No Buy Product Challenge 2011 pt.1

Vonnieluvs08

One month left...Wooohooo!!

I'm ready to use up some products this month. Last month I only used up 3-5.

So far in March I've used up 2 and know I'll use up another 1 or 2 products tonight.

After using my passes I'm set for a while. Definitely ready to hunker down and save and use up some products during the spring and summer. All the while growing some healthy hair.

Adonia1987

Used up one Body shop Banana conditioner. I have two back ups. I went back to KBB sweet ambrosia and absolutely love it now. I think it will become a staple.

maxineshaw

So...I really needed something for my scalp. It's super dry and disgustingly flaky. I don't own anything that I can put on it, and I did not want to purchase anything. After thinking really really hard about it, I called my sister and asked if I could have her EVCO (old staple). She brought it right over. Problem solved, and I didn't spend a dime. :yay:

On another note...I just realized something crazy. I BC'd on Oct. 6, 2007. If I make it through this month, it will be the first month since I've started this journey that I didn't buy *something* for my hair. I wonder how much money I've spent. Probably way up there.

ETA:Just realized after checking my blog that I bought that QB replenishment on March 1. Whatever...:blah:

Last edited:

Minty

I didn't purchase any hair products.

...but I bought a kindle. I love it. It was a great investment and I'm very pleased with a purchase -

There are a few other things I've done money wise - that dollar can only be spent once.

--I didn't even go to the hair show. I couldn't think of a good enough reason to go, even though I love the energy and the classes. I may peep in tomorrow just to say hey to a few folks, but there won't be any more in my pocket than my usual 'daily in case' money.

So what are you all doing?

bronzebomb

I purchased the KBB Heavenly JoJoba Oil...so I guess I'm no longer in the challenge! :cry: I have one more pass to use and it's a wrap. I'll try not to use it, but I just received a coupon from Qhemet...I'm buying something! I tried.

AlliCat

I used a pass today! Bought Lustrasilk Mango & shea cholesterol...this was NOT an impulse buy. I've been looking for it for about a year now. :)

13StepsAhead

Just finished 2 products today:
1. Qhemets OHHB
2. Mane n' Tail Shea butter and Aloe moisturizer

I think I may use my last pass for this leg on the Hairveda sale.

beautyaddict1913

Im just now seeing this challenge and Im in! Hope Im not too late!

Name: BeautyAddict

Participation: 3 legs (got to let it go for Black Friday next year lol)

Staples:
1. Yes to Tomatoes conditioner
2. Hairveda Moist 24/7
3. Hairveda Sitrinillah
4. JBCO
5. Vitamin E oil
6. KCKT
7. Qhemet OHHB
8. SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
9. SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Mask
10. Taliah Wajiid Protective Mist Bodifier

This list was hard to compile because I love Chagrin Valley shampoo bars but Im still looking for my staple liquid shampoo, so I dont have anything to wash my hair with on this list lol.

Going to save my passes for major CurlMart, Qhemet, Hairveda, and SheScentIt sales!

Of the things on this list since I began this challenge I have only putchased Yes to Tomatoes, Moist 24/7, Sitrinillah, and JBCO. My staples list will look a little different next time! I have not been PERFECT while on the challenge but Im better off being in it than out of it lol! It has really helped me to keep my trying things to a minimum. I am excited for the next leg and will do much better....this is almost like rehab for me lol!

13StepsAhead

:hiya: ladies how has everyone been holding up? This thread has been mighty quiet.

- I used my 2nd pass for this leg on Donna Marie she gave a 20% discount code if you are a fan of her FB page.
Charz when does the next leg start? I need to update my staples list.

maxineshaw

:hiya: ladies how has everyone been holding up? This thread has been mighty quiet.

- I used my 2nd pass for this leg on Donna Marie she gave a 20% discount code if you are a fan of her FB page.
Charz when does the next leg start? I need to update my staples list.

I hate Facebook exclusive sales. I don't use it so I always wind up missing out.

BTW, On the first post it says that this leg runs until April 30th. So, I assume May 1st.

13StepsAhead

MaxJones Thanks I didn't even bother to look back at the first page. The sell is going on until 3/23, the code is FBFAN if you want to use it (I hope I don't get in trouble by miss Charz for posting that :blush:)

maxineshaw

MaxJones Thanks I didn't even bother to look back at the first page. The sell is going on until 3/23, the code is FBFAN if you want to use it (I hope I don't get in trouble by miss Charz for posting that :blush:)

13StepsAhead You're welcome. I've searched for the answer to that question several times myself. Hope I'm actually successful on the second leg...:look:

13StepsAhead

Soooooo.... I failed this challenge, I was doing so well until curlmart sent me the 20% off coupon. I've been waiting to try a line but I couldnt justify the price + shipping. Anywho, I spent money 3x on hair products since January Hell if you don't call that saving then I don't know what else is. I think I may just join the U1B1 challenge that may be better suited to my needs. Good luck ladies, I may see you all in the next leg. At least I'm getting my PJism slightly under control

JJamiah

I am going to leave this challenge. I have been doing pretty decent. I just have been using up more than I thought I would. Which is good but then I purchase. SO I am exiting this challenge.

GOOD Luck to all the ladies here and Charz thanks for having me. :)

Last edited:

beautyaddict1913

I definitely need to take the next leg more serously! I am getting overwhelmed with my stash again! I have nowhere to store things! I am getting weave for 2 months so I know that will help me keep my mind off of buying bcuz I won't log in here as often but it wont help me use up anything! I will only buy from my staple vendors on the next challenge and only when on sale. No using passes for sales from vendors that aren't on my list! Going to try to keep this up until Black Friday! I literally have enough to tide me over until Black Friday 2012, especially with the way I protective style!

13StepsAhead

I hope everyone is a little more active in the second leg; knowing that I wasn't in this alone kept me away from buying products. I just can't pass up a good deal, I blame my mother she'll buy almost anything if it's on sale.

babyu21

I did pretty well this leg. The only thing I purchased was some shampoo because I needed it. I am waiting on the new CON Argan Oil line to come out and I already know I will be purchasing it so...

I plan to use up the last little bit of my Renpure conditioner, it really didn't impress me at all so I will not repurchase it. I am almost out of my Argan Oil but I have a back up of that to use up.

Charz

Sinister Minister
Oh and my results:

I bought:

Hairveda (Pass)
8x Sitrinillah DC
8x Moist 24/7 *staple*

Qhemet
2x AOHC *staple*
2x BRBC *staple*
1x MTCG *staple*
1x OHHB fail
1x CTDG fail

Hair and Body Boutique in Silver Spring (pass)
Uncle Funky's Curl Magic
KC Come Clean Shampoo
Komaza Care Protein Spray

I think I did pretty well. I am going to change my staples tho...

Old Staples
1. KCKT
2. KCCC
3. AOHSR
4. Giovonni Silk Shampoo
5. HV Moist 24/7
6. Qhemet BRBC
7. Qhemet AOHC
8. Qhemet Moringa DC
9. Redken Extreme Reconstuctor

New Staples
1. Uncle Funky Curl Magic
2. KCCC
3. AOHSR
4. Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo
5. Qhemet Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee
6. Qhemet BRBC
7. Qhemet AOHC
8. Qhemet Moringa DC
9. Hairveda Sitrinillah
10. Hairveda Moist 24/7

Last edited:

13StepsAhead

So I've been using up things in my stash I forgot I had/ things I had when I was relaxed and I have developed an updated list for the 2nd leg of this challenge. I hope this time around is better than the last; I only plan to use a pass at the BB hair show in May (mainly hair tools/accesories) and that's it because I have way too much to use.

Updated Staples List
1. CON moisturizing poo (original formula; my BSS still sells it)
2. Qhemet OHHB
2. Qhemet BRBC
3. V05 strawberries and cream conditioner for co-washing and detangling
4. Vatika Frosting
5. Shea Moisture Restorative Elixer
6. GVP Joico KPak
7. Eco Styler Argan oil gel
8. Shea Moisture Hair Milk
9. HV Moist 24/7 Pro
10. ORS Replenishing Conditioner

Hey all, my name is Ashley and I'll be committing to the first 2 legs for now.
My staple product are:
1. Giovanni TTT shampoo
2. Qhemet BRBC
3. Qhemet OHHB
4.v05 strawberries and cream conditioner for co-washing and detangling
5. Vatika frosting
6.AOHSR
7.SSI Banana brulee
8.JBCO
9.Eco styler olive oil gel
10.Donna Marie cocoa hemp hair milk

Last edited:

maxineshaw

For the next leg (which I plan on actually succeeding at:look:) I have decided to go back to cheaper staples. I want to see if I can take care of my hair using very inexpensive products that have been staples in the past.

1. Nutiva EVCO
  2. Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo
  3. Suave Naturals Conditioner
  4. Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise
  5. Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer
  6. Elasta QP Leave-In Spray
  7. Queen Helene Cholesterol
  8. Safflower Oil
Happy April Fools everyone:grin:

ETA: I took out the juices (too many issues) and went back to Elasta QP. I didn't buy a new jar. I already have one. This is my final list.

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I used up a total of 33 products during this leg of the challenge. I bought 28 :blush: products so that is only a difference of 5 :nono:. As you can see I tend to haul.

I bought:

Hairveda
Sitrinillah x4 *staple*

Claudie's Hair Revitalizer (pass)
Protein Conditioner x4 *staple*
Braid Spray
Shea Pomade
Reconstructor x4
Deep Moisturizing Conditioner x4

Komaza (pass)
Intense Moisture Therapy x4
Moja Conditioner x4
Honey Comb Rejuvenator
Moku Hair Oil

1. Hairveda's Sitrinillah
2. Aloe Vera Gelly
3. Bentonite Clay
4. Kinky Curly's Knot Today
5. Claudie's Hair Revitalizer Protein Conditioner
6. Hairveda's Whipped Cream
7. Sunshine
8. Coconut oil
9. Komaza's Hair Strengthener
10. Hairveda's Hydrasilica

I need to think about this staples list. I know bentonite clay and coconut oil both will be coming off because I use these products on my body and my hair.

13StepsAhead

Hey ladies. I'm ready for this leg to begin, I'm not even going to say how much Shea Moisture I purchased to get myself ready :look: