2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (Jan 1st - June 30th)

AHeadOfCoils

@SkysMommy have you tried ebonyline.com or hairsisters.com?

Thanks!
I'll definitely look at ebonyline.com. I can't order from hairsister because I am too impatient. :lachen:I would be calling everyday to see where my stuff it.

UR absolutely right the prices are double if not triple which is horrible. I buy 99.99999% on line LOL

Hairsisters.com; Blackhairspray.com; Some people buy from hairstopandshop.com

therea r a few others ladies chim in .

I order most from hair sisters takes a long time to get my stuff but I do get it.

Thank you! I'm going to look at those too. I need my wiiiiggssss!!! :spinning:

bibirockz

^ You're welcome! I forgot to mention; if you want uber fast shipping try beautyofnewyork.com you get your stuff in like 4 days.

ms.blue

I'm weaved up for this challenge. Waves hi to Anastaja11.

Here is a pic:

JerriBlank

Came home & my Evony half wig had arrived & I wanted to wait until Christmas to rock it but the girl just looks so good loL. I will probably put braids on the side instead of brushing my hair back tho. And they sent me my second choice which is the number 2 when I am a 1B but I guess I'll work with it.

Oooh! Can I ask where you bought this?

LilMissSunshine5

Ok ladies...I am so excited! I got out of control :'( I have never worn a wig before in life (not counting Halloween), but decided now is the time to try it...so I went to Hairsisters and ended up buying 5!!! Now I am scared bc if I don't like them, I have 5 of them LMAO I am so ridiculous, but at least yall know I am committed LOL Does anyone have a preference of braids or twists over wigs? Trying to decide what to do to start the challenge off

youwillrise

hmmm. i think i'm down for this one.

i just protective styled (twisted) last night
and put my hair in a "you cant see my length" style tonight
i'll probably rock this style for a minute or two before i try something new

this kinda coincides with my plan to hide my hair until summer and then flat iron...was going for the end of the work season/semester and do a big "BOOM! look how my hair grew" kinda thing (i work at a college preschool and we're off in the summer)

although, my reveal might be a little bit earlier than june 30...depends on when the last semester i work ends (not exactly sure). i'll probably do the flat iron the last week i work.

Anastaja11

Ok ladies...I am so excited! I got out of control :'( I have never worn a wig before in life (not counting Halloween), but decided now is the time to try it...so I went to Hairsisters and ended up buying 5!!! Now I am scared bc if I don't like them, I have 5 of them LMAO I am so ridiculous, but at least yall know I am committed LOL Does anyone have a preference of braids or twists over wigs? Trying to decide what to do to start the challenge off

I prefer twists, it was just more hydrating for my hair. Also, I washed every week so I took out the twists deep co and twisted back up using Kimmaytube's receipe. But many ladies use cornrows as well. My head is just shaped funny so cornrows made my head pointy under the wig.

missnurselady

Im in. Im currently transitioning for the 2nd time. I would like to bc at the end of this challenge in June(1yr transition). Im currently in a sew in and will continue with sew ins and maybe braids. Im having some serious issues with my edges so I wont be wearing any wigs.

bibirockz

^ Since it starts Jan 1st I think u can still join. As Nikki told me make sure to thank the original post so u can be added.

JJamiah

I prefer to wear Beehive Cornrows under my wig's :) my wigs lay flat and most people can't tell it isn't mine until I keep swapping hair they can't keep up LOL!

Ms_CoCo37

Hey, I'm in because I can't be bothered to do much with my hair!

Story of my life!:lachen:

Im somewhere between nl and sl. We shall see when i flat iron in couple of weeks for a length check.

Go ahead and claim that SL, you've worked hard for it! :grin:

Came home & my Evony half wig had arrived & I wanted to wait until Christmas to rock it but the girl just looks so good loL. I will probably put braids on the side instead of brushing my hair back tho. And they sent me my second choice which is the number 2 when I am a 1B but I guess I'll work with it.

I like it! Did you get it in this color? I would love to see pix!

I have to say I have educated a few of my brothers (friends) on Lace Fronts; I have been Sequestered to help them find wigs, order their wigs for their SO's and such.

My male friends were amazed to see what was under my wig compared to their women. I am like not all Woman treat their hair like crap. My Sugar honey Ice tea is tight.

You are hilarious!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Ms_CoCo37

Sorry I've been MIA ladies. I've been fighting this head cold since last Friday. I'm slowly starting to feel better than "death warmed over".

Ms_CoCo37

^^^Girl, school is a doozey, lol!! Um, Ms. JJ, I know you have enough wigs to last you a lifetime!!

Girl...you don't EVEN know the half of it. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I'm in. I would love to gain 5-6 more inches.

I have to agree with NikkiQ that this is going to be a great challenge!:yep: I'm so glad to see that so many people are joining!:grin:

hopefully not :D

ladies i'm kinda excited to start wearing my wig. I want to buy this one too GLANCE SYNTHETIC FULLCAP NICOLE

That's a good price!

I'm weaved up for this challenge. Waves hi to Anastaja11.

Here is a pic:

Blue! I'm LOVING this on you!!!!!:love:

JJamiah and NikkiQ, I have a recruit for you! I predict that Jinez1112 will be joining in your ranks soon. :grin:

Jinez1112, JJamiah likes to cornrow her hair into a beehive for her wigs. She says they tend to lay better that way. I'll let her jump in and tell you all about it though.:yep: I can't wait to see your new "collection". :grin:

hmmm. i think i'm down for this one.

i just protective styled (twisted) last night
and put my hair in a "you cant see my length" style tonight
i'll probably rock this style for a minute or two before i try something new

this kinda coincides with my plan to hide my hair until summer and then flat iron...was going for the end of the work season/semester and do a big "BOOM! look how my hair grew" kinda thing (i work at a college preschool and we're off in the summer)

although, my reveal might be a little bit earlier than june 30...depends on when the last semester i work ends (not exactly sure). i'll probably do the flat iron the last week i work.

It sounds like you're already off to a good start.:yep:

I prefer twists, it was just more hydrating for my hair. Also, I washed every week so I took out the twists deep co and twisted back up using Kimmaytube's receipe. But many ladies use cornrows as well. My head is just shaped funny so cornrows made my head pointy under the wig.

How do you like Kimmaytube's recipe for your twists? I'm thinking twists will be my best friend during this challenge.

Last edited:

JJamiah

Girl...you don't EVEN know the half of it. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I have to agree with NikkiQ that this is going to be a great challenge!:yep: I'm so glad to see that so many people joining!:grin:

That's a good price!

Blue! I'm LOVING this on you!!!!!:love:

JJamiah and NikkiQ, I have a recruit for you! I predict that Jinez1112 will be joining in your ranks soon. :grin:

Jinez1112, JJamiah likes to cornrow her hair into a beehive for her wigs. She says they tend to lay better that way. I'll let her jump in and tell you all about it though.:yep: I can't wait to see your new "collection". :grin:

It sounds like you're already off to a good start.:yep:

How do you like Kimmaytube's recipe for your twists? I'm thinking twists will be my best friend during this challenge.

:grin: The more the Merrier Yay!!!!!! LOL
The Wig and me likes company LOL!

JJamiah

Found my Camera so I can start taking pictures on that. I got so spoiled to taking pictures on my phone I lost my camera in the magic of chaos (my house)

JJamiah

I don't even know where my camera is. All I use these days is my iPhone.:grin:

lol Yeah, I don't have an eye phone bragger LOL!

Glad your feeling better. I have a little headache Letting the little one stay in today :) his teachers are absent :D

KurlyNinja

I'm officially on a half wig hunt. I think the only thing I'm buying myself for christmas are half-wigs... ok I lie maybe some shoes too... :look: Also since LaJay half wig has been my main wig, I've been learning to do SO many styles with her. I'm going to take pictures and post them...sometimes this week? hopefully. HHG!