Twisting FOR Growth Challenge Part 3!!!!!!

oooop2

Thanks to those that have sent my PMs....I'm definitely looking forward the challenge #4. Currently in Orlando for the holidays. Just arrived yesterday and OMG, look at what the weather here did to my hair..

It looked like this when I boarded the plane.

I had to retwist last night..LOL

Miss AJ

Sorry if this has been addressed already but can I join the next challenge if I only wear twistouts? My hair is still pretty short and I look like a little kid with my 2 strands lol.

oooop2

Sorry if this has been addressed already but can I join the next challenge if I only wear twistouts? My hair is still pretty short and I look like a little kid with my 2 strands lol.

Hey....thanks for your interest. And I totally understand what you mean about short hair and twist. Hand coils tend to work best when your hair is too short for twist.

Regarding this challenge, we want to see hair growth when hair is mostly worn in twist.

Miss AJ

Aw man :-( Well good luck to you all and I'll be stalking this challenge while I wait for my hair to get long enough to join.

Ms Lala

I used heat on my hair :ohwell:. I airdried and flat ironed my hair on low. I was doing so well w/o it but I wanted to check the length. I ended up putting it in some big twists because I had to sing in my church's Christmas program today. I got lots of compliments, I'll post pics in my fotki. I am going to try and get through 2010 w/o using heat more than 2x.

productjunkie814

Well, the bachelorette was a little crazier than anticipated and my camera is no where to be found. Lost, gone, POOF! Which for this purpose might be best. The twist n curl was a hot mess:wallbash: I realize that style will never look right on me.

oooop2

Thanks everyone for their PMs and questions. As stated in a previous post, TFG challenge will start Jan 4.

The 9 participants + myself that PMed me wanting to join are:

1. oooop2
2. Productjunkie814
3. bablou00
4. laurend
5. loolalooh
6. Ms Lala
7. Jaxhair
8. Justicefightet1913
9. miss Congeniality
10. dlove

Although this challenge is limited to 10 paticipants, I definitely welcome questions, suggestions, tips from others :)

Happy Twisting!!!!

Last edited:

oooop2

Well, the bachelorette was a little crazier than anticipated and my camera is no where to be found. Lost, gone, POOF! Which for this purpose might be best. The twist n curl was a hot mess:wallbash: I realize that style will never look right on me.

Try doing it on dry hair. It looks a hot mess on me it I do it on wet/damp twist.

Sorry about your camera!!!

oooop2

Okay ladies...This challenge is officially over. Thanks to all those that participated. Hope you were able to achieve and retain some growth. I know everyone is busy with the holidays, but when you get a chance, please post ending pics.

I'm currently on vacation, so I'll post mine on Fri.

And to all those that signed up for TFG pt 4, see you in Jan!!!!

bablou00

Sorry I havent been able to get on my computer and Im at work now so I wont be able to post pics in here until the morning. I have most of the up in my fotki if you want to check them out....this has been a great challenge and Im stoked for the next one

laurend

Wow, you hair really grew, good job. I will be doing the challenge with you next month. I just received my hair ruler t-shirt today and my starting length is 9 inches but mostly 8.5 inches. My goal for the end of the challenge will be 10 inches.

Last edited:

Jaxhair

Glad I made the next challenge, phew!

I'm in the process of undoing my twist extensions, so will wash and treat and will take pics of my reveal in the process. I'm so glad it's been a while since I length checked, I hope I'm in for a pleasant surprise! Pics will be up by Monday...

productjunkie814

Congrats on finishing the challenge everyone! I hope you all got great growth. Here are my comparison pics from the beginning of the challenge to the end. Once more, it's clear that my hair LOVES twists!!! :grin:

Thank you all for all of the recommendations and help! PS. Sorry for the blacked out pics...it's been a rough morning, lol.

oooop2

Congrats on finishing the challenge everyone! I hope you all got great growth. Here are my comparison pics from the beginning of the challenge to the end. Once more, it's clear that my hair LOVES twists!!! :grin:

Thank you all for all of the recommendations and help! PS. Sorry for the blacked out pics...it's been a rough morning, lol.

Look at you with all that growth...That's just AWESOME!!! I'm in the process on washing my hair, so I'll post mine later today or tomorrow!!!

oooop2

Well, here is my length at the beginning of this challenge:

And here is my length now:

As you can see, I pretty much maintained, but had minimal growth. I was definitely slacking regarding cowashing and keeping my hair properly moisturized. And my ends feel terrible. Lesson learned!! Before Jan 4, I plan on cutting up to the 6.5/6 mark.

Can't wait to see everyones growth.

laurend

Do you take vitamins like Biotin? It might give you a growth spurt for the next challenge. It's like when I train my clients and they are at a plateau, sometimes you have change things up, so you can get over that hump.

oooop2

Do you take vitamins like Biotin? It might give you a growth spurt for the next challenge. It's like when I train my clients and they are at a plateau, sometimes you have change things up, so you can get over that hump.

Thanks for the reminder. I keep forgetting to take my vitamins. Will definitely incoporate next challenge.

sheava

Great progress! I still have to post my result pictures. I will try to do that tonight. I don't think I had much growth, just maintained. We will see.

rsmith

Cant really find any starting pics and my camera phone is not good. Here are some results. The first two are the starting. The last pic is today. Not a whole lot of growth but it's thick. Sorry about the camera

Attachments

• Image-24.jpg
    Image-24.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Image-45.jpg
    Image-45.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 19
  • downsized_1227091819.jpg
    downsized_1227091819.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 26

laurend

Cant really find any starting pics and my camera phone is not good. Here are some results. The first two are the starting. The last pic is today. Not a whole lot of growth but it's thick. Sorry about the camera

Yes there was a change. It's much thicker and looks healthier. I think it grew a little also, congrats.:clapping:

Ms Lala

Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to resize the pics. My hair is twisted in my starting pic and loose in my ending pic but it looks like I've gained about an inch. It may not be the most accurate comparison. Regardless of length my hair feels so much better and it has stopped breaking! I was losing hair everytime I touched it when I started this challenge in Sept.

Sept 2009

Dec 2009 (Sorry it's grainy my hand kept shaking)

Ms Lala

Wow you can really see the difference. You are really retaining length.

oooop2

Ladies..Someone had to drop out of the TFG#4 challenge, so there is 1 spot left. If interested in filling that last spot, just send me a PM. This challenge starts tomorrow.