May 2016: What's On Sale This Month? Hair, Bath, Beauty

Anaisin

I'm eyeing the Kurlee Belle Banana Nut DC and this Coco Coco Conscious stuff, but there aren't many non-sponsored reviews on them.

This is why I'm kind of mad that my regular reviewers are rarely on YouTube anymore. No real reviews on new products. They buy everything themselves. Sponsored videos claim it's their real opinion yet either the review is generic or you never see them use those products again or talk about them. Bye

PJaye

This is why I'm kind of mad that my regular reviewers are rarely on YouTube anymore. No real reviews on new products. They buy everything themselves. Sponsored videos claim it's their real opinion yet either the review is generic or you never see them use those products again or talk about them. Bye

Although I don't subscribe to YT'ers, I do look around on there for product reviews. And, as soon as I hear anyone say that the owner sent them the product or they gush over a vendor's personality, etc., I click out. In my eyes, their credibility is shot. Real reviews are rare now.

PJaye

Thanks, Ladies, I won't bother with it. I need to have a seat and get on with washing and DCing my hair instead of procrastinating.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
I'm eyeing the Kurlee Belle Banana Nut DC and this Coco Coco Conscious stuff, but there aren't many non-sponsored reviews on them.

It's been a long time since I used the Kurlee Belle Banana Nut DC. I was relaxed when I used it.
It was really slippy, thin gel-like texture, applied nicely. I can't exactly remember the scent but it wasn't horrible (I did buy it three times). On my relaxed hair, I liked it but I do remember feeling like it wasn't providing enough moisture for me. I was pretty meh on it back then but I wonder if my natural hair will like it now since my hair is completely different from back then...:scratchchin:
Not that this sorta review helps much since I haven't tried it since then. And of course in true enthusiast fashion with all this discussion, I want to give it a try again for research purposes :look:

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
(I did buy it three times). On my relaxed hair, I liked it but it never provided enough moisture for me. I was pretty meh on it back then but I wonder if my natural hair will like it now since my technique is way better than back then...:scratchchin:
Not that this sorta review helps much since I haven't tried it since then. And of course in true enthusiast fashion with all this discussion, I want to give it a try again for research purposes :look:
@rileypak
Um....I feel a "PayNah" coming on with this story......:user:

PJaye

@PJaye
Ain't no sense in gettin' mad when you don't have to.:laugh:

For real. A subpar DC, especially a relatively expensive one that took eons to ship, can evoke some strong feelings of aggression.:laugh:

It's been a long time since I used the Kurlee Belle Banana Nut DC. I was relaxed when I used it.
It was really slippy, thin gel-like texture, applied nicely. I can't exactly remember the scent but it wasn't horrible (I did buy it three times). On my relaxed hair, I liked it but I don't remember feeling like it wasn't providing enough moisture for me. I was pretty meh on it back then but I wonder if my natural hair will like it now since my hair is completely different from back then...:scratchchin:

Thanks, I appreciate all honest input. I might mosey on over there and take another looksee...

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Thanks, I appreciate all honest input. I might mosey on over there and take another looksee...

Yeah sorry it was a wishy-washy kind of review. My relaxed hair did love it initially but ended up meh on it by the end of my third jar.
I'm pretty much natural now though so the outcome will [hopefully] be different. Grabbed a jar anyway so I can provide an updated review in the future :)

curlyhersheygirl

Hydratherma Naturals
30% OFF Sitewide 2 Hr. Flash Sale! Wednesday 5/11, 12-2pm EST

USE CODE FLASH30 at checkout on the
www.HydrathermaNaturals.com website and receive 30% off your entire purchase.

We only offer these deep discounts once a year. Be sure to purchase early. Items are sure to sell out!
Don't forget tell a friend!
Have a great one and thanks for being a valued customer.