3 Month "no Buy" Challenge

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Listing my stash. It would have been easier to take a pic but I'm bored under the dryer waiting for my roller set to dry :lachen:

Detangler (prewash):
Taliah Waajid The Great Detangler (2)

Shampoo & Conditioner sets:
Joico Moisture Recovery set (1 each)
Enjoy Luxury set (1 each)

Deep conditioners:
MoroccanOil Hydrating mask (2)
Joico Moisture Recovery Balm (3)
It's a 10 mask (2)
Enjoy luxury (sample)

Leave ins:
It's a 10 with keratin (1)
Enjoy leave in spray (sample)
MoroccanOil styling cream (1..almost out, maybe 2 uses left)

Serum:
MoroccanOil treatment (1)

Moisturizer:
Camille Rose Moisture Milk (1)

Styler:
Camille Rose aloe whip (2)
Eco styler argan oil gel (half a jar)

Finisher/UV protection when I exercise outdoors:
MoroccanOil Finishing Mist

Oil
Shea Moisture Tahitian & Noni dry body oil (yes it's a body oil that I use on my body but I'mma still list it because I use it on my ends after roller setting as well) :look:

Daina

Good idea @lulu97 to make a list...I definitely have too many products now that I see it all written out.:eek: This challenge is good for me to create staples or HG'S across every aspect of my regimen.

Cleansing Conditioners
Wen 613 (2)
Wen Fig (2)
Wen Italian Mandarin Fig (1)
Wen Cucumber (1)
Wen Sweet Almond Mint (1)

Conditioners
Keracare Humecto (1)
Aussie Moist 3 min miracle (4)
Homocrin Natural Nourishing Conditioner (1)
Mane -n- Tail (1)

Shampoo
Keracare Hydrating (2)
Mane -n- Tail (1)
Suave Clarifying (1)
Aphogee Deep Moisture (1)

Deep Conditioners
Macadamia Natural Oil deep repair masque (2)
JMRB (1)
Vatika Black Seed hair masque (2)
Redken Extreme Strength Builder Plus (1)
SM Deep Treatment masque (1)
ORS Hair Mayo (1)
Garnier Whole Blends nourishing masque (1)

Treatments
Aphogee 2-minute Reconstructor (1)
Aphogee 2 Step (1)
Olaplex steps 1,2 and 3 (1)
ACV and Black Tea rinse (2)

In my next post I will list moisturizers, oils, EO's and stylers...

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Thanks for reminding me @lulu97.

Shampoos:
Ion Healthy Scalp shampoo
Cream of nature detangling shampoo (green)
Kerastase Bain Chroma Riche

Kerastase masks and conditioners:
Chroma Riche
Chroma Captive
Densite
Maskeratine
Masquintense
Lait Vital
Therapiste mask and prepoo
Cristalliste
Oleo Relax

Leave ins/oils:
Loreal Extraordinary oil cream
Mane n tail conditioner
Frizz Ease Straight fixation
Sulfur oil (homemade)
Coconut oil
Evoo
Argan oil
Kerastase Nectar Thermique
Kerastase Keratin Thermique

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
^^^oh heck to the no! I ain't listing my products:nono:. I'd need 2 pages to complete it so I'll just list whatever I use when I use it.

I've got more hair products than all 3 ^^ of you put together. I think @IDareT'sHair knows that for sure.
I didn't list all of my products. Those are just the ones in rotation. I have a lot of stuff that I don't use at all. (Ex. Alter Ego, Nexxus Emergencee, Aphogee 2 minute).

I'm trying to get rid of my randoms. I use the overflow on my kids (my little product testers).

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
^^^oh heck to the no! I ain't listing my products:nono:. I'd need 2 pages to complete it so I'll just list whatever I use when I use it.

I've got more hair products than all 3 ^^ of you put together. I think @IDareT'sHair knows that for sure.

Awwww don't feel pressured to list your products. I just listed mine for my own personal accountability. I'm excited to go back to quarterly hair product shopping. This list just gives me a good indicator of what I need/don't need. I'm already thinking of replacements for next quarter. LOL

Aggie

Awwww don't feel pressured to list your products. I just listed mine for my own personal accountability. I'm excited to go back to quarterly hair product shopping. This list just gives me a good indicator of what I need/don't need. I'm already thinking of replacements for next quarter. LOL
Whew! Thank goodness, 'cause that would be long.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Now that I'm only washing every 2-3 weeks I'll be using less conditioner.

Next wash day is Wednesday and I'm doing a Therapiste prepoo and Masquintense dc.

Daina

How's everyone doing with all the sales going on? I stopped looking at some emails because I don't want to be tempted to stray! My local BSS is having a sale on E'tae products and it's been on my list of things to try. Wanted to try their caramel treatment and it's 50% off...:pullhair:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
How's everyone doing with all the sales going on? I stopped looking at some emails because I don't want to be tempted to stray! My local BSS is having a sale on E'tae products and it's been on my list of things to try. Wanted to try their caramel treatment and it's 50% off...:pullhair:

I'm not phased by sales...they come, they go and the cycle continues. LOL

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Sooooooo hubby and I have a $300 per month (each) budget for personal items. That amount is automatically transferred from our joint checking into our individual checking accounts. I just received an alert that my personal account hit $1,000. :toocool: I transferred it all into my savings account real quick before I got any crazy ideas :drunk:

We are headed on vacation in a few weeks...it's a big month for us. Anniversary, Mother's Day, my birthday.....we are going to NYC for a few days and our annual Hawaii trip. (We have already saved for both). My goal for the next 5 years is to buy a 2ND home (vacation home) in Hawaii since we go every year. I'm thinking we can find a realty company to rent it out throughout the year and we spend our summers there. Just sharing my dreams and what saving a little money here and there can do. :2inlove: Small changes lead to big dreams. LOL

Last edited:

Smiley79

Almost finished my Mielle Organics DC tonight. The littl bit thats left will be used during my nexr cowash.

I looked thru my products and set out all the almost finished or half way finished items up front. Once they're done, i will move on to new or almost full products. (This will motivate me stick to finishing a product because i have a few products on hand that i cant wait to try)

Napp

Ms. Nobody
the good lord knows I need this thread! lol I have so much stuff its ridiculous. My issue is that I love to buy by the liter. so i not only have alot of stuff, they also take a long time to use up. Right now I am saving up money for a car so no more spending for me!. I literally have everything I need for at least 2-3 years.