Twisting FOR Growth Challenge Part 4!!!!!!

VidaStarr

Yall didn't know... but I was already apart of this challenge! I've been doing this since january. I don't have any pics tho unfortunately.

omachine

Ok so I finally updated in the last thread and my fotki. Here is my starting point. I just finished doing a fresh set of twist last night. They are chunkier then usual but I dont plan on wearing these long. I went the wknd with my hair out and it felt great. This month will mark a year w/o heat. I am so proud of myself for not even getting the urge to straighten my hair once. So I plan on going another year or until my year mark of the BC. I hope to get some great growth results by the end of this challenge (April my Bday month). I plan on wearing twist 95% of the time, deep conditioning once a wk whether in twist or not, henna at least twice a month, and co washing when needed.
Good luck ladies!!! Cant wait to see what the next four months bring. More pics in my fotki

Starting fro

Starting twist

bablou...congrads regarding the heat free year....i love the twists!!... and april is my birthday month too!...much success with your hair journey...

bablou00

Hello Ladies: I think today was suppose to be our last day of our challenge. I wanted to put in a couple of pics however the rest is in my fotki if you want to check my updates. I didnt get much growth this winter which is expected. Im looking forward to spring/summer. I think the cowashing does a lot more for my hair then I thought and I slowed down during the winter because of the cold. I plan on upping that and my henna treatments. I did one this pass wknd and my hair feels great. Are we doing another challenge...if so add me in!!! Hope all is well.

Jan 2010

April 2010

oooop2

I didn't think about letting it dry. I was working w/damp hair.

I think I'm going to straighten my hair next month to check the length and determine whether or not I will cut. It's too hard to tell now because different parts shrink up more than other. And I am definitely done w/the wash n go's. I knew better I was just trying to do something quick w/my hair.

Hopefully you won't have to cut much if any.

Hey ladies so I think this challenge is getting ready to come to an end huh?? I have been traveling so much this pass month so I havent been on here that much but lurking here and there at work or on my phone. I plan to put up pics from my last twist in my fotki tomorrow night after I get out of a class. My hair definitely stops growing thru the winter. I have had no growth since Decemberish...kinda sucks but Im okay with it. I know spring and summer are around the corner and I will see some growth when I start washing daily. Everyones hair looks great and I cant wait to see everyones results

Thanks for checking in. My hair goes through growth spurts also. Seem to get the most growth in the warmer month. We'll see what happens this year.

CHECKIN: Twisting every 3-4 weeks is working well for me. It helps me keep my hands off my ends. Here's my new do for the next cycle. Cornrows into twists. More pics in the fotki.

How's everyone else doing?

Your twist look nice. Your hair is definitely growing.

Sorry for not posting for a while, I broke my wrist and the best I can do right now is bun. I started a thread about Mwedzi twisting my hair for me. This week is the first week I really didn't have pain so I'm back to typing, yeah! Anyway sorry ladies for not being activity in this thread and I apologize again.:grin:

Sorry about your wrist. Definitely take care of yourself and I hope it gets better soon.....

:perplexed

Not much of a difference, but these are the results.

Thanks for sharing and being a part of this challenge. Do you notice that your growth slows down during the winter months? Did you do/not do something in your regime that could have caused these results?

Update:

THIS CHALLENGE IN OFFICIALLY OVER :yep:

Been busy with life lately, so haven't had much time to check in. Learned that at this point in my hair journey, I am definitely over using twist as my go-to style. I found that this time around, I hardly wanted to keep my hair in twist, but rather twist overnight, then wear twistout for 3-4 days, then wash and retwist again. Only to undo once again the next day. I am glad that I have been able to obtain as much growth as I have wearing twist, but I think for now, twistouts are going to be my style of choice. With that being said, I am going to pass the TFG baton off to anyone who feels as though this is a challenge that they would like to continue. And I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines.

I'm currently on vacation, but will post my ending growth for this challenge sometime this week.

Hope everyone had a blessed Easter.

bablou00

:perplexed

Not much of a difference, but these are the results.

Im telling ya...it has to be the winter!!! Thats what Im blaming it on...lol!! I really didnt change anything and have only trimmed my hair once since I chopped it. Hopefully next time around we will get some great results

loolalooh

Im telling ya...it has to be the winter!!! Thats what Im blaming it on...lol!! I really didnt change anything and have only trimmed my hair once since I chopped it. Hopefully next time around we will get some great results

I'm blaming it on that, too. LOL! It means more growth in the summer. :grinwink:

miss Congeniality

It feels as if my hair got fuller instead of longer. I stretched my hair out for a week and by the end I was tempted to cut it all off. I had use headbands to pull it back. We will see what the summer will bring.

solewoman

I have a questions in regards to twists...if your twists are around your neck/shoulder area...does that create potential harm to ends like if hair was straightened? Meaning should i keep my hair even though it is in twists off my neck/shoulders?

Miss AJ

I have a questions in regards to twists...if your twists are around your neck/shoulder area...does that create potential harm to ends like if hair was straightened? Meaning should i keep my hair even though it is in twists off my neck/shoulders?

i would pin them up but if you do like to wear them down, just make sure to really moisturize and seal the ends of your twists.

dlove

I got 1/2 to 3/4 inch of growth since Jan. I am experiencing very very little breakage from not washing like I have since I learned to wash my wash my hair, in swirls ( think commercials). I wash in braids or slather my hair with shampoo smoothing down in one direction. I also use the Jilbere shower comb and detangle under the water using KCKT. I get a ball of hair the size of a bumble bee each and every time. I know that is contributing to my success.

oooop2

I got 1/2 to 3/4 inch of growth since Jan. I am experiencing very very little breakage from not washing like I have since I learned to wash my wash my hair, in swirls ( think commercials). I wash in braids or slather my hair with shampoo smoothing down in one direction. I also use the Jilbere shower comb and detangle under the water using KCKT. I get a ball of hair the size of a bumble bee each and every time. I know that is contributing to my success.

Yes the Jilbere shower comb is great. What's KCKT?

oooop2

I hardly ever pin up my twist. And unstretched they rest below shoulder length. Just make sure to keep them properly moisturized and you should be fine.

Ms Lala

Hey ladies...I didn't do a length check yet, but decided to post my current fro.

Wow, I like your fro. Your hair looks really healthy. I have stopped twisting my hair and I need to get back to it. I'm getting frustrated w/styling my loose hair on a daily basis. I cut it last week. I should have just twisted it up. I think I cut off any length I retained in this last round. IF you do another challenge let me know, it forced me to keep my hair styled and twisted. I'm looking a mess right now.

oooop2

Wow, I like your fro. Your hair looks really healthy. I have stopped twisting my hair and I need to get back to it. I'm getting frustrated w/styling my loose hair on a daily basis. I cut it last week. I should have just twisted it up. I think I cut off any length I retained in this last round. IF you do another challenge let me know, it forced me to keep my hair styled and twisted. I'm looking a mess right now.

Hey girl...Thanks for the compliment. I totally can relate to not wearing twist. I gave them up for awhile, but recently saw some cute twist and jumped back on the bandwagon. As stated in this thread, I've passed on the Twisting For Growth baton to anyone else who wants to run it. After running 4 of them I'm done..LOL

Someone recently started a Twist for Growth 2010 challenge, so definitely check it out.