Twisting FOR Growth Challenge Part 3!!!!!!

loolalooh

I can definitely relate to wearing t/os too long.

Hope you are doing better.. What are you co-washing with bi-weekly? And are you retwisting?

Hey girl. Thanks; I'm doing a little better.

I've been washing bi-weekly with Creme of Nature. Then I follow up with V05 conditioner and rinse. I've been slacking with retwisting but got back on track this week. Right now I'm transitioning from jumbo twists to small twists.

How are you doing?

P.S. Your daughter's twists are GORGEOUS!! :grinwink:

oooop2

Happy Thanksgiving girls! I hope everyone had a yummy day! FYI, Miss Jessies (www.missjessies.com) is having their BOGO sale starting today and Qhemet Biologics is having their Black Friday sale (only for today!) too, so if you use any of those products, don't forget to pick something up!

So did you get any good deals???

Hi Ladies,

I'm not officially in this challenge, but I just wanted to post because I'm going to use my sig picture as one of my starting point pics for my own personal twisting (and bunning) for growth challenge.

Once I take my bun down on Sunday to remoisturize, I'll try to take a length shot.

I think at some point in this thread, I said I was going to post a pic.

I wear my hair in twists that I put into a bun everyday. I plan on doing this until at least June 2010, but probably longer than this, as I love my bun!

My hair is about 2 inches from APL in the back; the front is varying lengths and not close to APL yet. I think I was lying to myself and thought it was more APL than it was, but nope, I still have a bit to go before I'm fully there.

Or you can just join us in Jan for TFG part 4 :grin:

BTW, your bun is cute!!!

i tried some twists last night and the natural part of my hair is so pretty in the twists! i'm gonna be in this challenge next year! mwahahaha! :look: okay i'm a dork. :lol:

We'll be starting part #4 in Jan..I'll be posting signups in this thread in a few weeks for TFG #4

I can't believe it's already December! Less than a month to go before the big reveals guys!! :yep: :spinning:

I know..I'm getting excited. Been co-washing a lot in hopes for a last minute growth spurt :lachen:

Hey girl. Thanks; I'm doing a little better.

I've been washing bi-weekly with Creme of Nature. Then I follow up with V05 conditioner and rinse. I've been slacking with retwisting but got back on track this week. Right now I'm transitioning from jumbo twists to small twists.

How are you doing?

P.S. Your daughter's twists are GORGEOUS!! :grinwink:

Glad to hear you're doing better. I've been cowashing a lot lately also. I decided to follow CHIME's regime and am LOVING Aubrey Organic products. Leaves my hair feeling FABULOUS!! About to order some more from iherb.com

Thanks for the compliment on my daughters hair.

Just a few more weeks ladies. How is everyone doing? Getting tired of twist yet? Trying any new styles/products? Learned anything new about your hair during this challenge?

For me, I've been cowashing more over the past few weeks. Fell in love with Aubrey Organic products and can't seem to resist cowashing my hair. I've also been having fun wearing t/o updos or styling my hair with cute bling clips. I've learned that I definitely need to trim my ends more often. The last time I trimmed was in Feb :blush: Planning on getting a good trim in January upon the start of TFG #4 :yep:

mscocoface

I have been doing the twists and twist outs and I am still loving it although I must admit I had a weak moment Tuesday, I got the Especially Yours Wig mag and I was sooooo tempted. But so far I have prevailed.

This week I did something different. I did a cool blow dry on my hair while I stretched it and then I did twists. I love it!!! I like the fact that I have another way to wear my hair in twists. I got the idea when I saw Mwedzi's hair so I thougth why not do that and then twist it up.

I probably should have kept the twists in the whole week and then next week do a twist out, but I wanted to experiement. You ladies have been such an inspiration.

sheava

I am doing better this week (thank you all for your kind words), but my hair probably isn't. I am still in the same twists and it is going on week 3. I moisturize daily and baggy at night, so hopefully my hair won't be too much of a tangled mess when I decide to shampoo/condition. I think I am going to keep them in for another week.

Soliel185

The kinky twists make protective styling easy - but they also make it easier to forget about your hair. I've been slipping on my moisturizing lately but I've caught up, and hopefully my hair is no worse for wear.

Also - Kinky Twists are welcomed in the corporate world. I had two interviews this week and both companies offered me positions on the same day! :grin: (I wore them in a bun)

I know some ladies worry about the impact that natural hair may have on their career, but it was definitely not a problem for either of these two companies. :yep:

Ms Lala

Here is the fat twist bun I've been wearing all week. I did this on slightly damp hair.

yodie

Cute bun, Ms. LaLa. Did you add hair to your twists? Gorgeous.

