Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I'm stuck between wanting to protective style and my hair needing water/conditioning.

I'm either going to have to find a protective style that allows me to condition and water my hair( and not look crazy)

Or back to my washngos and detangle as slowly AS possible

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
image.jpg image.jpg I haven't been having much wng luck. When I do it's a fluke that I can't replicate. I can't remember the last pic I posted so hopefully I haven't shared this already. I can't seem to master definitely and high volume at the same time. I want more of a fluffy, big carefree wng. And my shrinkage has been insane.

naturalmanenyc

I tried an actual wash and go, no products, and I like it. A friend said she doesn't use products because they weigh her hair down and she likes a more afro look.
It did look ashy/dry once it was fully dry so I'd need to add some oil or something to give it shine long term. It's an everyday wet hair thing, no second day hair. I just put on my turbie after my shower and released my hair once I was dressed.

Attachments

• wash and go no product 2.jpg
    wash and go no product 2.jpg
    534.5 KB · Views: 113
  • wash and go no product 3.jpg
    wash and go no product 3.jpg
    561.9 KB · Views: 110
  • wash and go no product.jpg
    wash and go no product.jpg
    587.9 KB · Views: 108

VinaytheMrs

Loving Life
I had my sister give me a serious cut... Back to wash and go life! I plan on mastering this and trying out tons of new products! I want to grow my hair out it just needed a shape.
My current list:
Trader Joes Nourish Spa Conditioner
Suave clarifying shampoo
Coconut oil mix
Shea Moisture Manuka Masque
Shea Moisture curling soufflé
Gorilla snot punk gel or olive oil eco styler
image.jpg

Copper eyeshadow for color
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 81

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I finally got a good wash n go with Eco Styler Gel. I did it on dripping wet hair and shingled, instead of raking. It took an extra 20 minutes. I'm debating whether I want to do this again or use my usual wash n go gels that I can rake, but it is good to know I have the option.

Last edited:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I finally got a good wash n go with Eco Styler Gel. I did it on dripping wet hair and shingled, instead of raking. It took an extra 20 minutes. I'm sebating whether I want to do this again or use my usual wash n go gels that I can rake, but it is good to know I have the option.

Looks very good. I'm looking to try the wetline xetreme everyone has been talking about lately. Have you tried that gel yet?

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I finally got a good wash n go with Eco Styler Gel. I did it on dripping wet hair and shingled, instead of raking. It took an extra 20 minutes. I'm sebating whether I want to do this again or use my usual wash n go gels that I can rake, but it is food to know I have the option.
Looks very good. I'm looking to try the wetline xetreme everyone has been talking about lately. Have you tried that gel yet?

Thanks! I haven't tried wetline yet. I just ordered it from Target this weekend.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
day 5?! how do you make it last that long?

I ponytail at night and thats it. Its so moist, I just add a little water to reactivate and shake. I dont mind it frizzing so it doesnt bother me. Day one is ultra defined, Day 5.. its curls with a halo of frizz.

Saturday I will start all over. I smooth , smooth, smooth my styler in until the hair is clumped and shake to separate. Thats about it.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
@Napp this is my hair today and this is day 4. I just wear my bonnet at night. In the morning I just let the steam from shower loosen it up I will shake and fluff with my fingers as well. If it is to frizzy I spritz frizzy area with water from my spray bottle and rake my fingers through it. Picture I posted on Monday was day 1. I don't think there is a huge difference look wise.image.jpeg