No Buy Product Challenge 2011 pt.1

13StepsAhead

@Charz would a coupon count as a sale? I found out that my natural hair likes a DC that my transitioning hair hated and I'll be out pretty soon.
I know every so often Sally's has a coupon in the sunday paper so I may be able to pick one up whenever they have a coupon, but I'm not sure if the ever have ORS on sale. I'm in no rush to re-up, but I want to make sure it's ok when the bottle is completely empty, but I can probably wait until next leg if not because it will definitly go on my staples list in place of something else.

Vonnieluvs08

Still going strong. I finished another Skala, hibiscus powder, 1 pack of henna on Thursday

I'm too broke to buy anything if I even wanted too.

JJamiah

Hello Ladies

I am finding that I am using a LOT of product at one time now adays :cry3:
I bought a 30 Trial of WEN. I have yet to use the Cleanser but I am liking the Styling creme and the Texture Balm alot. Since I am a fan of Hair One Olive Oil.

I was gifted my DRC-28 so I took back unopened aphogee 2 step to the store along with various other closet space takers. HUH felt good

Lately I find myself using conditioner faster than normal. It is like my hair is Greedy.

I am low on a lot of things but most likely won't use them up completely until the end of March.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
:blush: Teach me your ways!:lachen::lachen:

I will have at least a conditioner and a Skala gone by this weekend.

Once you open something use it until it is done. Do not rotate products. Or if you feel you must rotate products only 2 max. It works :yep:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Once you open something use it until it is done. Do not rotate products. Or if you feel you must rotate products only 2 max. It works :yep:.

Shole Does:lol: It definitely works.:drunk:

This was one of the most valuable lessons I learned from Ms. Shay!:grin:

bronzebomb

I used 2 passes! Forgive me for not posting sooner... I'm a PJ, yes, a junkie!

I purchased the pimento oil and Alter ego conditioner

Minty

I'm doing good but feeling overwhelmed at times. I'm saving good money that's been going toward travel plans - and purchasing luggage.

I still haven't used up any other bottles.

I've been lightly journaling, more note ,what products I really like, because I don't want to be bothered next year.

Adonia1987

I finished Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding :yay: I gave a lot of my products away, but i still have a couple of conditioners to use up before I am left with my staples.

Vonnieluvs08

So I caved yesterday and bought somethings from the exchange board.

I was depressed after paying a $350 traffic fine and wanted to treat myself.

Only one pass left.

I'm disappointed in myself.

13StepsAhead

So I caved yesterday and bought somethings from the exchange board.

I was depressed after paying a $350 traffic fine and wanted to treat myself.

Only one pass left.

I'm disappointed in myself.

Don't be disappointed in yourself; think of all of the products you didn't buy in January. You are actually doing pretty good:yep: Take it for what it is and keep moving forward.

13StepsAhead

I finished 2 more products this week (3 if you want to include the bottle of Hair vitamins I had in my stash). I'm getting that itch to buy something; I just keep telling myself to wait until the BB show to use a pass.

bronzebomb

I used up my Carol's Daughter Hair milk...

still got a bunch of stuff to use up. I wanna try that Dudley's protein condiitoner Charz spoke of. I'll use a pass at the hair show. Cuz, I'm done with hair stuff for now...I think I'm bored now.

I want that Gucci bag for my Ipad.

13StepsAhead

Depending on what day you ladies go to the hair show we should definitely meet up for support. I know if I go by myself I'm bound to buy any and everything:ohwell:

Last edited:

Vonnieluvs08

I got my taxes done yesterday. The money will be in my account next week. These are my plans for the refund:

1. Pay off credit card (again!)
2. Gift $300 to a friend in Kenya
3. Save what's left after paying off CC
4. Put $700 toward my plane ticket to Kenya.
5. Put $150 toward BB show (or other hair purchase $100)
6. $100 for clothes for Mexico vacay

Pray that I can stick to this and not go crazy spending. I'm hoping this money will help with a down payment on a house.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I've finished 4 products since February began. So far since the start of the challenge I have finished 19 products. I will be using both of my passes for this leg by Monday.

13StepsAhead

*Update*
-I used one pass on the curlmart v-day sale to try out the MHC honey hair mask and got a free product (not sample)
- I also used up two more products

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Used my two passes so I won't be able to purchase anything until the next leg. Unless I am replacing a staple and I feel really okay with that :yep:.

Vonnieluvs08

I'm all tapped out for this leg. Didn't use up much this month being in braids. Hoping to use up more next month.

Definitely back on the wagon spent more than I would have preferred. Ready to get back into savings mode.

bronzebomb

I have passes left...but I had no idea that I would use 2 passes in the months of Jan/Feb. I'm a little disappointed in myself...I must have been a little down and felt like spending a little money. I think I have eveything I want from Komaza now. Thank goodness Qhemet removed the twsiting cream from the site (which probably means she is pushing back the launch date). -that will give me time to recover and not blow all my passes in the beginning of the year.

I am going to have to stay away from these threads and use my products! I really do not need a thing!

maxineshaw

Finally finished reading through this thread. Congrats to everyone who has been successful...and not so successful. This thread is a really good idea IMO. I really needed it.

I just came back from a hiatus. I haven't been on LHCF since 1/2/11. Because I have altered the products in my rotation, I deleted my initial post in this thread. So I guess starting today I will be somewhat unofficially participating in the first leg of this challenge, and then officially for the rest.

I plan on using the following for the remaining legs of the challenge:

1. Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo
2. Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner
3. Oyin Handmade Juices and Berries
4. Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream
5. Qhemet Biologics Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm

I don't really have any other staples, and I don't think I need any. I don't actually have the OHHB in my possession (I've had the other products for a while though). I will be purchasing that on Tuesday. I purchase QB products locally. The store I get them from-Heritage Health Foods in Country Club Hills, IL/south suburb of Chicago-has a 20% off sale on everything in the store the first Tuesday of every month. That takes the balm down from around $17 to around $13. Waiting to purchase=saving some ducats.:yep:

13StepsAhead

@Charz I just died at your siggy :lachen: :dead:(ETA: I just realized it says "help me grow" at the bottom:lachen::lachen:)

On another note I've used 2 more products. I'm noticing that my stash is slowly getting smaller.

Last edited: