COWASH CHALLENGE 2012 PART II- April 1-June 30, 2012

TruMe

Is V05 a cleansing conditioner? I need something serious for my scalp right now and I was thinking about reaching for the shampoo...

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
Cowashed with Nature's Advantage Honey and almond conditioner. Followed up with Darcys Botanicals pumpkin spice leave in and castor oil on the ends.

I didn't cowash for about two weeks and I could feel the difference in my hair

Sorry I thought I added my starting pics.

Last edited:

fiyahwerks

Starting Pic for CW2: NL

How many times per week will you cowash? 1-2x
What conditioners are you planning to use?
Tresemme Moisture Rich (w/added carrier oil)
Shea Moisture Restorative conditioner

What do you hope to achieve by cowashing?
Moisturized, soft and healthy hair
How often (if ever) will you use shampoo? Weekly

Diva_Esq

Can't wait until Saturday to shampoo this flatty out, deep condition, and go back to my regular daily cowashes!! I miss you, conditoner! Ma-ke-da-da...me and you us neva' part... :(

Onhergrind09

I just cowashed out a chicoro pre-poo (not for me) with my plethora of conditioners. After I rinsed the prepoo out of my hair, I spritzed on silken child detangler then I layered on a rinse out conditoner on my hair and proceeded to detangle, it was a breeze!!! :yay:I was so excited and I lost the least amount of hair I've lost in a while. I will try this on my DC day (Thursday) and see if I can duplicate the experience,

thecurlycamshow

Here is my starting pic for this challenge. I'm back to BSL after my trim in early March.

Attachments

• Length Check.jpg
    Length Check.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 19

Fab79

I thought it would be good to ask my question here

I'm natural and currently psing wearing wigs with cornrows underneath. I would like to cowash wholst braided up every other day and was wondering how would I dry my hair?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Sent from my iPhone4S using LHCF

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Co-washed last night with Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner. My hair detangled like a dream then I rinsed and applied California Baby Super Sensative Baby Lotion and glycerin in preparation for tonight's Doo Gro Mega Thick protein treatment with keratin.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cowashed with Nature's Advantage Honey and almond conditioner. Followed up with Darcys Botanicals pumpkin spice leave in and castor oil on the ends.

charmtreese

Co washed with joico clinicure tonight...baggied natural ends, Eco gelled edges, scarfed, and now air drying!

Onhergrind09

Cowashed again and I used Leave It Be Cherry Almond for the first time, I really like it as a leavein alternative to Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk

youwillrise

Last night with california baby conditioner...the super sensitive one. Like the ingredients. Put baggy on after so I haven't really gotten to see if I like it or not. Probably shoulda waited to try it til after my hair had been clarified lol.

TruMe

OK, so I cowashed this morning with V05 Moisture Milks as my first rinse out and then with Jane Carter as my second rinse out. Applied Mixed Chicks leave-in added a little oil mixture to seal in and just spritzed my hair with the Jane Carter leave in just for the heck of it. Love cowashes, they make my hair feel and look so good.

Question though: How do you all do your cowashed? Do you also use a first rinse out conditioner that is cheap and then follow up with your normal conditioner? Then with your normal leavein? I like to use minority owned products only but they can add up in cost if I start using them almost every day.

NaturalfienD

I thought it would be good to ask my question here

I'm natural and currently psing wearing wigs with cornrows underneath. I would like to cowash wholst braided up every other day and was wondering how would I dry my hair?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Fab79 ~ I am a natural too and currently PSing with wigs/flat twists underneath (I can't french braid girl :blush: ...) I have co washed twice this week and surprisingly, my hair is totally dry in the morning. I was leery about co washing because I did not think my hair would dry in enough time to throw on this u-part wig but fortunately, it has. One thing I would like to do is co wash with a stocking cap because my flat twists get fuzzy after I co wash- aside from that, it works great. HTH!!! :yep:

NaturalfienD

OK, so I cowashed this morning with V05 Moisture Milks as my first rinse out and then with Jane Carter as my second rinse out. Applied Mixed Chicks leave-in added a little oil mixture to seal in and just spritzed my hair with the Jane Carter leave in just for the heck of it. Love cowashes, they make my hair feel and look so good.

Question though: How do you all do your cowashed? Do you also use a first rinse out conditioner that is cheap and then follow up with your normal conditioner? Then with your normal leavein? I like to use minority owned products only but they can add up in cost if I start using them almost every day.
TruMe ~ I have been trying to use up my stash so for the past two co washes I have done, I have used V05 Kiwi Clairifying Conditioner as an initial and follow-up. I usually wet my hair, apply the V05, and let it sit on my hair for a few minutes; then I rinse out. I follow-up with the final application, do a quick scalp massage (I could do much better with that though), and rinse with cold water. The V05 is gone and now all that I have remaining is my Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner to run through ...
The question you asked was a good one, I wonder how the other ladies do their co washes ... :yep:

Ogoma

JulietWhiskey said:
Co-washed last night with Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner. My hair detangled like a dream then I rinsed and applied California Baby Super Sensative Baby Lotion and glycerin in preparation for tonight's Doo Gro Mega Thick protein treatment with keratin.

The slip is amazing. Love this to co-wash out ayurveduc treatments - hair and scalp feels clean and tingly with all the powders gone.

Ogoma

TruMe said:

I am going through my stash ad well so I am not differentiating on cost or moisture level: anything that comes in a bottle that I don't want to use as a leave-in or that is not my holy grail protein conditioner, I use to co-wash.

I think, technically, I water-wash my hair (co-cleanse 1x a week). During the week, I rinse first with warm water, slather on conditioner, and rinse it out after washing body, face. My hair seems to love this: retains moisture well with sheeny/shiny coils & curls.

Fab79

NaturalfienD thanks for your response, a couple more things

So I'm guessing i should place the stocking cap on and cowash as usual with the water running downwards in the shower

When I've finished do I just remove stocking cap and blot the excess water

If it is as simple as this then let the cowashing begin

And let me tell you my cornrows are not that great but I get my sis to do them when she has time, though I'm thinking about getting the done at the shop as they should last a good 6 possible 8 weeks

Once again, BIG THANKS for the answer it makes it seem do easy now

SmilingElephant

TruMe I usually use something like V05 or Suave first to co wash and then I follow with a thicker conditioner to detangle with. If i'm in a rush i'll just use my co wash conditioner to detangle.