Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Guinan

Re-Branding
This isn't exactly what she did. She sectioned my hair into 5 sections - 2 in the back, 2 in the front and 1 in the crown area. The sections were squares and rectanglar parts not triangle as shown in the video with the exception of the crown section which was more of like an oval shape. For each section, she used her fingers to make a row, fingered out each curl and then held her index and middle fingers together and used them as a guide of where to cut. For the crown section however, instead of aligning her fingers straight across and then cutting, she held them at an angle (like at a curve/half moon) and then cut. So basically she cut the four sections of my hair like normal, i.e. straight across, but removed bulk from my crown area by cutting at an angle. This is why when you look at my hair, the shortest pieces are in the crown area. She also cut my hair in the front so that it framed my face. Let me know if that makes sense lol.

Yes, it def makes sense. I so want to try to do this on my own hair but I'm just too afraid that I will mess up.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I washed and deep conditioned on Saturday. I then used my twisted sista gel again I paired it with sm hibiscus leave in conditioner. This the same combo I used last week. They mesh well together no flaking. Since I like this gel I wanted to pickup a few more jars. I went to the Walmart by my house and they didn't have
any in stock. When I purchased this first time they had jars and jars of it. I really hope I'm able to find it on the ground I really don't want to have to order on line. Here is a picture of my hair today day 3. It seems to be getting fuller. It definitely takes longer to do now.
image.jpeg

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Shampoo'd, conditioned, deep conditioned. Alikay Naturals Lemongrass Leave-in + Argan Oil Eco.

Like I said in an earlier post, I've been finger detangling exclusively for the past 2 months (more or less). I like the way my curls look, and I feel like I'm retaining a lot more length. My hair has really grown since my cut.
Your hair has gotten long! It looks lovely.

Thanks girlie!

Oh and I forgot to add I'm back to doing my wng's on slightly damp hair. Loving it. My hair is so much more moisturized. It shrinks less and more volume which I love. I really like doing this cuz I hate soaking wet hair especially in cooler weather.

What do you mean that you do your wash and go's on damp hair? Do you mean you don't actually wash, but instead just dampen? Or do you mean that you wait to add moisturizers and stylers once your hair BECOMES damp after having fully washed it?

TIA!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
What do you mean that you do your wash and go's on damp hair? Do you mean you don't actually wash, but instead just dampen? Or do you mean that you wait to add moisturizers and stylers once your hair BECOMES damp after having fully washed it?

TIA!
I wash as normal then wrap my hair in a turbie twist then take it down and let my hair air dry almost fully, then add my products. Sometimes I'll mist it if it becomes too dry. Only downside is it takes a lot more product but my hair stays more moisturized.

Very slippery/wet products work best for this type of styling. Curl activators work very well for this too. I stumbled on this method for myself by using Cantu curl activator. The hair doesn't even need to be wet using that and the curls pop amazingly.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm always looking for people on YT who damp/dry style their wng's just for inspiration. I haven't found many who do it, most do theirs on wet hair but I have found a few if anyone is interested in trying it out and need a visual.

ckisland

My feelings while watching this vid

:eek: :thud: :crybaby::pray:

I'm a little mad that was so much closer to just 2 years ago, and now I'm starting over. I'm so motivated though!! I always got off track and started cutting, or doing something foolish :spinning: . Not this time!!! APL wash n'go is my goal. Here's to getting there :alcoholic:

ckisland

I'm always looking for people on YT who damp/dry style their wng's just for inspiration. I haven't found many who do it, most do theirs on wet hair but I have found a few if anyone is interested in trying it out and need a visual.
Would you mind sharing some videos?? I love wng vids :drunk:

Greetings, lovely ladies.

I'm glad to join this challenge!

I will follow the Anthony Dicky wash and go method.

Here is my starting picture: http://1drv.ms/1MYaOq5

My goals with this challenge are:
1. to do better with styling my wash and go hair (I need to like the way my natural hair LOOKS, not just the way it feels)
2. to keep my hair hydrated, moisturized, and quite elastic
3. to get a pretty regular routine down

My hair is awkward-stage length, so this wash and go challenge thread is perfect for me.

Main non-protein treatment and non-deep-condition day products at the moment:
Naturalicious detangling clay shampoo, Giovanni light leave-in, Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Pudding, aloe vera juice + water spritz

I am suuuuuuuuper tempted to try other stylers such as a curl activator, the Kinky Curly custard, the As I Am jelly, the Argan oil Eco gel, etc.

So far day one hair looks nice to me, but I haven't been as happy with the look of day two hair.

To awesome, healthy, thriving, growing wash and go hair!

Morning, ladies!

Here is today's wash 'n go (it's still drying):

View media item 128463View media item 128465View media item 128469View media item 128467
In the last photo, my husband had put his hands through it.

About today's new wash 'n go:
  • METHOD:
    • In shower wet hair completely, then washed with Giovanni Triple Tea Tree Shampoo.
    • Conditioned with Shea Moisture Raw conditioner and rinsed that out.
    • SUPER generously applied about 6 nickel-sized dollops of Giovanni Light Leave-in and worked it through (did not work in sections).
    • SUPER generously applied Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Pudding over the Giovanni Light Leave-in and worked it through (did not work in sections)
  • Styling-wise, I may try to add some bobby pins once it's dried a little more.

LavenderMint

Tomorrow is wash day before my DevaCut. Last wash day, I think I used too much gel even though it helped keep my hair from fluffing out, my hands are sticky after taking out my bands in the morning :(. I plan to detangle/cowash with Crece Pelo, then clay mixed with throat coat tea & steeped marshmallow root, acv, and silk amino acids, followed by my usual KCKT and KCCC. To help my hair actually be dry before Saturday, I'm going to wring out my sections so they're not drippy wet at product application and will be dry before end of day Friday. I will be sure to take a pic before and after for comparison. I'm wondering what it will be like since I just want some shape; my locs were mbl/high hip before I combed out and, stretched, most of my hair is at least past bsl.
Tomorrow's picture will be day 4 of this wng. Confident it will still be fine!

Alta Angel

I have been doing wng's for two weeks now. I love the convenience, and my detangling has not been an issue. However, my hair is dry as a bone despite steamings for an hour and DCing. I wash my hair with SM poo, used a leave-in, then used SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, then Eco Styler Argan Oil gel. My hair looked good and lasted for 5-6 days (last day I wore a puff), but it was drrryyyy. I am am going to take a look at some of those videos and reassess my products. Back in a braid-n-twistout for now.

Beautiful wash 'n go's, ladies! :yep:

I'm just trying to achieve second-day hair! :laugh:

I couldn't keep my hands out of my hair yesterday. Saturating my hair with Giovanni light leave-in (more than I thought needed) and then Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Pudding (more than I thought needed) . . . lovely! My ringlets looked nice! Even this morning my hair looked pretty much the same . . . except for at the roots.

Looking a little puffy at the roots.

I reshaped and spritzed with water+AVJ. I THINK I can wear this to work. I'll try to upload a photo later.

Blessings, everyone!

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I have been doing wng's for two weeks now. I love the convenience, and my detangling has not been an issue. However, my hair is dry as a bone despite steamings for an hour and DCing. I wash my hair with SM poo, used a leave-in, then used SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie, then Eco Styler Argan Oil gel. My hair looked good and lasted for 5-6 days (last day I wore a puff), but it was drrryyyy. I am am going to take a look at some of those videos and reassess my products. Back in a braid-n-twistout for now.
You may want to change up your products. I hate the why sm curl enhancing smoothie and Eco styler make my hair feel separately. I do like sm conditioners. Sm products tend to have a lot of oils in them(someone pointed this out to me on here), and this maybe contributing to the dryness your experiencing. I have found runny gels or custards to be very moisturizing. My hair is pretty hydrated. Some of my favorites are as I am curling jelly, Camille rose curl maker, mop top curling custard, and twisted sista amazing dream curl cream gel.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Beautiful wash 'n go's, ladies! :yep:

I'm just trying to achieve second-day hair! :laugh:

I couldn't keep my hands out of my hair yesterday. Saturating my hair with Giovanni light leave-in (more than I thought needed) and then Bel Nouvo Coco Castor Pudding (more than I thought needed) . . . lovely! My ringlets looked nice! Even this morning my hair looked pretty much the same . . . except for at the roots.

Looking a little puffy at the roots.

I reshaped and spritzed with water+AVJ. I THINK I can wear this to work. I'll try to upload a photo later.

Blessings, everyone!
Have you thought of incorporating gel? That may help with the longevity of your wash n go.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I'm finding that my hair is way more moisturized with applying my moisturizer on slightly damp hair since the hair is not full of water it absorbs a lot more of the moisture from my moisturizer. I'm loving the results.