No Buy Challenge feb09-mar09

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Sign me up!! I'm too embarassed to share how much stuff I have bought in 2009. I just made my last purchased for Jan and I'm down to buy NOTHING until March 1

MizzBrown

So um, what yall ladies planning to buy in the next three days before you go "No Buy"??

Me?:

-Picked up some Fantasia Gel at CVS
-I want that SheaMoisture Leave-in

That's all! See! Not that bad!

La Colocha

So um, what yall ladies planning to buy in the next three days before you go "No Buy"??

Me?:

-Picked up some Fantasia Gel at CVS
-I want that SheaMoisture Leave-in

That's all! See! Not that bad!

Now mizzbrown, butterfly came up in here and busted you out:lachen: I know you got more than that. lol. I purchased some afroveda, i wanted to try it, can't think of anything else i want, now:look:.

La Colocha

Hi ladies tommorrow at midnight, the end of the world is nigh:lachen:. We will be ok. Is everyone ready or still getting last minute shopping in? I got all my stuff, but i still want more:look:.

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
Hi ladies tommorrow at midnight, the end of the world is nigh:lachen:. We will be ok. Is everyone ready or still getting last minute shopping in? I got all my stuff, but i still want more:look:.

Im over here doing a mental checklist of all the new stuff I want, either to order on line or make a quick dash to the BS..I think Im good though...(rocks back and forth while staring at Hairveda web page)

Junebug D

Just want to find some of the AO HSR conditioner, then I'll be set! :grin:

MrJohnsonsRib

I would be lying and say I'm gonna be able ot do this, but that's cause I'm searching for that special something....lol but for those of you that are trying to stop the urge of shopping I would say go do some "shopping" in your own cabinets, you may be surprised at what you find- I've done it before when I looked thru all my hair clutter- and by the time you finish yo umay get overwhelmed by the mass and not desire to buy a new item or you may just find something "new" that you forgot you had!! lol! :grin: Hope everyone meets their goals!

missnurselady

add me please. i dont need to nan nother conditioner, leave in, shampoo, flat iron( i just brought me a wet to dry today lol) or nothing else. I will reward myself with a trip to the salon for my birthday in March!

MizzBrown

Okay so i gathered up ALL my hair care products and purged some and threw them all in 3 boxes so that i could assess what I had.

:nono: I couldn't believe how much hair products I had. I felt really bad. It was just wasteful. I could've bought a savings bond with the money.

A lot of stuff i forgot I had. I should take pics.

La Colocha

Okay so i gathered up ALL my hair care products and purged some and threw them all in 3 boxes so that i could assess what I had.

:nono: I couldn't believe how much hair products I had. I felt really bad. It was just wasteful. I could've bought a savings bond with the money.

A lot of stuff i forgot I had. I should take pics.

Mizzbrown you have more guts than me, i do not have the courage right now to look, maybe tommorrow, when i buy something new the old stuff gets pushed to the back. I have no idea whats behind the newer products.:look:

Amethyst85

Add me to your list! I can't stop buying hair products even though I have enough to last me a few months. This challenge would really help me

La Colocha

Add me to your list! I can't stop buying hair products even though I have enough to last me a few months. This challenge would really help me

Welcome adding you to the list. I do understand i went to walgreens this morning for paper goods and ended up buying 2 hair products.:nono: Hopefully by the end of this challenge i will have less in my cabinets. I have to go through stuff tonight maybe ill have something for the swap boards.

La Colocha

Ladies the challenge is still open if anyone is interested. Has anyone thought of how they will reward themselves after this challenge?

Ozma

I'm in.
I splurged for some things on sale at Sally's yesterday, but it's back to my budget until March.

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
Ladies the challenge is still open if anyone is interested. Has anyone thought of how they will reward themselves after this challenge?

*Raises Hand* I have! I decided to start a hair fund for myself...So for the month of Feb-March, every time I get the urge to spend, I will add to it. At the end of the month I will make one big purchase for something I really need that isnt hair related.

La Colocha

*Raises Hand* I have! I decided to start a hair fund for myself...So for the month of Feb-March, every time I get the urge to spend, I will add to it. At the end of the month I will make one big purchase for something I really need that isnt hair related.

That is a good idea suchma usually when im done with a challange i always buy a bunch a hair stuff. A never ending cycle, but this one is for my mom. Good luck we only have a little more time.

@ms. lyons got you down.

Nya33

Please sign me up I really need to join!
I just bought a new wig (again) and I have to start using all my products up or I will be broke! :lachen:

Nya33

Thanks for adding me so quickly!

Need inner strength for this challenge my reward will be a new purse!

Rapunzel*

can u add me im in