Twisting FOR Growth Challenge Part 4!!!!!!

Vonnieluvs08

Hello ladies!

Well, finally I have a bit of an update to post... took out my nearly 4 week old twists yesterday for a twist-out (which i think I'll probably wear most of this week). Here are a few pics of the twists and the resulting TO - not very good ones, but just an idea. I should go back to taking pics of my hair:
Very pretty you and your twists!!

Back to lurking for ideas of products and methods.:look:

oooop2

$65 is good, especially if she's doing twists. I always get told $90+ and I can't swing that on a regular basis.

Yeah..I doubt I'll be paying $65 on a regular basis when I can twist myself. I just have a need to someone to do my hair for a change...LOL

CHECK IN:
I wore a twist out for 2 days after a wearing twists for 5 days.

I sectioned my hair into 4 and plaited.

I shampooed in the 4 plaits, applied condish, unraveled, finger combed then used my K cutter to detangle with conditoner on under the shower. I only did this because I haven't combed my hair in 3 weeks.

I got about the width and depth of a 1/2 a thumb. I thought that was great considering the conditions.

Then I did the unthinkable: I combed again after appling my rosemary and sage mix. It just seemed so "nontangled" for some reason. Anyway, i got another "thumb amount" from just part sections- my 4b crown area and a little from the front.

I looked at the hairs in my comb and said " I 've got to stop using that comb!"

Yeah..Combs aren't my friend. I'm too heavy handed.

Hello ladies!

Well, finally I have a bit of an update to post... took out my nearly 4 week old twists yesterday for a twist-out (which i think I'll probably wear most of this week). Here are a few pics of the twists and the resulting TO - not very good ones, but just an idea. I should go back to taking pics of my hair:

Looking good Jax. It's definitely growing.

Well my hair feels a million times better since I've deep condition my hair. I think I will do it twice a week for the winter

I need to DC more. I need to put it on my to do list.

Update on me:

Cowashed and placed hair in large twist yesterday. Apply my shea mix and then some ORS twisting gel before twisting. Was pleasantly surprised that I liked how the ORS made my hair feel. Will definitely use it again.

Getting my hair professionally done on Wed. Will post pics :)

loolalooh

CHECKIN: Took down the micro twists after 4 weeks. Finger detangled, washed, deep conditioned, detangled with the D3 (was lazy), air dried, then put in big twists. Will wear them for 3-4 weeks.

Here are the twists styled. Two french braids. More pics in the fotki:

Last edited:

productjunkie814

I've been MIA!!! I'm wearing a twist out now, and I'm hoping to put twists in on Sunday...now I have to go back and read the posts I missed while I was gone!

oooop2

CHECKIN: Took down the micro twists after 4 weeks. Finger detangled, washed, deep conditioned, detangled with the D3 (was lazy), air dried, then put in big twists. Will wear them for 3-4 weeks.

Gorgeous girl. I need to stop being LAZY and update my fotki...

Ms Lala

This is really cute. I am taking a break from the half wigs this week and am back wearing fat twists pulled into a pony tail.

Last edited:

oooop2

How is everyone doing? My twist are still going strong after a week of being done. Hopefully they will last for the 3-4wks like the stylist stated.

Balck top is when they were 1st done. Grey top a week later.

Have a great Valentine's Day!!!

loolalooh

How is everyone doing? My twist are still going strong after a week of being done. Hopefully they will last for the 3-4wks like the stylist stated.

Balck top is when they were 1st done. Grey top a week later.

Have a great Valentine's Day!!!

They still look REALLY beautiful!! Happy Valentine's to you as well.

miss Congeniality

Oooop, your hair looks great.

I am putting a new set of twist in. I am starting to feel frustrated with my hair. Shrinkage is getting on my nerves. I think I am going to have to start wearing my twist in some type of up do to keep my ends off of my shoulders.

Ms Lala

I am back to wearing twists under a halfwig. I really want to get to waist length and I think the less manipulation the better. The most growth I've ever gotten was when I did a Hide your hair challenge for 4 months using wigs.
I also tried Taliah Waajid's protective bodifying mist last week, my hair seems to like it. It worked great on my twists and on my loose hair.

Jaxhair

I wore twist outs for a week, twisted big for a day and wore twist outs again last week. I'm deep conditioning and cleansing with bentonite clay and will retwist with the hope for having the new set last at least 2-3 weeks.

bablou00

Wow ladies everyones hair looks BEAUTIFUL!!! I have been MIA for a bit but not much new with my hair. I just took a 3wk old twist out for the wknd. DC'd, shampoo'd, detangled and twisted up today. I did it in 3hrs...3hrs I cant believe it! Granted they are a little bigger than normal since Im taking them out next Friday but 3hrs. I couldnt wrap my mind around it...haha!!! There are pics in my fotki if you want to check them out I will put a couple in the thread. I just purchased some Ojon Ive been wanting to try so I will let you ladies know how it goes. Ive been good on not buying anything and I probably didnt need to buy but I wanted something different. If it doesnt work I have people at work I can sell the products to!!! Hope everyone is well.

Twist out

During my twist

loolalooh

Wow ladies everyones hair looks BEAUTIFUL!!! I have been MIA for a bit but not much new with my hair. I just took a 3wk old twist out for the wknd. DC'd, shampoo'd, detangled and twisted up today. I did it in 3hrs...3hrs I cant believe it! Granted they are a little bigger than normal since Im taking them out next Friday but 3hrs. I couldnt wrap my mind around it...haha!!! There are pics in my fotki if you want to check them out I will put a couple in the thread. I just purchased some Ojon Ive been wanting to try so I will let you ladies know how it goes. Ive been good on not buying anything and I probably didnt need to buy but I wanted something different. If it doesnt work I have people at work I can sell the products to!!! Hope everyone is well.

Twist out

During my twist

Three words: Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!

bablou00

Ahhh thanks girl:blush:!!

I am really luving me some twistouts lately:heart2:. I know its because my hair is getting fuller. But right now twist are my signature look for now. Its helping me to retain length and to keep my fingers out of my head!!!!

loolalooh

CHECK-IN: Alrighty ladies, I washed my 2-week old big twists this weekend. Pre-pooed, washed, conditioned. Before that, I had my twists in a bun for a couple days. Got the banana clip bun idea from Kimmay and her Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ciif4oQvdXA

More pics in the fotki. After my twists airdried from the wash, I redid the front with cornrows into twists. Photos coming later.

Last edited:

oooop2

Oooop, your hair looks great.

I am putting a new set of twist in. I am starting to feel frustrated with my hair. Shrinkage is getting on my nerves. I think I am going to have to start wearing my twist in some type of up do to keep my ends off of my shoulders.

Thank you. I know what you mean about shrinkage.

I am back to wearing twists under a halfwig. I really want to get to waist length and I think the less manipulation the better. The most growth I've ever gotten was when I did a Hide your hair challenge for 4 months using wigs.
I also tried Taliah Waajid's protective bodifying mist last week, my hair seems to like it. It worked great on my twists and on my loose hair.

GL on making it to WL. What is Taliah's mist? Never heard of it.

i bc'd so i hope i can get in on the next challenge. :grin:

Keep an eye out. I normally post signups a week or 2 before this challenge ends. :) Congrats on your BC. It's cute!!!

I wore twist outs for a week, twisted big for a day and wore twist outs again last week. I'm deep conditioning and cleansing with bentonite clay and will retwist with the hope for having the new set last at least 2-3 weeks.

Thanks for checking in!!

CHECKIN: Wrapping up week #2 in twists. Will wash this weekend and carry them out for another 2 weeks. :grinwink:

I seriously envy the fact that you can wash your twist with no issues. GL carrying them out 2 more weeks!!!

Twist out

During my twist

So cute!!!!!

Ahhh thanks girl:blush:!!

I am really luving me some twistouts lately:heart2:. I know its because my hair is getting fuller. But right now twist are my signature look for now. Its helping me to retain length and to keep my fingers out of my head!!!!

LOL...I wear twist and still can't seem to keep my fingers out my head!!!

CHECK-IN: Alrighty ladies, I washed my 2-week old big twists this weekend. Pre-pooed, washed, conditioned. Before that, I had my twists in a bun for a couple days. Got the banana clip bun idea from Kimmay and her Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ciif4oQvdXA

More pics in the fotki. After my twists airdried from the wash, I redid the front with cornrows into twists. Photos coming later.

You're so creative!!!

I have been wearing a twist out this week. I've been having trouble styling the front of my hair.

What's your issue with styling the front?

Checking in....

This past Wed made 2wks since I've been wearing these twist. I don't know what's in the silk2 product, but it's seriously the BOMB!! I literally haven't had hardly anything to my hair but tie it down at night. This week I've been spritzing my scalp to keep it from itching. I have to admit that I'm starting to miss my hair. I think I'll try to make it to next Wed (my 3wk mark) then take them down.

Wk 2 pics:

miss Congeniality

wow, Oooop2 it is holding nicely.

I been struggling with which way to part my hair and cut down on the frizz.

Tonight, I plan to henna my hair and deep condition.

Ms Lala

I have been wearing a twist out this week. I've been having trouble styling the front of my hair.

What do you mean? Maybe we can help you come up w/some ideas if you tell us what look you are going for and what problem(s) your hair is giving you.

GL on making it to WL. What is Taliah's mist? Never heard of it.
Taliah Waajid is a natural stylist with a line of products. I've tried a couple of her other things before but this is by far my fav. The link below lists her products and their uses. Her products are pretty reasonably priced too.

http://www.naturalhair.org/detailedproductinformationanddirectionsforuse.aspx

Ms Lala

Here is the half wig I've been wearing. I just realized my middle finger is on the camera, I promise it wasn't intentional :lachen:.

Ms Lala

Ok now I can't see the pic, I think I know what happened, I'll try to post again.

hopefully it works this time

ok i'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I can't get the pic posted right sorry.

Last edited: