GROW YOUR HAIR LONG WITH DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2008 - PART 2

cutiebe2

tonight I am pre-pooing with Cocosta oil

then tomorrow I will Chelate with Redkin, do a protein treatment with emergencee, DC with Strillah from Hairveda and rise with ACV

a lot I know!!! But usually I just DC on dry hair and wash it out so this it is the extra I do every few months

DaPPeR

NIBERIANGIRL
My hair came out horribly yesterday because I needed to clarify plus my hair doesn't like the SE Moisture Treatment.

Today I clarified with ORS Creamy Aloe

Shampood with GVP Extra Gentle poo

I'm dc'ing with GVP Conditioning Balm right now. Sat under the dryer for like 35 minutes. I'll probably leave it on another few hours while I do stuff around the house :yep:

Before I could finish reading your sentence, I thought of my awful experience with this product. It made my hair O so hard and it was all in tangles after I applied. :wallbash:

Aggie

hey ladies, I conditioned my hair today with some Olive Oil Hair One Conditioner and my Ovation Creme Rinse and my hair came out really silky. I love this new combo.

Last edited:

spacetygrss

I DC'd yesterday with Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. My hair feels so luscious right now. It's my favorite conditioner hands down..wish it came in bigger sizes.

asummertyme

I prepoo'd with Vitaka frosting last night washed with Nexxus Diamectress...DC'ed with Humecto all nite and i am under the dryer now..

chebaby

i washed my hair last night with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair(1 lather) then deep conditioned my hair for 30 minutes under the dryer with ORS replenishing pak then 30 minutes without heat. i then rinsed it out and left aveda brilliant conditioner on my hair for 2 minutes. after i rinsed that out i sprayed my hair with PM moisture mist, salerm 21 and CHI silk infusion. i blow dried and flat ironed with my CHI 1" and my hair came out sooooooooooo silky.

joyandfaith

I haven't checked in in forever :nono:, but I'm still here. I'm DCing overnight with some Dove conditioner. Hey, it was the only think I could find under the sink at my mom's house

CurliDiva

Ok.........why didn't someone tell me about AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner sooner! :blush: It turn my natural hair into BUTTER the moment I applied it!

It is so thick (which I love) that I had a hard time getting out the bottle.....they need to put this stuff in jars!

It is going going to be my DC for 2009!:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Aggie

Ok.........why didn't someone tell me about AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner sooner! :blush: It turn my natural hair into BUTTER the moment I applied it!

It is so thick (which I love) that I had a hard time getting out the bottle.....they need to put this stuff in jars!

Girl you and me both CurlDiva. I used it for the first time this week too and fell deeply in love with it so yes, this is my DC for 2009 for sure:yep:.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Shampood with GVP Extra Gentle poo

Dc'd for about 40 minutes with Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture under the dryer. I'll leave it on for another few hours while I'm doing things around the house

JustKiya

Girl you and me both CurlDiva. I used it for the first time this week too and fell deeply in love with it so yes, this is my DC for 2009 for sure:yep:.

:nono:

I see right now I'm going to have to get on the AO HSR - I've been dragging my feet, but I'm really going to have to swing through WholePaycheck pretty soon..... urrmhrrm. :yep:

tiffers

AO HSR has been on my wishlist for years! I'm gonna treat myself and order 3 bottles for Christmas :grin:

Aggie

:nono:

I see right now I'm going to have to get on the AO HSR - I've been dragging my feet, but I'm really going to have to swing through WholePaycheck pretty soon..... urrmhrrm. :yep:

tiffers;6327931[B said:
]AO HSR has been on my wishlist for years![/B] I'm gonna treat myself and order 3 bottles for Christmas :grin:

Yes ladies, I dragged my feet for a while too but NO MORE dragging for me. Oooooh tiffers, you makin' me so jelly - I mean 3 whole bottles, crap, looks like I may have to get a few myself because we don't carry them here in the Bahamas - a girl's gatta have her backup supply ya know:yep:.

Last edited:

TexturedTresses

i'm dcing with silicon mix for the first time. uhm i realy don't like the smell. it smells like detergent or something. i didn't clarify first, but it did my hair feel soft. we'll see when we rinse out.

Aggie

I am hendigoing my hair right now and will leave it in for about 2 hours, wash out and DC. Don't know which DC I'll use yet but I'll be back to update. I know that my Mizani Moisturefuse never lets me down after a henna treatment. I will most likely use that mixed with some AO honeysuckle rose conditioner. Oooooh, now that sounds really good, that's exactly what I'll use:yep:.

Aggie

Okay I have the AO Honeysuckle Rose and Mizani Moisturefuse on my hair right now and WOW:lick:! They went on so so smooth and I will leave it on overnight since I henna'ed today and wash it out in the morning. I can't wait to see how this turns out:spinning:.

longhairlover

Well I had to get a trim my ends were scraggly. So now my hair is a bit shorter than in my signature :( oh well I had to do it, normally my hair grows right back in a couple of weeks after i trim.
I'm still deep conditioning and co-conditioning before i shampoo, i'm noticing that my hair is better detangled when doing the co condish.
I'm not using a deep conditioner but Mizani Restructuring Gelee I go under my heating cap for an hr or so with that, and even when i do my co condish i sit under the heating cap for an hr.

I am also following the advice on the ladies here and putting shea butter on my ends only, leanred the hard way bu putting it on my whole head....hair was like carpet, but it's good on the ends.

I am also 14 weeks post this day. will stretch til' it starts to get warm again.

good luck ladies on the challenge.

MzWill

Hey ladies!!!! It's been such a long time since I posted but I have been sticking w/my dcs. Still w/the JASON sea kelp, honeyquat & castor oil. The dcing definitely help w/my stretch (first time I ever stretched 3 months!)

tiffers

Pre pood with GVP Joico K-Pak for a few hours

Shampood with GVP Exra Gentle poo

Dc'd for 45 minutes under the dryer with GVP Conditioning Balm mixed with Beyond The Zone Color Jamz Clear Shine Rinse

My hair was sooooo silky soft! I can't wait till next wash day, I'm gonna mix the rinse with Kenra MC :lick:

chebaby

last night i washed my hair with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair and then deep conditioned my hair with heat for 35 minutes with ORS olive oil replenishing oil.

Aggie

I've got Micro braids on, can i DC with them in?

Most people don't because the braids would start to look really scraggly in a few days or so but they do use the crown and glory technique which still keeps the hair well conditioned - see www.growafrohairlong.com. I would however recommend that you try deep conditioning by mixing the conditioner with some warm water, put on your hair, then put on a stocking cap followed by a plastic cap and DC that way. When you are about to wash it out, leave the stocking cap on, go under the shower, and wash it out - this way your hair won't look so scraggly. For a choice of DC, I would probably use something like Chaz Dean's WEN conditioners or Hair One from Sally's. They make great leave-in's as well.

JustKiya

:look: *sigh*

My hair is so happy, I've been being lazy, and skipping my midweek DC. If ya'll haven't tried steaming your hair, I'm telling you - it's a must! I do it once a week now, and my hair is happy and moist alllll week long. It's fabulous.

myronnie

Midweek deep condition and wash..
Washed my hair with GVP Extra-Gentle Shampoo
Deep conditioning with Silk Elements Megasilk Conditioner mixed with Honey, Avocado Butter, and Camellia Seed Oil.
We'll see how my hair turns out!