Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

nycutiepie

My Deva Salon stylist told me that my hair would take longer to dry as it became healthier. That has not been the case and I think my hair is pretty healthy but maybe I'm wrong. I'm starting to assume that it's because my hair is so fine?

I used to do the MHM when I first started to wash n go but now I only use mud on the weekend. Anyway, here are some pics of my Day 1 (1st 2 pics) and Day 2 (2nd 2 pics) hair using Kinky Kurly.

KKK Day 1 1.jpg KKK Day 1 2.jpg KKK Day 2 1.jpg KKK Day 2 2.jpg

VictoriousBrownFlower

No, I probably wasn't clear. My hair dries rather quickly. I'm questioning whether or not it's healthy because my stylist said it would take longer to dry when it became healthy.
I find that the rate my hair dries is dependant on the products I use and how much. Drying time is not really a good indicator of how healthy your hair is. It's more a reflection of porosity. If it's high porosity it will dry faster because it doesn't hold on to water as much as low porosity.

As your hair gets healthier it may change porosity but not always. Don't worry about it as long as everything seems well with your hair.

nycutiepie

I find that the rate my hair dries is dependant on the products I use and how much. Drying time is not really a good indicator of how healthy your hair is. It's more a reflection of porosity. If it's high porosity it will dry faster because it doesn't hold on to water as much as low porosity.

As your hair gets healthier it may change porosity but not always. Don't worry about it as long as everything seems well with your hair.

Thank you. You would think that I know that as long as I've been here but this natural hair is a whole new game for me.

VictoriousBrownFlower

DSC09333.JPG DSC09329.JPG I tried a new product for my wash and go and I think I'm in love. It's the eden body works coconut curling creme. I didn't know what to expect because I've never used a curling creme but wow did it surprise me. It's super thick and really weighs my hair down but doesn't prevent fullness like gel does to my hair. It's also fool proof and I can tell within an hr of drying where it's going to shrink to.

I love this stuff and am so glad I tried it. I got great elongation and definition but still got the fluff I like. This is honestly the best new product I've bought since maybe 2012. To top it all off it washes out easily and is cost efficient. The only problem I have with this product is it leaves my hair a little oily which isn't a deal breaker for as good as it is.

This is day 2 of my wash and go with the eden body works.

nycutiepie

Day 8 hair this morning, after refreshing on Sunday by spritzing water and applying a little gel. I baggied all day yesterday. Before bed, I spritzed my scalp with Xcel21, massaged and tied down with a damp silk scarf.View attachment 382965 View attachment 382967
Your hair looks great @AbsyBlvd !!!! Has your hair thickened up because I thought you used to be my fine haired sister? These pics look like you've gone to the thickhaired side.

GGsKin

Your hair looks great @AbsyBlvd !!!! Has your hair thickened up because I thought you used to be my fine haired sister? These pics look like you've gone to the thickhaired side.

You know if they came and got me, I wouldn't put up much of a fight:assimilate:@nycutiepie lol. Thank you, I haven't abandoned you my fine haired sister, as my strands are mostly fine but it has filled out a fair bit over this past year. I noticed a good few young hairs coming in. I think they are playing catch-up with the rest.

nycutiepie

You know if they came and got me, I wouldn't put up much of a fight:assimilate:@nycutiepie lol. Thank you, I haven't abandoned you my fine haired sister, as my strands are mostly fine but it has filled out a fair bit over this past year. I noticed a good few young hairs coming in. I think they are playing catch-up with the rest.
Lol. Well, that gives me hope. Keep up the good work.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Hi Everyone :wave: I've been following this thread and started wearing my hair in a wash n go exactly 2 months ago. Here are 3 pics where
I used Devacurl No Poo and Conditioner, followed Netwurks Xcel21 (applicator bottle to scalp only), followed by Devacurl Ultra Defining Gel.

View attachment 382109 View attachment 382111 View attachment 382113

After washing, I apply everything to soaking wet hair. My hair was probably 100% dry in these pics since it was the end of the day. My hair is fine and dries pretty quickly. I think I'm 4AB with 2 patches of 4C on each side. However, the 4C is debatable since I have a defined curl pattern in those areas but the hair is just a little more coarse.

I hope you ladies do this challenge again for 2017 since I'm in this for the long haul.

Is this the arc angel gel? I bout a deva curl holiday kit and a small sample of the one conditioner and I wasn't wowed by the conditioner or the gel. my box is just sitting there

nycutiepie

Is this the arc angel gel? I bout a deva curl holiday kit and a small sample of the one conditioner and I wasn't wowed by the conditioner or the gel. my box is just sitting there
No this is the ultimate or ultra (can't remember which) defining gel. I use the decadence line which is the one for type 4 hair. It's stronger than the arc angel.

OhTall1

Quoting myself since it's almost my WNGiversary. Two years ago, I decided that over the two week Christmas break from work, I was going to try and see if I could master the art of styling my natural hair.

Silly rabbit! Two years later, I'm still trying to master it, but I'm having far more good days than when I first started.
Today's look (Sorry the first one is so blurry!)
View media item 128949

Happy New Year ladies!

I'm not a part of this challenge, but maybe you can help. I'm trying to see if I can wash and go and I'm having problems.

I got a Deva Cut last week, and it looked great after it was styled.
View attachment 291341

The stylist told me everything he did and everything he used, and I am just not able to replicate anything close to this. He used Mop Top products and walked me through the curly girl method. He sat me under a hooded dryer for a bit and then dried it more with a diffuser. I told him that I already had products at home (Shea Moisture, Giovanni, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle, V05), so he only recommended that I get some Mop Top gel.

Every one of my attempts looks like this:
View attachment 291343

Basically no matter what products I use, I get a partially defined ball of crazy. The only thing I don't have is a hooded dryer. I've partially diffused it and then let it air dry and I've let it completely air dry. Same results. Do you think that's what making the difference?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I have no idea what my hair type is. I've been wearing crochet braids for two years and decided to see if I could manage to style my natural hair over my holiday break.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
So here are my thoughts on alikay naturals. I will probably purchase again however I can't see using it regularly because it has virtually no hold. I did a spin class last night and this morning I had to refresh with water and more product. My hair is super soft and fluffy which I really like but don't see how I would maintain without really wetting everyday. With Camille Rose and as I am I do re-wet but not everyday and I usually don't have to reapply products. I will play around with the alikay naturals a little more.

I would like to say they smell really really good :lick: