOVING this African Pride Olive Miracle oil that I got. Seals my hair very nicely and smells great to boot. Definitely a winner.

GettingKinky

Has anyone noticed that their hair is easier to detangle when using the LOC method to moisturize? I think the oil must make my hair a little more slippery.

Evolving78

still in my bun. nothing to report. people keep asking me do i need anything from the store. i really want somebody to get me a protein treatment. is that bad thing to ask for? :lol:

Guinan

Re-Branding
Has anyone noticed that their hair is easier to detangle when using the LOC method to moisturize? I think the oil must make my hair a little more slippery.

I luv the loc method. I use the loc method when dc

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Guinan

Re-Branding
Workout done and head is drenched right now!! Ugh. Nothing a little condish cleansing can't cure. What what!

I need to up my workout game. Ill be 30 in 4mths & like my body to be in shape wit my hair.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Hiya ladies,

I am really tryin hard to resist straighting my hair this week. I kinda wanna do a pamper thing this weekend; mani/pedi, eyebrows done & straighten my hair. But ill resist & wait until our length check.

On a side note, I cannot get my eating under control, so I decided to sign up with herbalife. Has anyone tried it? I tried the OT section but there wasn't a lot of info. My coworker lost so much weight & is maintaing w/ ww. We shall see if it works for me! I def let y'all know.

Happy growing!:)

NikkiQ

Apparently DH and crew all want to go to the beach this weekend. Guess I'll be busting out the bun again, but putting it higher. Might try the top bun this time.

NikkiQ

I'm so jealous. I love the beach. You are living in my paradise.

Girl I would never suggest living here lol. It would be nice to visit,but I absolutely hate living here. I don't speak Spanish well (you have to speak it to get a job) and everyone here thinks I'm Dominican or PRican so they just start speaking Spanish to me and ignore DH.

Sent from my Android...Boom.

deedoswell

still in my bun. nothing to report. people keep asking me do i need anything from the store. i really want somebody to get me a protein treatment. is that bad thing to ask for? :lol:

No it's not a bad thing to ask for!!! Hopefully someone will not only get it for you but do it for you too!!! You just had a baby you deserve to be pampered!!!:yep:

Carmelella

NikkiQ said:
Girl I would never suggest living here lol. It would be nice to visit,but I absolutely hate living here. I don't speak Spanish well (you have to speak it to get a job) and everyone here thinks I'm Dominican or PRican so they just start speaking Spanish to me and ignore DH.

Well I live NYC in a basically 98% Dominican community and I have the same problem, lol. It's an isolating feeling. This move is temporary for u right?

GettingKinky

Aww I'm sorry you don't like living there. :bighug: Aside from the language part do you like it? Have you tried Rosetta Stone to work on your Spanish?

Iluvsmuhgrass

So I washed and dc'ed my grass. I forgot that I haven't actually combed my hair in about um...... three weeks. I lost between a golf ball to tennis ball amount of hair. Mostly shed. I used Vatika oil to prepoo with and while my hair felt FABULOUS my scalp is cursing me out in several foreign languages. :nono:

I used the split ender that I bought from a member here... and it works. My hair felt alot better afterwards. I did use medium to high heat for a blow out. I don't want to be a "straightened" natural but I may not have a choice. The different textures do battle and my shrinkage is kinda crazy. I am kinda frustrated with my hair and my PCOS so I'm leaving it alone. It seems to be thriving in twists, under wigs. I just wanted to co-wash often but meh... maybe when it's warmer and my system isn't in so much chaos. *sigh* :sad:

Kerryann

Washed, dc and now I'm trying a twist out with flexirods at the ends....I want a curly fro tomorrow lets see how this works. Unfortunately I'm sitting under the dryer to dry the sucker because cold tomorrow I refuse to have wet hair

longhairdreaming

Hey ladies, seems I haven't posted here in a bit:blush:. Just read through and saw we have some BSL ladies-congrats! So I've gone ahead and self-relaxed my hair. I was just glad my hair didn't fall off my hair like it did in my dreams :lachen:
Anyway here's what it looked like when I was all done. Still a ways away from BSL but I'm loving the thickness.

Attachments

• relaxed back.JPG
    relaxed back.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 52

jprayze

Heat damage is real y'all. I have one bit of hair on my right side that is not only very straight but also thin. The rest of the hair is bouncy curls, so I just tucked it behind my ear. Good news is I have about 4 inches at the root that looks like my natural texture. So I trimmed it just a bit and I will wait for it to grow out and try to give that side some extra love. I will probably do some protein this weekend. Now more determined to limit heat in 2013, wish I could go hard core with it! Going to try a flexi rod this weekend.

NikkiQ

Aww I'm sorry you don't like living there. :bighug: Aside from the language part do you like it? Have you tried Rosetta Stone to work on your Spanish?

GettingKinky nope. Besides the pretty beaches and rainforests and caves to explore, I don't go anywhere often. I'm always stuck in the house. The few people we do know are also military so we all don't get to hang like we want to. It's tough going from New Orleans to here. Still struggling with adjusting.

NikkiQ

*Question of the Day*
(or weekend.whichever lol)

Since length check time is just 9 days away (if you can't check in then, it's absolutely fine. post whenever you're ready :yep: ) how are you ladies planning on measuring? Pull test? Flat iron? Blow out? Comparing hairstyles? Length check shirt? There are so many options!!

jessicarabbit

*Question of the Day*
(or weekend.whichever lol)

Since length check time is just 9 days away (if you can't check in then, it's absolutely fine. post whenever you're ready :yep: ) how are you ladies planning on measuring? Pull test? Flat iron? Blow out? Comparing hairstyles? Length check shirt? There are so many options!!

Relaxer, flat iron, and my lenght check shirt :)