3 Month "no Buy" Challenge

Daina

Ok just re-upped on a few products that might run out during the challenge, got more Keracare Moisturizing Shampoo for my once a month shampoo's, ordered my Macadamia Oil deep repair masque, Vatika black seed hair masque and another bottle of Camille Rose moisture milk. I should be all set for the next 3 months starting Sunday. Not buying anything will also help me to simply my regimen and really hone in on things I won't repurchase.

Aggie

I used some of my Kerastase Therapiste prepoo, shampoo and Serum on my hair today and loved them all except the serum. I might have to use it a few more times before I feel confident in it's ability to really give me some great shine during a blow out and flat iron.

The problem is I'm a little scared to use too much heat on my hair because of heat damage. I suffered from it a couple years back and every time I think of using heat on my hair, I cringe and therefore, I play it real safe. I think I may need the elixir ultime serum or the ciment thermique for this purpose now. I don't want to get to hasty and change it just yet though.

Oh dear, what to do?

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I'm finished hair product shopping, so I'm all set for the 3 month challenge. I don't plan on coloring my hair until the winter so those are the only staple products I didn't pick up. Otherwise I'm good to go. :toocool: So proud of myself...all of my products now fit on 1 small shelf in my beauty cabinet...and not a jam packed one shelf...but a very spacious shelf where I can see everything. :lachen:

Aggie

I'm just excited about the money I'm going to save during this challenge. Also, I could use up quite a bit of stuff that's been waiting for me to use up. I might need to repeat the challenge again this year to use up more stuff before purchasing again. All I need is a 1 week break after this one is over then start again.

CodeRed

You can try to avoid the sales. It won't be easy for me either... I go crazy for coupons and a good sale

The only sale I want to participate in is the Sally's B1G1 on all hair products... some years they have it in April, some in May... I might join and allow myself that 1 sale because I've been waiting for it and thought it would be in April. I only want 4 items...

gemruby41

I used some of my Kerastase Therapiste prepoo, shampoo and Serum on my hair today and loved them all except the serum. I might have to use it a few more times before I feel confident in it's ability to really give me some great shine during a blow out and flat iron.

The problem is I'm a little scared to use too much heat on my hair because of heat damage. I suffered from it a couple years back and every time I think of using heat on my hair, I cringe and therefore, I play it real safe. I think I may need the elixir ultime serum or the ciment thermique for this purpose now. I don't want to get to hasty and change it just yet though.

Oh dear, what to do?
How long do you leave the Therapiste pre poo on?

LdyKamz

Challenge starts tomorrow so I think I might just go to TJMaxx after work and pick up my Joico treatment balm after all. Then I really won't have to buy anything. Won't even need a pass.

Aggie

How long do you leave the Therapiste pre poo on?
The way I used it is applied to my hair, left it in for about 2 minutes before adding the shampoo right on top of it. I did not wash it out before I shampooed. It felt awesome that way.

I may Wash it out next time before shampooing but I will leave it in my hair a little longer, like 20-30 minutes just to see if there is a difference in how my hair feels.

gemruby41

The way I used it is applied to my hair, left it in for about 2 minutes before adding the shampoo right on top of it. I did not wash it out before I shampooed. It felt awesome that way.

I may Wash it out next time before shampooing but I will leave it in my hair a little longer, like 20-30 minutes just to see if there is a difference in how my hair feels.
Thanks

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse

I'm going to try it that way next time. I usually rinse it after a few minutes and add shampoo. Have you ever used it on dry hair before?

Aggie

I'm going to try it that way next time. I usually rinse it after a few minutes and add shampoo. Have you ever used it on dry hair before?
No I haven't actually. It's such a small bottle that I feel I'll use too much if used on dry hair. Kerastase is expensive but it's concentrated for the most part. I'm trying to stretch it out a bit and so far that works for me. I pray it stays that way. My only wish is that it came in liter size jugs.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
No I haven't actually. It's such a small bottle that I feel I'll use too much if used on dry hair. Kerastase is expensive but it's concentrated for the most part. I'm trying to stretch it out a bit and so far that works for me. I pray it stays that way. My only wish is that it came in liter size jugs.
I want to do a longer prepoo (30 minutes or so) and use it on my hair after I've spritzed it with Aloe Vera juice to make the application easier. It is a small bottle so that might be a bad idea lol. I do have another bottle on the way...

Aggie

I want to do a longer prepoo (30 minutes or so) and use it on my hair after I've spritzed it with Aloe Vera juice to make the application easier. It is a small bottle so that might be a bad idea lol. I do have another bottle on the way...
If your hair is a little damp first, then sprayed with aloe vera juice, and then add the prepoo, that might work without wasting it. I would definitely do it that way myself. 30 minutes sounds wonderful to me.

Aggie

I bought some more bamboo tea this morning so I don't have to worry about it during the challenge and I bought enough for 3 months:yep:.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My wig was tangled and pretty much done for, so I'm throwing it out. I'll go back to my lace wig for a few weeks. Once I do my trim next month I'll try to wear my own hair more

Aggie

My current wig is looking a little tattered as well but I think I can still get another month before dumping it and pulling out one of the other wigs from my bins.