Spring/Summer Cowash Challenge 2010

mEmYSELFaNDj

Last week I decided to try Suave almond and Shea Butter, and et me tell you that conditioner is the bomb. It gives your hair sooo much slip, like instantly my hair is ridiculously soft. Im so glad I decided to try this. Anybody else in love with this conditioner?

Truth

:look: now that i'm out of weaves.. I'm back to co-washing daily.. Co washed this morning with Pantene relaxed n Natural.. tomorrow will more then likely be gariner triple nutrition... Oh cowashing daily is back and back for good!

grow

cowashing today with my raspberry ice cream looking ayurvedic powders / flaxseed, ao hsr, jane carter, evoo handmade conditioner mix!

cannot wait to get that super soft paste on my head!

Kindheart

i ve just cowashed with Pantene Renewal ( Repair &Protect) .my hair feels very clean and soft ,i used up about half jar mainly cuz i m trying to finish up as many products as possible :spinning:,Im a PJ to the core ,i thought i ve improved throughout the years but it keeps hunting me back ...:ohwell:
I wont be cowashing every single day simply cuz i dont have the energy or the time ,i m tryiing to limit heat aswell and i always get a headache when i airdry so i ll stick to cowashing 1nce or 2ce a week +poo /DC routine.

sensi sweetie

I really need a cowash today. I got lazy the past 2 days preparing for finals so my scalp looks a little oily. I think im going to use kiwi lime clarifying condish followed up with AO HSR<3 love it so much its replaced my beloved Lustrasilk SBMC ATM.

Still loving regular cowashing. :)

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

Just co-washed kind of.....I don't use the conditioner like shampoo anymore. I only apply it to the length of my hair but I used LeKair. I don't really care for this stuff, I'm just trying to use it up. I have about 50% of the tub to get through....think it should be gone by the middle of August.

Vonnieluvs08

Cowashed twice this week with Skala SB (used it up!!) and did a quick rinse with the G3. Hair has been loving the combo.

Will cowash after this henna with V05.

LaNecia

Hey Ladies, I'm in.

Cowashing with DDTA (yes, almost through my incredo stash) or Aussie Moist, leave-in with DDTA, Aussie Moist or Oyin Honey Hemp. I top off with a dollop of Miss Jessie's Baby Butter Cream and then add a gel to help with curl.

Frequency about 4 x's a week (haven't perfected the second day hair from a wash-n-go yet).

I don't use heat other than to diffuse or deep condition my hair, seems happiest with is way.

cch24

Someone gave me a bottle of Yes to Cucumbers conditioner. I'll use it because I have it, but not until I finish my current bottle of Tresemme Naturals, and when the Cucumbers is done, I won't repurchase.

Missjae09

This is a GREAT challenge! I wish i could have joined.. but I hope you ladies are having a ton of success with it!

cch24

Just got in from two hours in the garden and felt like cowashing again. I used the Yes to Cucumbers and it felt like it stripped my hair! I threw it away. It was free, and I have my Tresemme Naturals to look forward to in the morning.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Just co-washed with TRESemme Moisture Rich. MY hair feels beautifully soft but I feel a little guilty about using cones. Haven't used them in a while and my hair has been great without them. I think I will use up all my cone products first and save the best (non-cone products) for last!

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Been cowashing with either DB's Pumpkin Condish or Oyin's Honey Hemp the past 3 days. Hair always feels soft and moisturized with either conditioner.

cch24

Used up the last of my Tresemme Naturals this morning! I'll be picking two bottles up after work. That should last me these next three weeks before I go back to school.

grow

today is day 26 of my cowashing streak!

meaning the 26th. cowash in 26 days.....i'm really trying to keep it up everyday for the whole summer.

so far, so good!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I cowash everyday too, grow. I just forget to post in here sometimes. Cowashed with HV's Acai Berry on Saturday. Cowashed with Amala Cream Rinse on Sunday and this morning.

grow

great to know, Shay!

what differences have you noticed from doing this?

i just started on a daily basis, so it's still kinda new to me.

thanks!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
grow--It keeps my hair extremely moisturized,soft,and easy to detangle. I use natural condishes only and for my hair it makes a huge difference. If I'm combating dryness at any time it means I am not sticking to my routine.

grow

thanks alot for sharing this, Shay!

i guess i'll see the results in September when i perm.

i rarely see my hair dry these days.....

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Cowashed this morning with Claudie's Moisturizing Conditioner.Not sure I like this scent I picked. I have to look back and remember not to order this scent next time.