I'm still twisting underneath my wig. I'm looking forward to possibly wearing my own twists in July. I noticed that my hair seems a lot thicker/bushier without all the manipulation.

productjunkie814

Here is the fat twist bun I've been wearing all week. I did this on slightly damp hair.

UGH! One day I will have this! ONE DAY!!! Gorgeous!

Soliel, congrats on the job offers!

Oooop2, I made out like a bandit in my opinion, lol:spinning: From Qhemet Biologics I got the Alma and Olive Heavy Cream, the Burdock and Root Cream, the Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm, and the Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee. At the Miss Jessie's sale, I got my Baby Buttercreme and chose the same size Curly Pudding as my free gift. All this and I spent less than $80!!! I will continue to be a twisting fool with all of this stuff:grin:

An update on me...took my twists out on Thursday and I've been wearing a twist out. Washing tomorrow and will probably do a much needed trim. I've only done one other trim this year, in the spring, so I think it's time.

Home stretch girls! Can't wait to see the growth everyone gets!

Ms Lala

Cute bun, Ms. LaLa. Did you add hair to your twists? Gorgeous.

I'm still twisting underneath my wig. I'm looking forward to possibly wearing my own twists in July. I noticed that my hair seems a lot thicker/bushier without all the manipulation.

Thanks. No I did not add any hair. I twisted on damp hair so my twists look kind of fat when I do that. I also think using wigs is a great way to give you hair a break and thicken it up. I did it for 4 months a couple of years ago.

UGH! One day I will have this! ONE DAY!!! Gorgeous!

Soliel, congrats on the job offers!

!

Thanks!
And I missed the post about your job offers Soleil, congrats!

Joyful1

Beautiful, Ms Lala! I'm looking forward to having a big bun like that!!

I've been enjoying all you ladies hairstyles in this challenge. Perhaps I can join the next one. Happy Twisting!!

loolalooh

CHECKIN:

Hey ladies! ::waves:: Everyone's hair is looking beautiful!

Tonight I'm taking down my twists for a much needed wash and DC. I swear it's probably been 3 weeks (?) since I washed my hair. Maybe 2. I don't remember.

Tomorrow I'm going to a natural hair salon for a consultation and then a twist appointment. ::crossing my fingers:: (The consultation is required before setting appointments.) I need a little pampering. :grin:

Soliel185

Last Night I took down my kinky twists. I don't have any pics (camera was borrowed :wallbash:) but I will try to get some for later this week. I will say that my twistout looks A LOT longer than I remember. It's touching shoulder all the way around :clap:

This will be my first time wearing my hair out at my new job, so I plan to silently count how many times I'm asked about my "haircut" :grin:

oooop2

Here are my twist.....

Wow!!1 Your hair is REALLY thriving :grin:

CHECKIN:

Hey ladies! ::waves:: Everyone's hair is looking beautiful!

Tonight I'm taking down my twists for a much needed wash and DC. I swear it's probably been 3 weeks (?) since I washed my hair. Maybe 2. I don't remember.

Tomorrow I'm going to a natural hair salon for a consultation and then a twist appointment. ::crossing my fingers:: (The consultation is required before setting appointments.) I need a little pampering. :grin:

So...How was the consult? I plan on visiting a natural salon in Jan and get a good trim and some much needed pampering...

Hey guys, quick question: how long does it take for your twists to dry if you do them on damp hair?

Takes my hair about 3hrs to completely dry if done during the day. If before bed, tends to take a lot longer and I tend to wake up with damp hair.

Last Night I took down my kinky twists. I don't have any pics (camera was borrowed :wallbash:) but I will try to get some for later this week. I will say that my twistout looks A LOT longer than I remember. It's touching shoulder all the way around :clap:

This will be my first time wearing my hair out at my new job, so I plan to silently count how many times I'm asked about my "haircut" :grin:

Can't wait to see pics!!

Well this challenge is ALMOST OVER Dec 22!!! Hopefully everyone was able to get something out of this challenge. Overall, I've been happy with my growth/retention, but I definitely need a good trim. Find a bit too many knots/splits.

So this NEXT Challenge TFG Part 4 will kick off on Jan 4-Apr 4. Once again, I plan on keeping this challenge small, so no more than 10 participants will be added. So, if you are interested in joining TFG #4, send me a PM and I will add you to the list. Once I reach 10, no one else will be officially added.

Can't wait to see the big reveal next week.

bablou00

WOW!! I cant believe that this challenge is almost up. I thought for sure we had another month....hehe!! Sorry Ive been MIA. Holidays, travels, work and working out has kept me non-stop busy. Hair is still twisted up. I think the longest I have gone with my hair out was 3 days during Thanksgiving. I luved the freedom and that my hair could last that long in a twist out looking half way decent but I missed my twist. I am looking forward to the big reveal. I need to mark my calender for the 22nd so I wont forget. Oh yeah I am def signing up for the next one....I want my hair to be BIG for my bday month

sheava

So i finally took my twists out and detangled my hair. This is the longest I have ever kept twists in my hair, 4 weeks exactly. I detangled with Knot Today (my first time trying this product) and it worked really well. I will be buying this again :grin:.

loolalooh

Hey guys, quick question: how long does it take for your twists to dry if you do them on damp hair?

Hmm, it's been a while since I've done twists on damp hair. I'm guessing at best 6 hours? I remember sleeping in wet twists, waking up, and still have wet twists in the morning.:ohwell:

loolalooh

So...How was the consult? I plan on visiting a natural salon in Jan and get a good trim and some much needed pampering...

Girl, the consult lasted like 5 seconds. She looked at my hair, parted it with her hands, tugged on it and that was it. I guess that's a good sign?

Fortunately I got a twist appointment that same day. It felt good to have someone else do my hair for a change ... and she was SUPER fast too. Shampoo, condition, and small twists in under 2 1/2 hours. The same task would've taken me at least double that. Keeping these babies in for 3 weeks.:yep:

oooop2

Okay..So I wanted to test this out. So this morning, I cowashed my hair with Suave. Towel bloated it to remove the excess water. Applied my shea mix to each section on did about 20 large twist. This was on DAMP hair. Did this around 11am. At 5pm, I undid my twist and wore my hair untwisted for my sorority party. Hair was completely dry. Here are the results.

Girl, the consult lasted like 5 seconds. She looked at my hair, parted it with her hands, tugged on it and that was it. I guess that's a good sign?

Fortunately I got a twist appointment that same day. It felt good to have someone else do my hair for a change ... and she was SUPER fast too. Shampoo, condition, and small twists in under 2 1/2 hours. The same task would've taken me at least double that. Keeping these babies in for 3 weeks.:yep:

Sweet...Post pics. I can't wait to get my hair done in January. I am so tired of doing it...LOL

productjunkie814

Thanks everyone for your responses! I've gotten all of my hair packages in (Miss Jessies and Qhemet Biologics) and am ready for twists for months!!! I can't wait to use all of these products. I got 2 Baby Buttercreme from Miss Jessies, and from Qhem I got the Alma and Olive Heavy Cream, Burdock Root Butter Creme, Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee, and the Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm. I'm in heaven:lick:

oooop2

Thanks everyone for your responses! I've gotten all of my hair packages in (Miss Jessies and Qhemet Biologics) and am ready for twists for months!!! I can't wait to use all of these products. I got 2 Baby Buttercreme from Miss Jessies, and from Qhem I got the Alma and Olive Heavy Cream, Burdock Root Butter Creme, Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee, and the Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm. I'm in heaven:lick:

Wow...You have quite the collection. Let me know how you like the detangling ghee. I have all of the other Qhem stuff that you ordered...Love it!!!

loolalooh

Okay..So I wanted to test this out. So this morning, I cowashed my hair with Suave. Towel bloated it to remove the excess water. Applied my shea mix to each section on did about 20 large twist. This was on DAMP hair. Did this around 11am. At 5pm, I undid my twist and wore my hair untwisted for my sorority party. Hair was completely dry. Here are the results.

Your twistout is FIERCE!! ::taking notes::

productjunkie814

Wow...You have quite the collection. Let me know how you like the detangling ghee. I have all of the other Qhem stuff that you ordered...Love it!!!

Thanks. Just used the Olive Oil and Honey to do a twist and curl. They never have come out right for me (so I am taking a HUGE risk b/c I have a bachelorette party to go to tonight). We'll see 1) if my hair is even dry by 7pm tonight and 2) if the twist and curl looks passable. I do know that my hair seems to like this product. I'll post pics of the finished product!

Jaxhair

Hello ladies!

Apologies I've been missing in action, but Lord, I'm so busy it's ridiculous! Learning my new job, studying, life... it's taking it's toll on me! My hair, thankfully, is okay (I think). I still have it in kinky twists, which I did myself 4-5 weeks ago, and I'm so ready to take out! I've been a little slack moisturising but I co-wash every week or so, and spray with a glycerine/water/essential oil spray, so that's helped. I endeavour to have these out by the 22nd for the reveal. I'm in on the next challenge too, so watch out for my PM Ooop2!!