2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (Jan 1st - June 30th)

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I should probably join this challenge cos my hair will be in braids or cornrows for the duration of this cold season. I was also in the challenge last year and it pushed me to MBL. I should probably look into wigs but I feel fake in them. I need some help here ladies!!!

NikkiQ

^^I stay on at work all day lmao. It's so sad.

Got my notification from Hairsisters about my order. They'll be shipped out today. Yay!! :yahoo:

Ms_CoCo37

I should probably join this challenge cos my hair will be in braids or cornrows for the duration of this cold season. I was also in the challenge last year and it pushed me to MBL. I should probably look into wigs but I feel fake in them. I need some help here ladies!!!

Jerseygurl, you might as well come on and join the challenge. You'll already be doing it anyway. Go ahead and make it official. :grin:

I feel you on the wigs. I don't feel quite right in them myself. I guess it's something you get used to with time.

NikkiQ

^^I should own stock huh?lol Believe it or not, I've only ordered from there twice. I usually go to a BSS close to my job or one by my house for hair products lol.

chasturner84

Coco, which wigs did you order? I feel so weird in wigs because I feel that EVERYBODY knows that they're fake because they don't look like my real hair. I need some ideas.

Ms_CoCo37

Coco, which wigs did you order? I feel so weird in wigs because I feel that EVERYBODY knows that they're fake because they don't look like my real hair. I need some ideas.

The one that I favor the most is a half wig called Friday. Here is a pic:

It's really close to my texture, so people generally can't tell the difference unless I tell them. I couldn't find it on Hairsisters.com, but it is listed on myhaironline.com.

Here is the info:

Brand: New Born Free, Demi Cap Collection
Type: Half Wig
Hair Type:
Synthetic Hair

I

Ms_CoCo37

I'm in!!! Thanks for this challenge!! Cant wait to see everyone's reveal!!!

count me in!!!

Destined and Virgo, I'm glad you're both jumping in on this one. It really is a good challenge. :yep:

I'm in MsCoCo!
DC, you know I automatically assumed you would be in on this one. I didn't even stop to think there might be a chance that you wouldn't.:grin:

This will be hard but I am in!

CB, it's not as hard as you think it is. You would be surprised with how creative you will become with different styles. Oh and accessories will definitely be your best friend.:yep:

wheezy807

I'll join because i'm basicly hiding my hair anyway. Plus i think this will help me get back on track for 2011 to better meet my ultimate goal of WL.

Guyaneek

I'd definitely like to join. I already plan on hiding until the summer and eliminating heat as a personal challenge. Better to do this as a group! Yay!!!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I just bought LF, Sensational Serena (Love it!) and HW, Outre Yasmine (yucky!). Yasmine needs some work. Serena looks far more real than Yasmine. ITA that I'm a little self-conscious in wigs, but only at work because THEY KNOW my hair. When I'm out and about running around, I don't care what people think. I just clam up around people I know.

JJamiah

Nik, I swear you and JJ are addicts! Do you own stock with Hairsisters?:lachen:

See that is why I hid the last 3 orders from LHCF, Nikki We have to keep our addiction to ourselves :lachen:

We actually both ordered from the site around the same time. I only got 6 LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ready to place that next order now :spinning:

JJamiah

diva, as long as it looks nice it is fine, No one is trying to fool people into anything it is for style. I am also not wearing red white and blue hair to prove my point LOL. I like a more natural look but the STYLES are to die for, and so simple to keep. :)

JJamiah

OH YES: 3 in a row :crazy:

I am doing 3 weeks in braids and one week out. :) Will do this until June to see how I like it. :)

NikkiQ

See that is why I hid the last 3 orders from LHCF, Nikki We have to keep our addiction to ourselves :lachen:

We actually both ordered from the site around the same time. I only got 6 LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ready to place that next order now :spinning:

I may end up ordering some around Easter lol

lamaria211

count me in ladies im still finishing the last challenge so ill just keep doing what ive been doing ill post starting pics next month

ms.tatiana

i'm in. been in braids since august & got to APL with them, so now i want to do weaves and get to BSL.

miss cosmic

Im in for the duration one year. Cant thank from my phone though :-(

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Long Hair Care Forum App

NikkiQ

Since the new year and new challenge is about to start, I thought I'd go ahead and share my stash for next year's PSing. Hope you guys like (and pardon the face...no makeup :perplexed)

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 53
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg