New *2010* Transitioners Support Thread!

KurlyNinja

:look: so I was watching TV...

Inspired by mrsjohnson and Alta Angel, I decided to cut the back inch of my nape and I twisted that section (I need to get better with my twists!):

Then I thought "Why not chop a bigger section ?" ;)

2 more days and I'm going to be all natural :yay:

I'm going to bed now :grin:

I can't wait until your BC! I just wanted to let you know you were one of my first inspirations to go natural and join LHCF about 3 months ago and I stalk your fotki :sekret:

MummysGirl

^^^^Wooow thats some good growth!! I can't wait to be there! Thanks for the pics!
Thank you, my hair grows so slow so I'm glad you said that :)

WOW MG I can't wait for your BC thread!!
This weekend :yahoo:

look at all that luscious natural hair. :lick: can`t wait for the BC!
Thank you :)

Looking good MummysGirl! Great progress and very inspirational!
Thank you :)

Your hair looks fabulous!!! Doesn't it feel great to accomplish a goal? I look forward to joining you in the newly natural thread in 6 months!
I was almost beating myself up for not waiting till 20 months but my main goal was 18 months :yep: and I remember when I was actually thinking about a 1 year or 6 month transition so... yes it feel great :yay:

Whoa MG I can't wait for the 20th :grin:
Ekaette, I can't wait too o! :)

I can't wait until your BC! I just wanted to let you know you were one of my first inspirations to go natural and join LHCF about 3 months ago and I stalk your fotki :sekret:
:blush: Thank you so much!

LoveCraze

Naturalista
MG your hair is so full and thick! It's luscious!!! Oh your BC is going to be great I know it!!
I'll leave the light on for you in the Newly Natural Thread.:grin:

Bun Mistress

So ladies, I finally washed and detangled my hair after a month. I had buned for a week, then had cornrows for two weeks (I washed in braids then and fell inlove with my sample of alterna the science of ten) and finally on Sun took then down and wore my hair in PS.
I shed like a cat! I have been blow drying since the begining of the year and it have really cut down on alot of the fustration. I was about to BC before I just decided to strech my hair. I'm happy now, I can now continue on for another year or more.....

mrsjohnson75

:look: so I was watching TV...

Inspired by mrsjohnson and Alta Angel, I decided to cut the back inch of my nape and I twisted that section (I need to get better with my twists!):

Then I thought "Why not chop a bigger section ?" ;)

2 more days and I'm going to be all natural :yay:

I'm going to bed now :grin:

I was just stalking your fotki :grin: and left comments when I saw that you cut your nape. :dance7:You have some great length!!!! Your BC is going to be sooooo cool :drunk:!! I'm nervous and excited for you because it feels like I'm BCing:lachen:. I'm crazy I know but our hair is just alike so in 2 days I will know what I'll be working with :pepper::pulpdance: when I hit 18 months.

MummysGirl

Ladies... should I Chop tonight?

I planned to do so this weekend but I've been invited out tomorrow and Sunday evenings. I planned to go to the gym tomorrow morning (hair in braids) and stay home for the rest of the weekend... this has messed up my plans!!

So.... Chop Tonight? Please say YES!!!! :look:

It's 9.10pm here in the UK so tonight is NOW :lol:

Shay :yep: I'll do a video :grin:

Last edited:

ZkittyKurls

i think you should do it!! it will be a nice surprise for when you go out and plus itll give you a little time to figure out how to style it...didnt u say your bday was coming up? if so you could have it all worked out by then, without any unwanted hair disasters. :)

Grand Prix

MG, you did it!!

Whooh, congratulations!! :cheers:

Your transition was awesome, really, newbie transitioners are going to hear about your styles and techniques for years.. I'm so proud! :cry3: :grin:

Now where's the thread with all the pics!
:dance7:

TruMe

@MummysGirl - you really do have a good length. I wish I was at least there so that I could possibly think about chopping. CONGRATS!!!

LoveCraze

Naturalista
YAY!!! YOU DID IT!!!!! WHOOO HOOOOOO!!:dance7::clap::trampolin:bouncy:
And yes I agree, you have a head full of luscious naturalness going on!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS MG!!!

KurlyNinja

Oh yes I was ;)

I'd like to introduce you to my natural hair

More pictures coming... I need to cowash out all this gunk (conditioner used for chop) from my hair!

:yahoo: I did it!!!! 18 month transition, wooooohooooo!!!

:grin: CONGRATS!! I love it! Can't wait until I'm that far in my transition so I can snip, snip, snip. Such an inspiration.

MummysGirl

Cowashed, detangled...

Wet hair:

Then I snipped a lot of the stray ends
Slightly Damp:

I'm sooo tired so I put it in braids for the night:

I'll decide what to do with it tomorrow.

Thank so much ladies... I am soooo sleepy so I'll post my thread tomorrow.

:bighug:

Last edited:

mrsjohnson75

Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you! Your hair is thick and gorgeous :) you should be so proud and you have so much hair.....:) I can't wait to see your styles now! Thanks for the pics...you got me sooo excited about my BC now, although I said I wasn't doing one.

ZkittyKurls

we will be waiting for that thread.... :) i bet you will be so anxious to see what your hair will look like in the morning... omg! im so happy for you, im probably more anxious for you. lol so exciting!!

jerseygurl

Not a new member
Wow @MG your hair is delish!!! Congratulations on being fully natural I know you are excited. I hope I can make it to 18 months like you

Uniqzoe

Oh yes I was ;)

I'd like to introduce you to my natural hair

More pictures coming... I need to cowash out all this gunk (conditioner used for chop) from my hair!

:yahoo: I did it!!!! 18 month transition, wooooohooooo!!!

Hooray for you!!! Looking good lady, and that's a lot of growth in 18 months. Thanks for the inspiration because I haven't been feeling my hair this week, but your pics are giving me something to look forward to.