2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (Jan 1st - June 30th)

Anastaja11

How do you like Kimmaytube's recipe for your twists? I'm thinking twists will be my best friend during this challenge.[/QUOTE]

Ms Coco I loved Kimmaytube's recipe. My hair is very dry and I have color at the ends so that makes it worse. Before I found Kimmay's recipe I was drenching my hair with grease and leaving marks on my couch:sad:, but with her stuff I don't have to grease my hair everyday and it leaves my hair moist and easy to handle. The best part is that you can customize.

Ms_CoCo37

How do you like Kimmaytube's recipe for your twists? I'm thinking twists will be my best friend during this challenge.

Ms Coco I loved Kimmaytube's recipe. My hair is very dry and I have color at the ends so that makes it worse. Before I found Kimmay's recipe I was drenching my hair with grease and leaving marks on my couch:sad:, but with her stuff I don't have to grease my hair everyday and it leaves my hair moist and easy to handle. The best part is that you can customize.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the review! I have been seriously contemplating trying this for the winter months.

Janet'

Hey Ladies! Just checking in...Here's how I'm wearing my hair...

P.S. Excuse the face...I'm not feeling in the best of moods...like MsCoCo and "death warmed over":lachen::lachen:

Attachments

• curlyme.jpg
    curlyme.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 29

JJamiah

:) I am just ultra excited about my 3 challenges :) Yay!

I know next year I am going to start off with a good dusting with my Split ender; then I will do it every 3 months to keep my ends in good condition.

So ladies what is going on? :)

Aggie

I thought I was late but turns out, I am right on time for this challenge. I am definitely in!

I am starting a new vitamin regimen next year using Hairfinity hair vitamins, pantothenic acid, horsetail grass (silica), and re-adding biotin and msm vitamins to it - oh man, we need another vitamin regimen challenge for next year. The last one kept me on point and my hair was growing very well as a result!

I will continue to do cowashes and scalp massages with my boundless tresses/mn mixture possibly for the entirety of next year. I like ayurveda tea rinses and henna treatments, so I will be keeping up with those as well. My texlaxer stretches will be from about 12-16 weeks depending on how well or badly my hair is behaving:rolleyes:.

I am hiding my hair using wigs mostly and maybe I will use extension braids sometimes.

Ms_CoCo37

Hey Ladies! Just checking in...Here's how I'm wearing my hair...

P.S. Excuse the face...I'm not feeling in the best of moods...like MsCoCo and "death warmed over":lachen::lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:Girl...yeah...we're in the same EXACT boat! Me and my twin!But, I'm actually afraid I might break the camera if I try to take a pic in the current state I'm in.:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ms_CoCo37

:) I am just ultra excited about my 3 challenges :) Yay!

I know next year I am going to start off with a good dusting with my Split ender; then I will do it every 3 months to keep my ends in good condition.

So ladies what is going on? :)

I think I'm going to try to get one of those splitenders...

Which challenges are you doing? I know you're doing this one and the WL 2011. What's the other one?

Ms_CoCo37

I thought I was late but turns out, I am right on time for this challenge. I am definitely in!

I am starting a new vitamin regimen next year using Hairfinity hair vitamins, pantothenic acid, horsetail grass (silica), and re-adding biotin and msm vitamins to it - oh man, we need another vitamin regimen challenge for next year. The last one kept me on point and my hair was growing very well as a result!

I will continue to do cowashes and scalp massages with my boundless tresses/mn mixture possibly for the entirety of next year. I like ayurveda tea rinses and henna treatments, so I will be keeping up with those as well. My texlaxer stretches will be from about 12-16 weeks depending on how well or badly my hair is behaving:rolleyes:.

I am hiding my hair using wigs mostly and maybe I will use extension braids sometimes.

Aggie, I'm glad you're joining us this go round!:grin:

I really need to get back into taking my vitamins (especially since I don't always get all of my fruits and veggies in). I just have a hard time with pills of any sort. I still have plenty of MSM, Silica, and Nioxin. Maybe I'll start back taking them. I would hate for them to expire.

Ijanei

I was struggling with myself about this challenge again, just like last time coco, lol Can I really keep my freakin hands out of my head and hair tucked away? Right now, I havent did anything to my hair since 11-29 and it is KILLLLINNNG me. I want to flat iron it soooo bad right now. So 6 months ....hmmm:rolleyes::blush:

Ms_CoCo37

I was struggling with myself about this challenge again, just like last time coco, lol Can I really keep my freakin hands out of my head and hair tucked away? Right now, I havent did anything to my hair since 11-29 and it is KILLLLINNNG me. I want to flat iron it soooo bad right now. So 6 months ....hmmm:rolleyes::blush:

LOL! Be strong Ijanei! Be strong!:lol:

Actually, why don't you take the next couple of weeks and research some possible protective styles. There are plenty out there. Have you tried, braids, twists, flat twists, sew-ins, half wigs, full wigs, ponies, buns, etc.?

Experiment...see what works for you. Six months may seem like a long time, but for me, this past six months have flown by. We'll be revealing in two weeks.

Aggie

Aggie, I'm glad you're joining us this go round!:grin:

I really need to get back into taking my vitamins (especially since I don't always get all of my fruits and veggies in). I just have a hard time with pills of any sort. I still have plenty of MSM, Silica, and Nioxin. Maybe I'll start back taking them. I would hate for them to expire.

Thanks for the warm welcome Ms_CoCo37. Speaking of vitamins, I just took mine - forgot to take them this morning:rolleyes:. You see why I need the vitamin challenge? I will be giving my new vitamin regimen the whole of next year to see if there will be a difference in the speed and thickness of my hair growth.

s4pphir3

Girlllll I get that all the time from my mom. She HATES that I wear wigs and HATES that I'm transitioning to natural. She's just so stuck on bone straight hair that it makes me ill. Ugh. You would think family would be more supportive huh? Thank God for my SO. A lot of people think it's funny that my #1 supporter is my...caucasian bf :lachen:

Ohhh I won't go that far lol :lol:

My mom never knew I was transitioning, no one did actually so you could imagine the look on everyone's face when I walked out the bathroom with most of my hair chopped off :look:

Don't worry abt it! Shake them HATERS off. Prolly just mad cuz you look good in 'em! I got the SAME B.S. from the women and MEN in my family when I started wearing wigs off and on 5 + yrs ago (I had healthy, relaxed MBL hair when I began wearing and enjoying wigs, so they felt I didn't need them as well). My mom had the nerve to even bring work into it...saying "Well you know some employers don't like it if you change your hair too much..." relating that statement to the fact that I'd change my wigs whenever I felt like it, whether that be weekly or every other day!

Now, them folks KNOW NOT TO SAY NOTHING about my wig wearing, because this regimen is GOING nowhere...'tis here to stay. Afterall, the women need to take some TIPS...I've grown my hair out TWICE from having only 3-5" on my head (1 major cut from MBL to EL just b/c, another was a BC from APL to TWA after 9 month transition) to past BSL in the last 5 years, so they need to take notice that low-manipulation is working for me (their hair is either thin, shedding, dry, breaking, etc...and has remained at pretty much the same length for the past DECADE, seriously--

I used to try to offer tips but some people think they know it all, yet are seeing poor or NO results from their OBVIOUSLY flawed technique)... and the wigs ain't hurtin' NOBODY! I no longer offer any sort of advice about hair...and I give 1 or 2 word answers if they ask me what I do...after all ya wasn't tryna hear me before so don't come knocking when my hair is touching my arse!

I hate it when people knock ish they've never had the balls to try! :lol:

Thank you Jewell you are so right, I don't pay them any mind I know my hair is growing and doing well under this wig ... I can't wait until my hair touches my arse! :lol:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your puff!:love:

Thank you!!! :blush3:

It drives my mom crazy when ever I wear a wig or pony. All I hear is, I don't see why you're wearing that &$?! When your hair is just as long.

Never mind that she (as well as my sister) practically live in their wigs. Talk about a double standard. :-/

Lol thats how my sister was in the beginning when I said I was going to start wearing wigs .. she said it's not right and that I don't need one. I'm not 100% sure but I thought I heard her mumble that it wasn't fair either idk :lol:

s4pphir3

I know how you feel, I have been hiding my hair since September and I miss it sooo much but I'm determined to reach WL this year so the wig is staying on! Be strong!!!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
should we be posting here now instead of the old thread? im confused lol
Me too. The old thread is dead.

Not necessarily. You know how we get when something shiny and new comes along. We just "discard" the old and jump right into the new.:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I'll revive the old thread.:grin:
We're revealing in the old thread, right?

I know how you feel, I have been hiding my hair since September and I miss it sooo much but I'm determined to reach WL this year so the wig is staying on! Be strong!!!
I've been hiding since the June 2010 and I think it has paid off. I'm sure yours has too. Keep it up the great progress. ETA: I've hid for so long that when I came home from the salon, the dh said wow, I haven't seen that look in a while (my hair flat ironed and swanging).

MissGomes

Ok Ladies... I am soo ready for this challenge. I think this is my first official LHCF challenge. I plan on wigging it the whole time. I am currently wearing a half wig (but all my hair in-since October) that is shoulder length. I just bought a mommy wig.. I couldnt help it!!

I need a wig to wear during work though. It has to be shoulder length and it cannot be "BIG". I prefer a half wig. Can I get some help? O, and it cannot be wiggy looking!

Last edited:

s4pphir3

I've been hiding since the June 2010 and I think it has paid off. I'm sure yours has too. Keep it up the great progress. ETA: I've hid for so long that when I came home from the salon, the dh said wow, I haven't seen that look in a while (my hair flat ironed and swanging).

:lol: I can't wait to see your reveal.

Ok Ladies... I am soo ready for this challenge. I think this is my first official LHCF challenge. I plan on wigging it the whole time. I am currently wear a half wig (but all my hair in-since October) that is shoulder length. I just bought a mommy wig.. I couldnt help it!!

What's a "mommy wig" :confused:

Ms_CoCo37

Me too. The old thread is dead.

We're revealing in the old thread, right?

I will be creating a separate thread for our reveal on the 31st. I'm sure DH's eyes were like: :shocked::love::grin:

You really have made excellent progress with the challenge!:yep:

LilMissSunshine5

Hey ladies! Sorry for being MIA...I went to NYC this week to see Prince in concert for the first time and got back last night! I have been lurking on my phone sporadically LOL Prince's hair was fly BTW I rocked a twistout before leaving for NYC (where I washed my hair and had a flat iron disaster LOL) I am attaching the pic :grin:

I really do need an intervention...I want to buy more wigs and I have only worn one of them! I am a poor student!!! Help meeee JJamiah, NikkiQ LOL You will enable me...Help me Janet!:lachen: :lachen:

Attachments

• DSCN2950.jpg
    DSCN2950.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 19

JJamiah

Hey ladies! Sorry for being MIA...I went to NYC this week to see Prince in concert for the first time and got back last night! I have been lurking on my phone sporadically LOL Prince's hair was fly BTW I rocked a twistout before leaving for NYC (where I washed my hair and had a flat iron disaster LOL) I am attaching the pic :grin:

I really do need an intervention...I want to buy more wigs and I have only worn one of them! I am a poor student!!! Help meeee JJamiah, NikkiQ LOL You will enable me...Help me Janet!:lachen: :lachen:

:lachen: GIRL you Done said it. LOL I too am a poor student LOL (now) I start soon. I am paying my classes along the way so no more splurging for me. LOL.

I was drooling at the fact that you got to see PRINCE! I bet he was fly :yep:
I love your twistout :yep: (I thought it was fake hair) it is so nicely done :yep:

HUH, you need us to enroll you in 1800wigJunkyrus. LOL (especially Nikkiq) LOLOLOLOL :lachen: Nah, I don't report my purchases due to (Mscoco) shhhhh! she call's a sister out!

For real all jokes aside, You want us to enroll you :lachen:

For real this time, you want to buy wigs?

Janet'

OMGee, but your twistout was TOO cute!!! Awe, I love Prince!!!! Put the credit card down and step away from the wigs Jinez!!!!! JJamiah and NikkiQ are just going to enable you!!! Don't do it!!! :lol::lol::lol:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

Love the twistout and love Prince (and Michael Jackson too).

LilMissSunshine5

JJamiah
GIRL you Done said it. LOL I too am a poor student LOL (now) I start soon. I am paying my classes along the way so no more splurging for me. LOL.

I was drooling at the fact that you got to see PRINCE! I bet he was fly
I love your twistout (I thought it was fake hair) it is so nicely done

HUH, you need us to enroll you in 1800wigJunkyrus. LOL (especially Nikkiq) LOLOLOLOL Nah, I don't report my purchases due to (Mscoco) shhhhh! she call's a sister out!

For real all jokes aside, You want us to enroll you

For real this time, you want to buy wigs?

Yes, I really need to be enrolled! Who buys 5 wigs in one day having never worn them, wears ONE wig, and decides they need 5 MORE?!?! Is the 1800wigJUNKYrus phone line open 24 hours/day? :lachen: :lachen: My ADD strikes again :lol:

Prince was SO FLY! The concert was the best I have ever been to in my LIFE! His hair, outfit, and shoes put me to shame LMAO and his skin is gorgeous yall! I was on straight groupie status all night :lol: The Dave Chapelle skit is true ladies...don't look Prince in the eyes! I mistakenly did that and he got me yall :look: I'm still hypnotized LOL :drunk:

Thanks for the compliments about the twistout ladies! My friend (who is natural) did it for me and I LOVE how it turned out...now I have to figure out how to make it look this good when I do it myself...uh oh :nono:

@Janet, how did you know I had my credit card in my hand ready to get my next fix?!?! I think I may need to join WBA- Wig Buyer's Anonymous :lachen: :lachen: This challenge is unhealthy for my finances SMH :blush:

s4pphir3

^I love your twist out Jinez!

My early christmas present :woot::

It's a full lace from pinklacewigs.com

Last edited:

Chiquitita

Checking in.... I'm in braid extensions right now... Six months of PS doesn't seem so bad..

I think I can...I think I can ...