BSL 2013 Challenge

Cattypus1

All loced up...
*Question of the Day*
(or weekend.whichever lol)

Since length check time is just 9 days away (if you can't check in then, it's absolutely fine. post whenever you're ready :yep: ) how are you ladies planning on measuring? Pull test? Flat iron? Blow out? Comparing hairstyles? Length check shirt? There are so many options!!

Blow dry on cool, flat iron, length-check tee shirt.

jprayze

I length checked earlier this month, so I'll probably won't length check again until June. Trying to go until June for my next time using direct heat too. In June, SO and I are going to a Juneteeth ball and I'm already thinking of style options...going to start looking on here at the wedding/formal hair threads.

lamaria211

I'll length check when I TU in may @6 months post. Side note; I've been really loving my hair since switching to all natural products. My fav lines are Darcys and Shescentit!

Mjon912

Today was my wash day and it wasnt half as bad as last time, I'm happy I didn't relax! My hair feels so soft and smooth... I wash and set and flat ironed my roots/ natural hair... I'm excited about our length check, in sure I'm still APL since I keep cutting but hopefully I'll be full APL soon then BSL!!!

image-2208342308.jpg

image-3515585252.jpg

image-2623768288.jpg

texasqt

*Question of the Day*

Since length check time is just 9 days away (if you can't check in then, it's absolutely fine. post whenever you're ready :yep: ) how are you ladies planning on measuring? Pull test? Flat iron? Blow out? Comparing hairstyles? Length check shirt? There are so many options!!

I can't wait!!! I always flat iron and I wear a tank that I'm hoping my hair will touch to indicate BSL. (see avi) I've taken several length check pictures wearing this tank so I can make a comparison. I also have a birthmark in the same area on my back.

...Does anybody else get that "holy crap! I'm really working on reaching BSL" moment? I do everytime I check into this thread. Like wow! I can't believe it.

ME!!! Just this week I called my sis and was like "OMG I'm getting close to BSL!" I don't know what was so different about this week's flat iron but I'm amazed. Never had hair this long and to see it continue to grow is really a big deal. For some reason I believed my hair would stop at a certain length but its growing and growing. It's been years in the making but it will be a reality this year! HHJ

KaramelDiva1978

I actually booked my flight home the other day KaramelDiva1978. I'm coming in for French Quarter Fest and I can't WAIT to pig out and drink my a$$ off! :lachen:

Ok so you KNOW we have to meet up right??!!! The Strawberry Festival is that weekend in Pontchatoula and I will be there on Saturday. Unless you wanna meet Saturday and I can do strawberries on Sunday. Gotta get it in "fat full" aaaalllll weekend!!

NikkiQ

Ok so you KNOW we have to meet up right??!!! The Strawberry Festival is that weekend in Pontchatoula and I will be there on Saturday. Unless you wanna meet Saturday and I can do strawberries on Sunday. Gotta get it in "fat full" aaaalllll weekend!!

I'm probably going out every day while I'm home (except for Thursday) so just let me know. I'm doing some much needed shopping too for stuff to ship back here. You know I gotta get my Tony's and Community Coffee :lol:

KaramelDiva1978

I'm probably going out every day while I'm home (except for Thursday) so just let me know. I'm doing some much needed shopping too for stuff to ship back here. You know I gotta get my Tony's and Community Coffee :lol:

Cool! I'm messaging you my phone and ask will my boo thang to come in town that weekend. Party goes down if he's here or not! Whoop whoop!! Girl don't forget the Camellia red beans too. Eeerbody's red beans are NOT created equal!! LOL Look forward to it.

NikkiQ

Cool! I'm messaging you my phone and ask will my boo thang to come in town that weekend. Party goes down if he's here or not! Whoop whoop!! Girl don't forget the Camellia red beans too. Eeerbody's red beans are NOT created equal!! LOL Look forward to it.

Yeah girl. The PRican beans are NOT the business :lachen:

Sent from my Android...Boom.

cottoncoily

I finally took my yarn braids out...I love these things so much so I plan on putting them back in in a couple weeks. I used my "length check" t-shirt to check my progress but from here on I'm going to use a tape measure as well. Stats: R Nape- 10" L Nape- 9.5" Above Ear on both sides 10" Bangs- 13"

Pics: Current length, Yarn braids, Length beginning of Dec

ForumRunner_20130323_122543.jpg

PhotoGrid_1364055512419.jpg

ForumRunner_20130323_122151.jpg

ETA: My current length accidently uploaded twice, I'll fix it when I get on a computer

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130323_122354.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130323_122354.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

buddhas_mom

I'm posting my length check early because I won't be around next week. I have a neuronanatomy test to study for! So here's my starting pic from December and my current length. I'm not sure why my hair has decided to start growing in a V shape but ill leave it for now. I'll cut when I hit BSL.

image-1526408751.jpg

KaramelDiva1978

I'm posting my length check early because I won't be around next week. I have a neuronanatomy test to study for! So here's my starting pic from December and my current length. I'm not sure why my hair has decided to start growing in a V shape but ill leave it for now. I'll cut when I hit BSL.

Looking good!! Closing in on BSL!! I can't wait to see mine next week. My hair has always grown in a "V" even when its had a blunt cut. I just think the back is growing faster.

Can't wait to poo and condition today. Me and DD.

Guinan

Re-Branding

Ur getting sooo close! Great growth & retention.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Guinan

Re-Branding
I finally took my yarn braids out...I love these things so much so I plan on putting them back in in a couple weeks. I used my "length check" t-shirt to check my progress but from here on I'm going to use a tape measure as well. Stats: R Nape- 10" L Nape- 9.5" Above Ear on both sides 10" Bangs- 13"

Pics: Current length, Yarn braids, Length beginning of Dec

ETA: My current length accidently uploaded twice, I'll fix it when I get on a computer

I 2nd that, u look bsl to me too:) congrats!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

NikkiQ

The flat twists and bantu knots did a great job stretching my hair this morning. No bun yet. Just put it all in a super high ponytail.

Sent from my Android...Boom.

jprayze

I think I have a new boo...the palmers Olive oil deep conditioner. I bought a pack from Walmart and it was so thick and creamy. I love a thick DC. Slip was nice and detangling was easy,

I'm supposed to be trying some type of roller set today once I'm in for the day...

jessicarabbit

Hey ladies....

Just used neutrogena triple moisture hair mask and omgggg my hair is so soft and fluffy and deranged....I wish u didn't have to put my celies in. Eh, one more week.

SincerelyBeautiful

Getting ready to clarify and dc. Supposed to be going out with some of the ladies so i dont really know what to do to my hair. I dont use heat so i need a cute heatless style. I love my bantu knot outs but im kinda tired of that same look. Maybe i should try a braid out..

gvin89

*Question of the Day*

Hey Ladies! I've been MIA for a minute...trying to get it together. Maintained a KISS regimen during pregnancy...now I'm in the final stretch - only 3 weeks to go! I hope to do a pull test length check next week and then go into braid extensions. I've been in flat twists or 2-strands for the most part since January...I rarely wear my hair out. I hope to be apl by the time I take my braids out in June so that I can truly focus on reaching bsl by Dec. I know I need to up my m&s game, but ps is the best thing ever!!!!!

Hope you ladies are all doing well in your journeys.....

GettingKinky

I love, love, love the LOC method of moisturizing! I do it every morning before bunning my hair and it feels so soft and smooth. This is my hybrid bun/ponytail. I think it's my favorite bun so far because I don't look bald when I wear it. (And it's super easy)

Attachments

• image-1564498165.jpg
    image-1564498165.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3452359327.jpg
    image-3452359327.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited: