2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (Jan 1st - June 30th)

JJamiah

umm...ok I guess

:look: it was a joke Nikki :look:

Skysmom it is a hot wig, I bought three a few weeks ago and I have it on today she is a cutie :)

not to mention my friend is buying one for his girlfriend LoL; he is totally in love with this wig, and he is like I can't believe I am all excited over this wig LOLOLOL!

Jewell

(bats her eyes)

Whatcha Got? :D

lol. I have 2 wigs handmade from China/Korea so they don't have style names or brands. One is dark brown (#2) with bangs, curls/waves layered down to about WL (synthetic). The other is light brown (#4, my natural color), with layered bangs, waves, made of 80% synthetic n 20% remy hair...hits about TBL on me, and I LOVE it.

The others are: (all synthetic)

-Rudy by Sistertress in a #4/27 (light brwn, light blonde highlights) layered BSL (full wig)

-MYA by It's a Wig in DW3147 (honey blonde, auburn, light blonde) curly bob (half wig)

-MAYA by It's a Wig in DW3147 (same color above) bangs, waves/spiral curls SL (full wig)

-Elise LF by FreeTress in #1 (jet black) slanted bob NL

-Spanish Full lace wig (FLW) by FEMI in #4/27/30 (l.brwn, blonde/auburn highlights) Spanish wavy/curly BSL (SEE AVATAR ABOVE--that's Spanish)!

-No Name by Born Free in #1 (jet black) with elastic headband front, Cuban curly texture, layered BSL

-Tyra by FreeTress in #1, layered like Rudy but with shorter bangs that sweep to the side...heavily layered with flips, BSL

-Forgot Name (had over 4 years) by Max #2/30 (dark brown auburn)...I cut it into a layered NL bob with bangs...it originally looked like a style you'd see on a pretty baby doll...bangs were longer, and it fell into barrel curls abt BSL length.

And that's it...for now! I really doubt I can stand to wait 'til next fall to buy anymore, but that's the wig diet I put myself on! I have been scoping out others but I'm waiting...:spinning: I've had Rudy, Tyra, and the last wig listed for over 5 years...they still look WONDERFUL, no tangles or matting. I tell ya I take CARE of my wigs...they are immaculate, as I consider them investments! lol

ETA: Sorry, wish I had pics of every one of em...I will work on that! I have pics of Rudy, Elise, MYA, and Spanish in my Fotki albums...which can be found at: Public Home | JewellJ | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Last edited:

JJamiah

First off Whew YOU and your hair are beautiful (your natural hair) Beautiful.

Now I like your collection you have going on. I have Elise myself she was my first (she broke my LF virginity) :D :lachen:

I love your wavy natural hair it is so adorable. the first pic I saw. LOL

I love the Maya's I have been keeping my eye on them for a minute. I'd love to see the handmade ones as well. don't feel guilty, I have been using my cell phone camera for so long, I don't even know where my real camera is :(

I need to go on a diet, I just come up with another excuse on why I need a new wig/LF. I am getting my summer collection together. Starting school so I said let me get my new school collection, Bday and Holiday coming so I said let me get myself a treat :nono: Yeah, I have issues :lachen:
lol. I have 2 wigs handmade from China/Korea so they don't have style names or brands. One is dark brown (#2) with bangs, curls/waves layered down to about WL (synthetic). The other is light brown (#4, my natural color), with layered bangs, waves, made of 80% synthetic n 20% remy hair...hits about TBL on me, and I LOVE it.

-Rudy by Sistertress in a #4/27 (light brwn, light blonde highlights) layered BSL (full wig)

-MYA by It's a Wig in DW3147 (honey blonde, auburn, light blonde) curly bob (half wig)

-MAYA by It's a Wig in DW3147 (same color above) bangs, waves/spiral curls SL (full wig)

-Spanish Full lace wig (FLW) by FEMI in #4/27/30 (l.brwn, blonde/auburn highlights) Spanish wavy/curly BSL (SEE AVATAR ABOVE--that's Spanish)!

-No Name by Born Free in #1 (jet black) with elastic headband front, Cuban curly texture, layered BSL

-Tyra by FreeTress in #1, layered like Rudy but with shorter bangs that sweep to the side...heavily layered with flips, BSL

-Forgot Name (had over 4 years) by Max #2/30 (dark brown auburn)...I cut it into a layered NL bob with bangs...it originally looked like a style you'd see on a pretty baby doll...bangs were longer, and it fell into barrel curls abt BSL length.

And that's it...for now! I really doubt I can stand to wait 'til next fall to buy anymore, but that's the wig diet I put myself on! I have been scoping out others but I'm waiting...:spinning: I've had Rudy, Tyra, and the last wig listed for over 5 years...they still look WONDERFUL, no tangles or matting. I tell ya I take CARE of my wigs...they are immaculate, as I consider them investments! lol

ETA: Sorry, wish I had pics of every one of em...I will work on that! I have pics of Rudy, Elise, MYA, and Spanish in my Fotki albums...which can be found at: Public Home | JewellJ | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

MzOptimistic

I have not been on in a loonnnngggg time but I need to grow my hair back to MBL. I went to the Dominican's and got a blow out and they broke my hair off, so now I'm back to being a little past APL:sad: Anywho. I"m Innnnn:grin:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I'm back in, I fell off the current challenge. I got discouraged and gave up! I took some time to regroup and now Im back in. I finally figured out my issue, it was lack of protein. I'm determined to make it past APL.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

you and your hair (and your wigs) are gorgeous :grin:

cia_garces

I think as long as you're not showing your true length then you should be kosher using flexi rods and curlformers.

I was wondering the same thing (if braidouts and such were considered hiding your hair). I saw the 2011 year long bunning challenge and immediately knew that was WAY too intense as a first challenge :nono: But this one, i think i can definitely do this one. I'M IN IN!!!:yep:

Last edited:

NikkiQ

Our list just keeps on growing! I love it. Just thank the first thread ladies if you want to join!!! :)

Ms_CoCo37

I'm back in, I fell off the current challenge. I got discouraged and gave up! I took some time to regroup and now Im back in. I finally figured out my issue, it was lack of protein. I'm determined to make it past APL.

Yay Firstborn is back!:grin:

I have not been on in a loonnnngggg time but I need to grow my hair back to MBL. I went to the Dominican's and got a blow out and they broke my hair off, so now I'm back to being a little past APL:sad: Anywho. I"m Innnnn:grin:

Tsmith, that's terrible! I remember all of that beautiful hair you had on your head. You'll get back there...especially with this challenge.:yep:

can we join even if we weren't on the part 1? I'm not sure.

Of course! :yep: Everyone is welcome to join this challenge. I won't be turning anyone away. We're all trying to get to a full healthy head of hair.

I'd like to join! Hopefully, I'll be full BSL by the end of the challenge. Also, just wondering...is this a six or seven month challenge? I want to do the reveal ASAP and I don't know if I can hold it in an extra month especially since I get out of school in May.:lachen:

This is a six month challenge. After we do the reveal, we may extend it out for another six months (depending on how many takers there will be). :grin:

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I straightened my hair on tuesday and realized that I'm just brushing BSL after chopping to APL from MBL in July. She's growing y'all!!!

I need a new style for Christmas and New year. I'm torn between crochet braids or regular individuals. My ends are very thin and I need to hide them away.

Ms_CoCo37

I straightened my hair on tuesday and realized that I'm just brushing BSL after chopping to APL from MBL in July. She's growing y'all!!!

I need a new style for Christmas and New year. I'm torn between crochet braids or regular individuals. My ends are very thin and I need to hide them away.

Now that's what I call progress!:grin: At this rate, you'll be back to MBL in no time!:yep:

NikkiQ

what about a cute 2 strand twist bun?? I wish my hair was long enough to do it :sad:

JJamiah

I hope to achieve my goal as well :) all 3 inches of it :) and trim it too. :) Under this lacefront :D LOL