Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.1

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Yeah, in our other thread, Ladies talked about (and implemented) buying stuff 2 twice a year and it was working nicely for them.:yep: But prolly really hard to stick to.:look:

This definitely is easier said than done. I haven't been buying all willy nilly but to meet my hair needs. When I notice a problem I get on it right then and there. This prevents setbacks. I also agree with Char I only buy during a sale (Komaza,Beemine) or when I'm about to run out of a staple (Claudies',Taliah).

I'm still doing fantastic on my U1B1. I've been keeping track since August 09 and I'm still not at 1:1 (used vs purchased). Basically I've used more products than I have purchased.

Charz

Sinister Minister
Hair one Jojoba and Hair one Olive Oil

I would say it should be good for a year or two due to the preservatives and other additives.

Ingredients:
water, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, glycerine, aloe leaf juice, butylene glycol and anthemis nobilis flower extract, cofea arabica extract and vaccinium myrtillus fruit extract, roas roxburghii fruit extract, propylene glycol and rosemary leaf extract, olive fruit oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, menthol, panthenol, behentrimonium methosulfate, BHT, Polysorbate 60, PEG 60 almond dimethylamine, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, citric acid, disodium EDTA, 1, 2-hexanediol and caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid, fragrance

JJamiah

Just use up what you got:look:

I am more commited now to it then before, I know it is a need and I want to do it. I don't feel forced, I feel more compelled to my bank account and my frugality to not purchase on impulse anymore. We will see how this goes. I think I have deprogrammed myself. :)

JJamiah

I would say it should be good for a year or two due to the preservatives and other additives.

Ingredients:
water, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, glycerine, aloe leaf juice, butylene glycol and anthemis nobilis flower extract, cofea arabica extract and vaccinium myrtillus fruit extract, roas roxburghii fruit extract, propylene glycol and rosemary leaf extract, olive fruit oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, menthol, panthenol, behentrimonium methosulfate, BHT, Polysorbate 60, PEG 60 almond dimethylamine, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, citric acid, disodium EDTA, 1, 2-hexanediol and caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid, fragrance

Great, I will take back the 4 and it will still leave me with 8 bottles of it, not including my other bottles of shampoo! LOL

Charz

Sinister Minister
Great, I will take back the 4 and it will still leave me with 8 bottles of it, not including my other bottles of shampoo! LOL

Is this your staple? It would be a shame if something new came out and then those extra bottles went to waste. Maybe buy 2-3 if not.

natura87

That would take a long time....

I have decide I am going to wash my hair in twists 2 or 3 times a week, they look better when I do that. Maybe that will help me get rid of at least half of my stuff by years end.

mkd

This definitely is easier said than done. I haven't been buying all willy nilly but to meet my hair needs. When I notice a problem I get on it right then and there. This prevents setbacks. I also agree with Char I only buy during a sale (Komaza,Beemine) or when I'm about to run out of a staple (Claudies',Taliah).

I'm still doing fantastic on my U1B1. I've been keeping track since August 09 and I'm still not at 1:1 (used vs purchased). Basically I've used more products than I have purchased.
Shay, you have really done awesome!!!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I am more commited now to it then before, I know it is a need and I want to do it. I don't feel forced, I feel more compelled to my bank account and my frugality to not purchase on impulse anymore. We will see how this goes. I think I have deprogrammed myself. :)

It is definitely a total re-thinking of how to Maximize your Spending Power and Your Product Buying.:yep:

I just knew I needed to start working with what I have (in stock:lachen:) And that's more than enough.:spinning:

Now all I need is some Hurr:look:

Charz

Sinister Minister
I got some Verbena Custom blends today, because it was a buy one get one sale. I couldn't resist.

JJamiah

Is this your staple? It would be a shame if something new came out and then those extra bottles went to waste. Maybe buy 2-3 if not.

Right now I have 12 bottles and I started one bottle January 1, 2010 and still have it. I was informed I'd use it up in one month, it doesn't seem so. I just don't want it to go bad on me. I will restock in December. I'd have 8 bottles that would last 2 months so that is a 16 month supply. I am just going to return them back to Sally's they are unused.

Charz

Sinister Minister
Right now I have 12 bottles and I started one bottle January 1, 2010 and still have it. I was informed I'd use it up in one month, it doesn't seem so. I just don't want it to go bad on me. I will restock in December. I'd have 8 bottles that would last 2 months so that is a 16 month supply. I am just going to return them back to Sally's they are unused.

Well don't forget as your hair gets longer you will use more product and people tend to wash their hair more in the warmer months :)

Shay72

Natural, 4A
That would take a long time....

I have decide I am going to wash my hair in twists 2 or 3 times a week, they look better when I do that. Maybe that will help me get rid of at least half of my stuff by years end.

Yeah it's gonna take all of us a looooong time to dwindle our stash :yep:. It can seem overwhelming and that is why the U1B1 concept is great. It makes it more manageable. Like Char said you don't have to literally use 1, then buy 1. I think I waited until I used like 25-30 :blush: items before I purchased during the 2009 challenge.

Charz

Sinister Minister
I really think I am good for a minute. I just need to get the jessicurl WDT and KCCC, I should have gotten it yesterday when curlmart was having a sale. I am trying to save money for vacation so I decided to just wait for a few weeks.

WNS, you haven't peeked in here yet but I saw yesterday you were using Jasmine's. What do you think about the products you used? I kind of like the ultra nourishing conditioner.

OT: I think I might be MBL, I will know for sure when I go get my trim next month.

:love::.....

Last edited:

JJamiah

Yeah it's gonna take all of us a looooong time to dwindle our stash :yep:. It can seem overwhelming and that is why the U1B1 concept is great. It makes it more manageable. Like Char said you don't have to literally use 1, then buy 1. I think I waited until I used like 25-30 :blush: items before I purchased during the 2009 challenge.

Yeah, I think I will use 2 buy one for starters (Concept). Then after my pile shrinks I'll do use one buy one!
Personally for me I just want to use all restock! LOL!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Yeah, right now, I am really analyzing ALL the product(s) I am using.:look:

After I get my Stash down to a managable level, I can determine what will be 'staples' what will be 'splurges' and what will go.

This Entire Year will give me a chance to do exactly that. Evaluate what I am using and how it is working.

Of course I have a few staples, like Henna, PC, JBCO, Fermodyl etc......that will always be re-stocked when they run out.

So, I don't need to add anything else to the 'mix' unless there is a good sale.:ohwell:

I would still like to have the Qhemet DC (whenever that comes out & if it's on Sale:look:)

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
It's Really time for Us to Get Down to Business!:thumbsup:

For all the Gallon, Liter Buyers. The Bi-Annual Shoppers and the Stash Shoppers.....Errrbody that's really tryna' reduce your current stashes.

Let's ALL Get on the Same Page and Start Knocking Out some Stuff.:boxing:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
:kiss:I'm great Charz, thanks for asking. Got a bit busy during the holidays but I'm coming back!

deja vu :giggle:

I'm still in use up mode. I've only been stocking up on my staples.

All over Again @ bolded:rolleyes: That's what time it is.:look:

This year is definitely going to be different for me. The Spending has been significantly reduced and I only look for it to get better & better.

For me, it's all about using stuff up.:yep:

Americka

Wow! Great idea to re-new this thread, Charz! I really missed the old one! The old thread was beneficial to me and I learned the difference between wants and needs. In the last month or so, I've used up several items including Skala (masques, cons, poo) a Nioxin poo, and a couple of other things. I have also purchased only THREE items - castor oil, a HE poo on clearance, and a Skala con I found hiding at Big Lots.

Day36

Hey ladies. I am in this one too. Just hope everyone's alright and having a good weekend. Americka, how do you like the skala? I never find any but I see you talk about it a lot. Had fun with washnset today, hey girly :)

Americka

Hey ladies. I am in this one too. Just hope everyone's alright and having a good weekend. Americka, how do you like the skala? I never find any but I see you talk about it a lot. Had fun with washnset today, hey girly :)

Hi Day36!

Girl, I love Skala! I use the poo, con, masque/dc and leave in. I've used two different formulas of the poo (Jaborandi and Shea Butter), four of the cons (Jaborandi, SB, Aloe, and Avocado) two of the masques (Ceramides and Fruit Cocktail) and two of the leave ins (SB and Aloe). The poos do not leave the hair stripped at all and the cons are so luscious, especially the Jaborandi and Shea Butter. A Skala masque + a heating cap = pure :lick:. I really like the leave ins, especially the SB, because they do not leave my hair crunchy. A little of this and some Hollywood Beauty Castor oil when I pincurl or rollerset with satin sponge rollers leaves my hair soft and moisturized. I first found Skala at Big Lots for $1 a bottle/jar. They have a website (http://www.skalabeauty.com/shop/cart.php), but the products are a lot higher. I'm hoping that BL will get a big shipment, so I buy about 60 bucks worth at one time. That would have me set for about a year or so.

Day36

^^^^ howd you like it? and Americka, can you plllz let me know if big lots gets a shipment...will paypal you funds

Optimus_Prime

Yeah, in our other thread, Ladies talked about (and implemented) buying stuff 2 twice a year and it was working nicely for them.:yep: But prolly really hard to stick to.:look:

I think I should be able to do that. After a year and a half on LHCF, I know what my staples are and what I'll never repurchase. Sadly, on my never repurchase list are Rusk Smoother (I still have 2 liters :ohwell:), megatek (1/2 bottle), wave nouveau moisturizing some?thing (1 liter), world of curls activator (1 liter) and ntm silk touch leave in (3 bottles).

Sadly I have an overabundance of leave in's (mind you, I'm stocked up on my staple leave-ins too).
On the bright side, I have just completed a Feb no buy on BHM and I used up all my unwanted poos and cons.

Hi Day36!

Girl, I love Skala! I use the poo, con, masque/dc and leave in. I've used two different formulas of the poo (Jaborandi and Shea Butter), four of the cons (Jaborandi, SB, Aloe, and Avocado) two of the masques (Ceramides and Fruit Cocktail) and two of the leave ins (SB and Aloe). The poos do not leave the hair stripped at all and the cons are so luscious, especially the Jaborandi and Shea Butter. A Skala masque + a heating cap = pure :lick:. I really like the leave ins, especially the SB, because they do not leave my hair crunchy. A little of this and some Hollywood Beauty Castor oil when I pincurl or rollerset with satin sponge rollers leaves my hair soft and moisturized. I first found Skala at Big Lots for $1 a bottle/jar. They have a website (http://www.skalabeauty.com/shop/cart.php), but the products are a lot higher. I'm hoping that BL will get a big shipment, so I buy about 60 bucks worth at one time. That would have me set for about a year or so.

^Why you do dis?

chebaby

im almost finished with a jar of qhemet ghee. that stuff is going fast since ive been using it on my braid outs. i love it.
i do think my braid outs are getting to be too much manipulation so im cutting back and tomorrow, actually today lmao, i will put my hair back in twists.

Charz

Sinister Minister
im almost finished with a jar of qhemet ghee. that stuff is going fast since ive been using it on my braid outs. i love it.
i do think my braid outs are getting to be too much manipulation so im cutting back and tomorrow, actually today lmao, i will put my hair back in twists.

I wish Qhem made bigger containers