Twisting FOR Growth Challenge Part 4!!!!!!

oooop2

Start Jan 4 - Apr 4

NO MORE PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ADDED

The 10 participants are:

1. oooop2
2. Productjunkie814
3. bablou00
4. laurend
5. loolalooh
6. Ms Lala
7. Jaxhair
8. Justicefightet1913
9. miss Congeniality
10. dlove

The RULES!!!

1. Post STARTING pics of what your hair looks like (length) and regime.

2. Maintain twist hairstyle throughout this challenge.

3. Can only wear their hair not in twist no more than 5 days at a time. (Ex. Wear twist for a week..Twistouts/Afro/Etc for 3-5days..Then retwist )

4. Can create twist w/ their own hair or extensions.

5. Must check in at least once a week to let the group know how you are doing and to show off your twist hairstyle.

6. Must maintain your own PROPER hair care regime.

I think we should all pay attention to what works best for our hair. So if at any time you feel as though wearing twist is not beneficial, just let the group know.

oooop2

I trimmed my ends yesterday.

This is my pic from the end of TFG #3.

My hair is now around the 7 mark after my small trim.

FroFab

Good luck ladies! I followed along as a lurker and got really good growth in the T4G3 challenge. In pixie-esque braids now and knew that I wouldn't be able to make it the whole time for this challenge but HHG to you all :yep:

Ronnieaj

Good luck ladies!! I was in TFG2 and lurked in 3 and it was excellent for growth! I can't twist as often right now, but I wish you all the best :grin:!

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
good luck ladies! i love watchin the TFGC from the sidelines. maybe i will be able to participate in the fall. for now i am still transitioning. ♥

bablou00

Ok so I finally updated in the last thread and my fotki. Here is my starting point. I just finished doing a fresh set of twist last night. They are chunkier then usual but I dont plan on wearing these long. I went the wknd with my hair out and it felt great. This month will mark a year w/o heat. I am so proud of myself for not even getting the urge to straighten my hair once. So I plan on going another year or until my year mark of the BC. I hope to get some great growth results by the end of this challenge (April my Bday month). I plan on wearing twist 95% of the time, deep conditioning once a wk whether in twist or not, henna at least twice a month, and co washing when needed.
Good luck ladies!!! Cant wait to see what the next four months bring. More pics in my fotki

Starting fro

Starting twist

MummysGirl

Good Luck Ladies, I'm a stalker (still transitioning)... I was always checking TFG3 and I am subscribing to this. I'm learning a lot from all of you :yep:

laurend

I will have my husband take some pictures for me and then he's going to have to show me how upload pictures on the computer. I've never done it because I don't like to take pictures ,anyway, it will be my first reveal at LHCF. My goal is to gain one inch of growth by the end of the challenge.

Lynnerie

Wish I would've caught this challenge but I'm going to follow along anyway cause I just twisted my hair yesterday. Good luck ladies!

Last edited:

bludaydreamr

Good job, OOOOp2! and Mslala it looks as though you are getting over the BSL hump your hair looks great!

Last edited:

miss Congeniality

My Regimen:

Daily: Spritz hair and seal ends with HE LTR Leave-in & massage scalp with oil mix.; Cover hair at night
Weekly: Pre-poo: Scalp use neem or shikakai oil/ put amla oil on ends
Deep condition: Conditioner mixed with neem, henna, amla, honey and/or shikakai
Shampoo: Shikakai poo bar
Bi-Monthly: Use tea rinse;Redo protective style
Monthly: Detangle
Every other month: Henna and dust ends

This is 2 weeks ago, but I have the same twist in.

loolalooh

Here are my new micro twists for the beginning of this Challenge. (The ends are loosely twisted.) I'll keep them in for 3-4 weeks. Regimen in fotki.

This is my starting length. (Show on bigger twists from a couple weeks ago.) Not much of a difference from the last Challenge because I've trimmed.

Another shot of the micro twists.

Last edited:

Ms Lala

Good job, OOOOp2! and Mslala it looks as though you are getting over the BSL hump your hair looks great!

I've been stuck at BSL for about 3 years now:blush:. I thought it was my terminal length for a while. I'm really excited and I really think I may be able to reach WL:spinning:

Ms Lala

Why is this challenge ALWAYS closed when I get to it? :wallbash: When are participants selected??

You had to PM for it and she just took the first 10. You have to catch it b4 the previous one ends. Previously she had it open to lots of folks and only a few participated so I can really understand limiting it. It's not easy managing challenge threads and it gets annoying when people don't participate (not that you wouldn't participate I'm just speaking in general).

dlove

My Regimen:

Daily: Spritz hair with a mix of distilled water and peppermint oil and seal ends with coconut oil (Nature's Way Gold-BTW this is great oil, I've tried a lot and this one is creamy, melts in your hands and no beady beads) Cover hair at night with silk scarves I moisturize in the morning and sometimes at night.
Weekly: wash with KCCC Come Clean (almost out- just ordered Eluence and will be using that if I like it ) [/COLOR]
Leave in: coconut oil to seal water from wash, apply KCCC Knot Today then detangle.
Shampoo: KCCC Come Clean or Elucence
Monthly to Every other month: Beautiful Collection for Gray Hair
Moiturize condition: Kenra MC or Yes To Cucumbers

Protein Deep condition ( as needed listening to my hair): Joico reconstructor and Joico hydrating conditioner or Emergencee
I twist on air dried detangled hair. I use a shea butter concoction to twist. I just got my Afroveda Shea Amla in the mail today. I can't wait until wash and twist day.

Click on link for initial length:http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/DLoveHair/

Last edited:

oooop2

Ok so I finally updated in the last thread and my fotki. Here is my starting point. I just finished doing a fresh set of twist last night. They are chunkier then usual but I dont plan on wearing these long. I went the wknd with my hair out and it felt great. This month will mark a year w/o heat. I am so proud of myself for not even getting the urge to straighten my hair once. So I plan on going another year or until my year mark of the BC. I hope to get some great growth results by the end of this challenge (April my Bday month). I plan on wearing twist 95% of the time, deep conditioning once a wk whether in twist or not, henna at least twice a month, and co washing when needed.
Good luck ladies!!! Cant wait to see what the next four months bring. More pics in my fotki

Starting fro

Starting twist

I just LOVE your hair. Can't wait to see what it looks like by April :)

Why is this challenge ALWAYS closed when I get to it? :wallbash: When are participants selected??

A post is made in the previous challenge regarding signups. I tend to do it a week prior to that challenge ending. In the past I've just posted about the challenge and a ton of people signed up, yet only a handful really participated. I decided to keep it small, and so far it's been working.

Another stalker here. I'm new to twisting my hair, so maybe I can learn a few things from you ladies.

We definitely welcome suggestions/questions/advice, so please don't hesitate to ask/make a comment.

I will have my husband take some pictures for me and then he's going to have to show me how upload pictures on the computer. I've never done it because I don't like to take pictures ,anyway, it will be my first reveal at LHCF. My goal is to gain one inch of growth by the end of the challenge.

Can't wait to see your pics. And GL with this challenge :)

Yay! Will post a length shot and pics of my micro twists tonight. Here's a sneak peak: http://public.fotki.com/loolalooh/2009-2nd/months-23-staying-diy/inspired-by-copa.html#media

Dang girl..You make me want to do my mini-twist again. Love it!!!!!

My Regimen:

Daily: Spritz hair and seal ends with HE LTR Leave-in & massage scalp with oil mix.; Cover hair at night
Weekly: Pre-poo: Scalp use neem or shikakai oil/ put amla oil on ends
Deep condition: Conditioner mixed with neem, henna, amla, honey and/or shikakai
Shampoo: Shikakai poo bar
Bi-Monthly: Use tea rinse;Redo protective style
Monthly: Detangle
Every other month: Henna and dust ends

This is 2 weeks ago, but I have the same twist in.

You regimen sounds great...GL with this challenge :)

Here are my new micro twists for the beginning of this Challenge. (The ends are loosely twisted.) I'll keep them in for 3-4 weeks. Regimen in fotki.

This is my starting length. (Show on bigger twists from a couple weeks ago.) Not much of a difference from the last Challenge because I've trimmed.

Another shot of the micro twists.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been stuck at BSL for about 3 years now:blush:. I thought it was my terminal length for a while. I'm really excited and I really think I may be able to reach WL:spinning:

Yep..I think you'll be WL in no time :grin:

My Regimen:

Daily: Spritz hair with a mix of distilled water and peppermint oil and seal ends with coconut oil (Nature's Way Gold-BTW this is great oil, I've tried a lot and this one is creamy, melts in your hands and no beady beads) Cover hair at night with silk scarves

Weekly: wash with KCCC Come Clean (almost out- just ordered Eluence and will be using that if I like it ) and detangle

Monthly to Every other month: Beautiful Collection for Gray Hair

Moiturize condition: Kenra MC or Yes To Cucumbers

Protein Deep condition: Joico reconstructor and Joico hydrating conditioner or Emergencee

Leave in: coconut oil to seal oil then apply KCCC Knot Today.

Shampoo: KCCC Come Clean or Elucence

I twist on air dried detangled hair.

I use a shea butter concoction to twist. I just got my Afroveda Shea Amla in the mail today. I can't wait until wash and twist day.

Your regime sounds great. Can't wait to see your progress t/o this challenge!!!

dlove

Dlove needs assistance with uploading pics. I tried to resize and the computer is asking that I find another resource- upload failed- is the response I get from the forum. I even tried copying but no can do. I'm frustrated because I 've been tring to upload for an hour! I'm going to bed.

oooop2

Dlove needs assistance with uploading pics. I tried to resize and the computer is asking that I find another resource- upload failed- is the response I get from the forum. I even tried copying but no can do. I'm frustrated because I 've been tring to upload for an hour! I'm going to bed.

Do you have a photobucket account? I've tried to add pics directly to this site and have gotten the same error message. So now I only upload from photobucket.

miss Congeniality

Well, right now I am deep conditioning. My scalp was feeling really dry and itchy. It definitely needs to be washed.

Loolalooh, your hair looks so pretty. If my hair could look like that at the end of this challenge I would be flipping my pony everwhere. LOL.

oooop2

Current length in front

Currently at 7 mark after small trim

Okay..My regime:

Exercise at least 3x/week. I really HAVE no excuse for this. I've just been down right LAZY!!!

Drink 64oz of water a day. I joined a water challenge, so that's keeping me motivated. I have a 32oz bottle that I fill up 2x/day. I just need to remember to buy some lemons. Water taste better with lemon added IMO..LOL

Cowash 2x/week w/ Aubreys.

DC 1x/week with my banana-molasses-coconut milk mix

Spritz daily with glycerin-water mix or rosemary-sage mix

Apply shea butter mix to hair 2x/day.

Clarify every 2wks w/ ACV.

For itchy scalp, wash with baking soda.

Wear large-med twist M-F and T/O on the weekends for the first 6wks.

Then change to mini-twist for the last 6wks.

Last edited: