Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

YvetteWithJoy

On break
For those wash 'n go wearers who use Qhemet Biologics products:

Which of their products do you recommend for wash 'n go's? How do you use them?

Thank you!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
For those wash 'n go wearers who use Bekura products:

Which of their products do you recommend for wash 'n go's? How do you use them?

Thank you!

Guinan

Re-Branding
Question ladies,

do any of yall M&S your wng? If so, how do you keep the curls intact? Do you apply more gel?

I M&S my wng today and my curls look slightly fluffed out. Maybe it's from me finger detangling too??

TIA!!

LavenderMint

I don't. I section, then apply my leave-in on damp hair then gel. I kinda feel like that's my m&s there.
If I do anything else, my clumps fluff out. (And I only finger detangle.)
Question ladies,

do any of yall M&S your wng? If so, how do you keep the curls intact? Do you apply more gel?

I M&S my wng today and my curls look slightly fluffed out. Maybe it's from me finger detangling too??

TIA!!

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Question ladies,

TIA!!

If I add Curl Activator Gel or Sheamoisture Souffle under any gel, I get a juicy moist washngo.

At night I ponytail, in the morning I usually take down my ponytails and add a little water to my hands and fluff. Thats about it. sometimes I add a liquid leave in to refresh as well.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Question ladies,

TIA!!

I have tried sealing with various butters and oils, and it NEVER works for me. My uber high-rated stylist does not use an extra sealant on my hair, either. Someone here at the forum told me I might think of my gel as my wash and wear sealant.

I do try to close my cuticles: I spritz with a mix of cold distilled water and aloe Vera juice, and I mechanically run my fingers down my strands. I'm hipo, though. Then I apply in sections my leave-in and gel.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Wow my shrinkage is crazy. I'm so used to my shoulder length curly bob. Now my real hair shrinks to my ears. I am so not feeling this

Yup. :yep: I am acclimating to the same. Sometimes I get good elongation. Other times, my shrinkage even shrinks. :p

I've decided I need to learn how to look cute both ways, before I end up texlaxing. :)

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Wow my shrinkage is crazy. I'm so used to my shoulder length curly bob. Now my real hair shrinks to my ears. I am so not feeling this
Yup. :yep: I am acclimating to the same. Sometimes I get good elongation. Other times, my shrinkage even shrinks. :p

I've decided I need to learn how to look cute both ways, before I end up texlaxing. :)
I've made peace with my shrinkage . :drunk: I'm pretty sure I'm apl now and my hair shrinks up to my ears once it's dry. :lachen:Even when it's wet it's at my shoulders. I feel like I will have to be wl before it's hanging. Most days I like how my hair looks.

@Napp I've always loved your hair

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Good hair day!

View media item 128825

Washed with Deva's no poo decadence
DC with Deva Heaven in Hair (don't really like it, but wanted to use up the last of it)
CRN coconut water leave in and CRN coconut water style setter
Whipped shea butter
Sweet Soul Magic gel
Air dried

@LaChaBla, I love it!!! :love5:

Okay, please give me your hair deets. :smile:
  • What's your curl pattern?
  • What's your porosity level? (high, normal, or low)
How long will your hair stay moisturized with this combination/technique?

TIA!

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I've made peace with my shrinkage . :drunk: I'm pretty sure I'm apl now and my hair shrinks up to my ears once it's dry. :lachen:Even when it's wet it's at my shoulders. I feel like I will have to be wl before it's hanging. Most days I like how my hair looks.

@Napp I've always loved your hair

I thought waist length hair would give me a shoulder length wash n go. I was wrong. Sometimes, my hair still shrinks up to my chin.

discodumpling

Question ladies,

TIA!!

Nope. Once it's set,thats it! My product usage and technique ensures that I don't have to M &S. If my hair gets dried out thats my signal to repeat the process.

iamyattababe

What is your hair doing? What kind of products are you using?

Girl it was just acting up! Lol.. I finally tried some new products tho and it seems to be working. Current favorite combo is cantu curling cream or Eden body works curling pudding with Eco styler gel. Also, curls blueberry control jelly with Eco styler on top has been doing big things for my hair!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Today was supposed to be a only-rinse-with-water-and-restyle day, but Mom came over to surprise me with help with the kiddoes. Can't turn down hair time!

I cowashed, lightly finger detangled, and conditioned all with SM's hipo masque. I moisturized with Oyin Hair Dew.

New: I revisited the DevaCurl gel that came in the Ulta DevaCurl Decadence kit and diffused.

Good, good results!!! Hubby says prettiest wash-and-wear I've yet achieved at home!

Slight issues: It feels way less moisturized now that the gel is in, compared with when I only had the Oyin in. The roots are a little frizzy, but kind of in a good way.

This is a pretty result. :smile: Yay! Still seeking multi-day moisturization, though.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
Do any of you wash your hair "upside down," as she describes and does in the video below? If so, does it make a (big) difference?

I detangle upside down. And by upside down I mean bent over at the waist with all my hair hanging towards the floor. I also use this method to add products and scrunch my hair to prepare it for a bun. I can fully finger detangle in about 5 minutes and I get bigger buns this way.

Luscious850

Regimen
1. Shampoo and DC once weekly
2. Moisturize/seal once daily
3. Clarify once per month

Products
- Shampoo: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil
- Rinse out conditioner: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil
- Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil
- Leave-in Conditioner: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream
- Styler: Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Coconut Curling Cream
- Gel: Eco Styler Moroccan Argan Oil Styling Gel- Moisturizer: Water/AVJ mix in my water bottle
- Sealant: SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Reconstructive Finishing Elixir
- Clarifier: ACV/water mixture as a pree-poo

Styling and techniques
1. Shampoo
2. Detangle with rinse out conditioner (let sit for 3-5 min)
3. Deep Condition (let sit for 20 min under a hooded dryer)
4. Apply leave-in
5. Layer on styler (then detangle with denman)
6. Layer on gel (shingle with fingers)
7. Air dry
8. Spray Finishing Elixir

Attachments

• 13871766_10157732881665355_1688952852_n.jpg
    13871766_10157732881665355_1688952852_n.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 13900987_10157732881610355_1876445546_n.jpg
    13900987_10157732881610355_1876445546_n.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Woooooo! Frustration with the EVER-approaching dryness had me go OVERBOARD with product layering and application today. :oops:

I'm pretty sure I did too much: I . . .
  1. Shampooed with ORS Aloe chelating shampoo.
  2. Deep conditioned under a hooded dryer with SM 10-in-1 Superfruit Masque.
  3. Layered IC Green Tea Curl Activator gel, or whatever it's called.
  4. Layered Oyin Hair Dew.
  5. Layered avocado oil mixed with Qhemet's Burk Root Cream.
  6. Layered DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel.
I think my hair is too fine for all of that product and layering. And the Activator gel was OLD. :laugh: I can't even remember WHEN I purchased it. And it's probably not CG friendly or MHM friendly . . . I didn't even check.

Yeah. I need to take a regimen-fixing breather and then go back to a simpler regimen.